Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by malcd1 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:48 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:11 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:58 am
Prufrock wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:28 am
I for one couldn't give less of a shit!
Seriously. You couldn't give less of a shit about additional non-earned revenue coming into the club? You couldn't give less of a shit about high profile brand exposure or the level of brand alignment?

Have you been drinking paint?
I suspect what he means is that we have no idea if this is a good deal or not. Big names don't always pay more (are Betfred a big name - I genuinely do not know?).

Given Ken seems savvy I suspect it is a good deal, but all a bit meaningless based on how it has been presented.

According to the Bolton News it is significantly more.
WANDERERS have confirmed a lucrative two-year sponsorship deal with gambling firm BetFred.

The company will have their logo emblazoned on the front of the club’s shirt for the next two seasons and will also take up additional branding at the Macron Stadium.

BetFred replace previous sponsors Spin and Win – with the new deal worth “significantly more” according to sources at the club.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:23 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Seriously. You couldn't give less of a shit about additional non-earned revenue coming into the club? You couldn't give less of a shit about high profile brand exposure or the level of brand alignment?

Of course I don't give a shit about the "brand alignment" of the football team I support, are you a lunatic?!

All I care about is it gets the most money for the club (which none of us are in a position to know) and if possible I'd like it not to be an arms manufacturer or an anti-abortion group.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:21 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:23 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Of course I don't give a shit about the "brand alignment" of the football team I support, are you a lunatic?!

All I care about is it gets the most money for the club (which none of us are in a position to know) and if possible I'd like it not to be an arms manufacturer or an anti-abortion group.
What about a pro-abortion group?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:07 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:24 am
Yep, two more from Worthy – technically "FibrLec" without the first e and "ROK Mobile" but that would be quibbling.

Two more to get. Clue: Bruce got them both wrong (but much else right, valued member of the team etc etc)

I once saw an exhibition at the Museum (must have been just after Burnden closed as they had one of the original turnstiles).

Anyway two match shirts were featured on manikins. One had B.E.N. on it and the other SOREEN which, I presume was some sort of nod to Warburtons.
Last edited by Gary the Enfield on Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:32 pm

188BET and QuickQuid.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:49 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:07 pm
Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:24 am
Yep, two more from Worthy – technically "FibrLec" without the first e and "ROK Mobile" but that would be quibbling.

Two more to get. Clue: Bruce got them both wrong (but much else right, valued member of the team etc etc)

I once saw an exhibition at the Museum (must have been just after Burnden closed as they had one of the original turnstiles.

Anyway two match shirts were featured on manikins. One had B.E.N. on it and the other SOREEN which, I presume was some sort of nod to Warburtons.
I read that as mankinis :shock:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:56 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:32 pm
188BET and QuickQuid.
Those were the two I was thinking of, aye (Brucey had Bet 118 and Wonga).

No idea about the Soreen sponsorship GtE mentions, although it does ring a distant bell. Wix.com sponsored us for the Liverpool FA Cup game, and the University of Bolton (as opposed to its subsidiary FibrLec) for the last month of the 2015/16 season when we fell out with ROK Mobile.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:23 pm

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:56 pm
Nicko58 wrote:
188BET and QuickQuid.

No idea about the Soreen sponsorship GtE mentions, although it does ring a distant bell. Wix.com sponsored us for the Liverpool FA Cup game, and the University of Bolton (as opposed to its subsidiary FibrLec) for the last month of the 2015/16 season when we fell out with ROK Mobile.
Definitely saw it. So did Mrs GtE......

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:55 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:21 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

What about a pro-abortion group?
Depends on the logo.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:00 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

No, but I do work in a field that you don't. Brand alignment attracts inward investment from similar and aspirational brand owners. We're skint. That's probably escaped your attention as you could only give a shit about what happens on the pitch, where the players play for free.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:52 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
188BET and QuickQuid.

No idea about the Soreen sponsorship GtE mentions.
I made myself four minutes late for a meeting as I sat there wracking my brains, and what do I get? Pedantry. :D

Regarding Soreen, we had the situation whereby whenever a player went down injured an ad would pop up on the screen advising "Injured? Eat Soreen"! You're on the road to Felix Magath's "Rub some cheese on it" territory there. Dear me.

What about training kit sponsors? Currently Franking Sense, however, I'll get the ball rolling with Cambrian pop. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:43 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:52 pm
Nicko58 wrote:
188BET and QuickQuid.

No idea about the Soreen sponsorship GtE mentions.
I made myself four minutes late for a meeting as I sat there wracking my brains, and what do I get? Pedantry. :D

Regarding Soreen, we had the situation whereby whenever a player went down injured an ad would pop up on the screen advising "Injured? Eat Soreen"! You're on the road to Felix Magath's "Rub some cheese on it" territory there. Dear me.

What about training kit sponsors? Currently Franking Sense, however, I'll get the ball rolling with Cambrian pop. :)
Cambrian pop, really get the bowel rolling that.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:44 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:00 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

No, but I do work in a field that you don't. Brand alignment attracts inward investment from similar and aspirational brand owners. We're skint. That's probably escaped your attention as you could only give a shit about what happens on the pitch, where the players play for free.
Yes, I only care what happens on the pitch. Im happy enough to hope someone employed by the club is dealing with the cash rather than wading through 3 pages of hypotheticals about our "brand alignment". I'm only ever interested in the money as far as it's going to affect the pitch. Three pages of uninformed speculation (we know the name) tells us nothing. And it's sooo dull.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:30 am

likewise. instantly look away whenever the clubs finances are spoken/written about... zzzzzzz

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:04 pm

Billbob
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Billbob » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:32 pm

Do that mean ken or dean face the marble and who is responsible and what assets are it tied too? My head feels like it's been in a washing machine

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:02 am

Billbob wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:32 pm
Do that mean ken or dean face the marble and who is responsible and what assets are it tied too? My head feels like it's been in a washing machine
No. It means two winding up petitions HMRC raised in May have been dealt with. But the major issue of Blumarble vs Sportshield remains. That isn't something Ken necessarily will sort out as SS is Dean's company. They owe Blumarble about £7M. So will need to find a way to pay or find someone else willing to pay.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:59 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:02 am
Billbob wrote:
No. It means two winding up petitions HMRC raised in May have been dealt with. But the major issue of Blumarble vs Sportshield remains. That isn't something Ken necessarily will sort out as SS is Dean's company. They owe Blumarble about £7M. So will need to find a way to pay or find someone else willing to pay.
Didn't KA/Inner Circle buy some of Sportshields' shares? I think it was 30% or something. Where does that leave KA?
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:01 am

We (BWFC) still appear to be the guarantor in any event...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:04 am

malcd1 wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:59 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:02 am
Billbob wrote:
Didn't KA/Inner Circle buy some of Sportshields' shares? I think it was 30% or something. Where does that leave KA?
I suspect Ken did that to protect himself in the event Sportshield was sold. Just a hunch.

The final court date is in a few weeks so I suspect then we'll find out what is happening here.