The Promotion Commotion Transfer Thread 2017

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Promotion Commotion Transfer Thread 2017

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:36 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:59 pm
boltonboris wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:47 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:23 pm
When we first signed him I was skeptical. Thought he was a show pony who wouldn't produce much. But I was wrong. He came in showed quality and grafted.

Enjoyed watching him last season, so glad he's signed again. We've now got 4 right wingers and 2 right backs in the squad. Need some left siders.
I'm sure Ameobi could play on the left - But I still think we'll play with wingbacks
Although I can see that in certain circumstances, you'd imagine Ameobi is near the top of our payscale (said to be £10kpw), and Buckley won't be far off it. I can't imagine we'd use two big-wage cards for "impact subs". Wondering if Parky has a different role in mind for Sammy... an option in a front two? It's a weird idea, but I can't quite shake it...

As you say, Ameobi could well play on the left, and I'm struggling to think who BWFCi's fourth right-winger is (after Morais). Chris Taylor's more left than right, Buckley's no stranger to that side, so you could say we've got a fairly balanced four for the two flanks. I certainly wouldn't want eight wingers and four full-backs...
Taylor is right footed. Sure he plays on the left but cuts in constantly.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:56 pm

I reckon thats his first choice xi that he has gone with tonight.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:52 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:56 pm
Made 9 changes and won 2-1. Goals from Madine and Vela.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:01 pm

Samizadeh's left us and joined Kilmarnock.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:01 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:01 pm
On first reading, that's doesn't exactly sound like a massive career move?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:49 am

A wee article on the workings of transfer deals if anyone is interested..

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 37031.html

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:13 am

Nicko58 wrote:
Just read that. I thought that this boy was going to be our new bright young thing. What's happened here then?
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:39 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:13 am
Nicko58 wrote:
Just read that. I thought that this boy was going to be our new bright young thing. What's happened here then?
Depends who you believe I guess. Parky says he wasn't what we wanted.

Ultimately he was offered a third year as a scholar but wanted a pro contract. We decided he wasn't worth one.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:44 am

I think we've dropped a bollock. Course I have never seen him play but all the sounds were he has potential - we cant give him first team football so he has gone to find it. We will see. That Mooy lad toddled off to scotland and look where he is now and we're no richer because of it.

Sure there will be plenty who disagree but I think we should have given this lad more of a go. Wven if to increase the cash we would of got when he left.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:03 am

I think the squad cap under the embargo meant giving a pro contract was unlikely without being certain he could contribute in the 1st team. Shame as he looked like a real goalscorer that just needed more time to develop the rest of his game.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:10 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:44 am
I think we've dropped a bollock. Course I have never seen him play but all the sounds were he has potential - we cant give him first team football so he has gone to find it. We will see. That Mooy lad toddled off to scotland and look where he is now and we're no richer because of it.

Sure there will be plenty who disagree but I think we should have given this lad more of a go. Wven if to increase the cash we would of got when he left.
Did you read what David Lee said of him last year? It wasn't very complimentary. We aren't in a position to hand out pro deals to players who aren't good enough.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:28 am

I did. Talented but doesnt apply himself enough iirc. Anyway I knew you would disagree with me. Lets see.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:48 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:56 pm
Without ALF? I'm not saying you're wrong, and I do wonder how the wee man fits into a 4-2-3-1, but it would be a bold decision.
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:36 pm
Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:59 pm
As you say, Ameobi could well play on the left, and I'm struggling to think who BWFCi's fourth right-winger is (after Morais). Chris Taylor's more left than right, Buckley's no stranger to that side, so you could say we've got a fairly balanced four for the two flanks. I certainly wouldn't want eight wingers and four full-backs...
Taylor is right footed. Sure he plays on the left but cuts in constantly.
But by the same rationale, Ameobi is predominantly left-footed. Both his league goals for us last season were scored with his left, after cutting in from the right. His only assist, at Northampton, was also left-footed after cutting in from the right. His goal in the FA Cup against Sheffield United was scored with his left after cutting in from the right. His goal against Blackpool in the Chakakhantradetrophy was scored with his left.

So if Chris Taylor isn't a left-winger because he's right-footed and cuts inside, you surely can't claim both him and his polar opposite Ameobi as being right-wingers. It'll all come out in the wash, but remember that when we played 4-2-3-1 last season it was most often with inverted wingers, right-footed Clough drifting in from the left and Ameobi doing the opposite. In short, I don't think we necessarily need to spend time/cash/squadspace on adding the sort of left-winger who hugs the chalk, hits the byline then whips a cross 10 yards in front of Madine...

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:00 pm

With the transfer embargo still in tact and therefore the restrictions on the number of players that we can register remaining in place, it makes it difficult to bed a proffessionally contracted youngster into the first team by introducing them slowly because we need to make each registered player count. Therefore, to justify granting Samizadeh what he seemingly wanted, Parky would have to be of the opinion that he was capable of offering the same benefit to the first team that an established professional would right now, and obviously thought that he wasn't yet able to.

We might have to get used to seeing our bright young things move on. As recently departed prospect Hyuga Tanner higlighted, Bolton Wanderers isn't a great place to be at the moment if you're a promising youngster. From their perspective, signing a professional contract with us could actually harm their chances.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:08 pm

Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:48 am
officer_dibble wrote: I reckon thats his first choice xi that he has gone with tonight.
Without ALF? I'm not saying you're wrong, and I do wonder how the wee man fits into a 4-2-3-1, but it would be a bold decision.
Yep. Super sub or use in a 442 or 352. Good to have options.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:11 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:08 pm
Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:48 am
officer_dibble wrote:I reckon thats his first choice xi that he has gone with tonight.
Yep. Super sub or use in a 442 or 352. Good to have options.
Fair enough. I'm hoping for more formational flexibility within games, and PP seems to want more depth too. Morais and ALF got us up, but that doesn't mean they're nailed-on.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:23 pm

So Phil has indicated that we need 5 more first team players. Most of these will come from loans from PL teams and I reckon the positions that need strengthening are:

1. Left Back : For cover to Andy Taylor
2. Centre Back: Ideally we need to have 4 in total as I believe we will be mainly playing 4-2-3-1 and not 3-5-2 which we will probably use against weaker teams at home. We already have Wheater, Beever, Dervite, and so 1 more is needed for cover.
3. Central Midfielder: A more defensive one to replace Spearing and better than Derik. Karacan, Pratley and Vela are box to box midfielders.
4. An Attacking midfielder/striker. We have only Vela to play that role and we need a number 10 to play off Madine.
5. A big # 9. Last season we saw what happened when Madine got injured. We need a similar type of player to provide him with competition.

If we are able to get those positions filled with proper players to complement the 18 first team players we already have, we may surprise quite a few people this season.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:49 am

I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:53 am

In this mornings papers that we are after two strikers.

First is borrowed from an LOV article but one I have checked. Telegrafi are linking us with Atdhe Nuhiu from Sheffield Wednesday. Atdhe is a 6' 5" target man.
Footballer of Sheffield Wednesday and Kosovo striker Atdhe Nuhiu there is demand from major English clubs Fulham and Bolton and Spartak Moscow.

In an interview with presheva.com, Homeland has revealed his future.

"My future will be decided in mid-August. I have offers from Fulham and Bolton and also from Spartak Moscow. Everything will be decided by the middle of next month, "said PRESHEVARS striker Atdhe Nuhiu.
The second link is with Adam Armstrong from Newcastle.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... Wanderers/
WANDERERS are closing in on a new striker – with Newcastle United’s Adam Armstrong tipped to be Phil Parkinson’s latest arrival at the Macron Stadium.

The Bolton News understands a loan deal could be on the cards for the 20-year-old front man, who spent most of last season in the Championship with Barnsley.

Parkinson’s chances of landing Armstrong looked slim after he helped England’s Under-20s win this summer’s World Cup, as Newcastle wanted a big slice of his wage off the books.

But a compromise was reached over the last week, and it now looks increasingly likely the youngster will be starting the season in Bolton colours alongside his former Magpies team-mate Sammy Ameobi.

Parkinson has stayed tight-lipped on his targets but admits he is far from finished in the transfer market

“We need four or five players,” he told The Bolton News. “Like every deal you have to be patient but we’re working hard to get those deals done.

“As I’ve said before, you really do face competition for the attacking players.

“We’ve looked at one or two Premier League players but their clubs want them back in for the first couple of weeks of pre-season, which is normal.

“There are a couple of other players who were out of our reach earlier in the summer who are now starting to fall within our remit.

“There’s lot of things going on.”
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:53 am

Bugger. Beat me to it Riviman.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.