Contract expiry

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Contract expiry

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:34 pm

Positive stuff. Love it. Come in Alfie... :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:12 pm

Love Alfie!!! Good signings so far :)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:27 am

Updated to include the signings of Perry and Le Fondre.

Contracts until June unless otherwise stated. Corrections and clarifications (with citations) always welcome.

RELEASED AT END OF CONTRACT
Lawrie Wilson, Reece Wabara, Lewis Buxton, Callum Spooner, Dean Moxey, Liam Trotter, Mark Davies, Tom Walker

LOANEES RETURNED TO PARENT CLUBS
Tom Thorpe (released by Rotherham), James Henry (released by Wolves), Chris Long (contracted to Burnley until 2018), Viv Solomon-Otabor (contracted to Birmingham until 2019)

NOT KNOWN AS YET
Dorian Dervite
Jay Spearing
Filipe Morais
Max Clayton
Alex Honeyball
George Newell

Mark Howard
Ben Alnwick
Mark Beevers
David Wheater ("with an option")
Derik Osede
Alex Perry (presumably a one-year deal but not stated)
Jem Karacan ("with the option to extend for a further year")
Darren Pratley
Chris Taylor
Jamie Proctor
Conor Wilkinson (Granted permission to speak to other clubs, summer 2017)

Ben Amos
Andrew Taylor
Josh Vela
Adam Le Fondre (with "an option", "appearance-based" according to the player)
Gary Madine

Unknown but under contract
Jack Earing, Alex Samizadeh, Jake Turner (among others)

------

Long way still to go but we've now got 16 signed up, if you include Perry, and we could almost put a team out in 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1. Such a theoretical exercise does, however, highlight the areas to strengthen:

..................ALF, Madine...................
C Taylor, Karacan, Vela, Pratley, A Taylor
...........Beevers, Wheater, Derik...........
......................Howard.....................

................Madine................
C Taylor.........ALF........Pratley
.........Karacan......Vela...........
A Taylor, Beevers, Wheater, Derik
.................Howard...............

Subs: Amos, Alnwick, Alex Perry, Proctor, Wilkinson

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:13 pm

I think if we get Spearing we will have done pretty well. Morais as well ideally. Dervite for me still might be an option I think we have offered him something given no announcement of his release has been made.

However, the task is rapidly becoming one of improvement. The embargo and lack of news on it and the accounts etc is becoming a major worry. It is June. Teams are lining up deals. If we aren't able to do so it will be a major issue.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:45 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:13 pm
I think if we get Spearing we will have done pretty well. Morais as well ideally. Dervite for me still might be an option I think we have offered him something given no announcement of his release has been made.

However, the task is rapidly becoming one of improvement. The embargo and lack of news on it and the accounts etc is becoming a major worry. It is June. Teams are lining up deals. If we aren't able to do so it will be a major issue.
aaaaaand Worried Insano is back in the room :D

All those who haven't been re-signed or released – so Dervite, Spearing, Morais and Clayton, plus possibly youthers Alex Honeyball and George Newell – will have been offered contracts, or the club would be obliged to list them as impending free agents. The contracts run until June 30, but under Football League rules Section 6 rule 65.2 the third Saturday in May – unless the club's still fulfilling fixtures – is the latest that clubs can either tell players they'll be released or make them an offer.

Under rule 65.4 players have one month after the offer is made to officially accept or decline it. Morais we know about – Boris's claim that we offered one year and he wants two sounds entirely plausible – while I'd guess that Spearing and Dervite have been made offers which are lower than their previous contract, and are therefore awaiting their agents shaking out other options.

Max Clayton is a different case due to his age. (He was born 9 Aug 1994, a few days before we started our promotion season with a 3-3 draw at Grimsby featuring a brace from new signing Mixu Paatelainen.) As an Under-24 player, if he is offered at least the same terms then we are entitled to a compensation fee. This probably isn't the problem – I doubt we broke the wage structure for a kid from Crewe - so I'd say it's, again, more likely that his agent is seeking alternatives, probably at lower-league clubs if he feels it more important to get game time than wait on our bench.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:48 am

Honeyball and Newell are to be released, along with a few others.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:58 am

jmjhb wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:48 am
Honeyball and Newell are to be released, along with a few others.
Cheers. The only source I've seen so far is LoV, who say we're releasing Honeyball, Newell, Ronaldo Pearson, Anas Abdo, Luke Griffiths, Jack Everest, Matthew Marsh, Tom Grivosti, Jordan Grant and Hyuga Tanner. BWFC.co.uk earlier confirmed we've offered third-year scholarships to Harry Brockbank, Alex Samizadeh, Cole Lonsdale, Jack Earing and Ryan White.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:22 pm

Spearing keeps sending instabangers from the side of a pool somewhere, he had one holiday, then went to vegas with wheatz and now he's gone again, so id maybe put him not having signed yet to him being out of the country...

not too fussed about Morais tho. obviously he did well when he came in but the opposition had found him out by the end of the season, and its a big step up to the champo too....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:23 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:22 pm
Spearing keeps sending instabangers from the side of a pool somewhere, he had one holiday, then went to vegas with wheatz and now he's gone again, so id maybe put him not having signed yet to him being out of the country...

not too fussed about Morais tho. obviously he did well when he came in but the opposition had found him out by the end of the season, and its a big step up to the champo too....
I'd agree, I think Spearing will probably stay (unless he really wants to maximise his earnings) he seems very "in" with the rest of our players and seems to like it here.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:51 pm

Not sure Spearing's quite the shoo-in that, say, Wheater was. For a start, his wages will almost certainly be cut, to play in a higher division dominated by clubs swimming in either parachute payments or speculative investment.

Moreover, Spearing turns 29 this November. If he wants to play in the Premier League again, this might be his last real chance to get that move. IMO Champo is probably his level but he might be thinking that if he can get a regular role in a team with a good chance of going up, he might hit his 30s in the top flight. The second division is very competitive so it's difficult to know who that club might be, and I've no idea who might be interested in him, but in harsh cold analytical terms we're currently one of the least likely clubs to help him get back up there.

Conversely, while Morais isn't quite the one-trick pony he's being made out to be – even if he was, it's quite a trick, 13 assists in 19 matches – he probably won't get a offer from a better club than us. Up to him, I guess, whether he'd rather get a two-year deal from, say, Wigan or Blackburn. He is, after all, a professional footballer.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:05 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:51 pm
Moreover, Spearing turns 29 this November. If he wants to play in the Premier League again, this might be his last real chance to get that move.
I want to wake up alongside Kelly Brook tomorrow, but it definitely isn't happening! :wink:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:13 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:05 pm
Moreover, Spearing turns 29 this November. If he wants to play in the Premier League again, this might be his last real chance to get that move.
I want to wake up alongside Kelly Brook tomorrow, but it definitely isn't happening! :wink:
More likely to wake up next to Bradshaw Brook... :D

But you get my meaning. He was good to stick by us (or maybe he didn't have any other option) last season, but we were the big fish in the third tier. Now he's come off a successful season, and he may well get offers from clubs who are more likely to go up than us - there's about 15 of them, IMO.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:03 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:05 pm
I want to wake up alongside Kel Brook tomorrow, but it definitely isn't happening! :wink:
:shock:
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:51 pm

Cant see Spearing holding a place in a premier league side. Point taken about one of the better Championship teams though. Instill think he will sign - he loves the club and prefers big fish / small pond I reckon.

Morais...yeah he is more of a gamble - but his delivery is fantastic and set peices should be big again for us next season.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:30 pm

DERVITE SIGNS
"One-year deal with an option"
Source: Official BWFC Twitter

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:37 pm

Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:30 pm
DERVITE SIGNS
Never understood why Dervite's always been so unpopular with some. I've always thought him to be a very steady player, and for me is exactly the sort of defender the squad, if not necessarily the first XI on a weekly basis, needs.
May the bridges I burn light your way

elhadj
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by elhadj » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:41 pm

we are bringing all player from last year it's not bad but we need new player .

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:44 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:37 pm
DERVITE SIGNS
Never understood why Dervite's always been so unpopular with some. I've always thought him to be a very steady player, and for me is exactly the sort of defender the squad, if not necessarily the first XI on a weekly basis, needs.
Agreed. Been a critic of his, but I think like most centre halves when your manager leaves the midfield open and you aren't protected you look poor. I actually thought he looked a real classy player in a back three at the back end of last season. Has championship experience, I imagine isn't that expensive. So I'm pretty happy with this.

Oh and as an aside we know for a fact that none of the players we've brought back are on more than £10K a week, given that is the limit we can pay whilst under embargo. So we aren't breaking the bank on these lads, at least not in the way we used to.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:08 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:44 pm

Oh and as an aside we know for a fact that none of the players we've brought back are on more than £10K a week, given that is the limit we can pay whilst under embargo. So we aren't breaking the bank on these lads, at least not in the way we used to.
Source? Interesting if so.

I have to admit I am delighted with the Dervite signing. If there was one player we had at the end of last season who imo had the talent to play at the top end of the Championship and higher it was him. Big, strong and pretty quick and pretty good on the ball. Under Parky he could really flourish. I reckon our defence is now top half of Championship material, even if we sign an average RB/RWB with cover (Morais +1).

I have to say I am pretty impressed the way the Anderson's have gone about the business of re-signing the squad from last season. They seem to understand how these negotiations work and how to get them completed. Morais is still tweeting about the club and Spearing seems socially connected to a lot of the squad so we could be set for the full compliment of our out of contract players which is impressive. I am less impressed with the silence on more important aspects of the clubs business, such as the resolution of the Blumarble situation and how that seems to prevent completion of the accounts and escape from Embargoland. I actually think the embargo doesn't change our transfer policy too much, but it is definitely something Parky could point to as justification for his potential exit, which hopefully isn't happening.

I do hope new deals are in place for Parky and his staff, as well as Vela and Beevers who presumably signed their contracts on L1 money.
Optimism is threatening to break out here despite the behind the scenes stuff dragging on...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:11 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:44 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:37 pm
DERVITE SIGNS
Agreed. Been a critic of his, but I think like most centre halves when your manager leaves the midfield open and you aren't protected you look poor. I actually thought he looked a real classy player in a back three at the back end of last season. Has championship experience, I imagine isn't that expensive. So I'm pretty happy with this.

Looked ok in the 3 but was always concerned about him in the middle of a 4
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"