How to watch Bolton and almost any other game in the Championship ** Not free **

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

DJBlu
Site Admin

How to watch Bolton and almost any other game in the Championship ** Not free **

Post by DJBlu » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:35 pm

The following is a guide. If you follow it and it works then wahoo, if not then I hold no responsibility for any loss of access nor subscriptions paid. You partake in the following at your own risk.

Howdy everyone.

As the season fast approaches the news that iFollow is allowing Championship, League 1 and League 2 fans to watch live games, excluding those covered by TV providers. There is one catch. This option is only available to fans from outside the United Kingdom.

If you live outside of the UK and want to watch the games head on over to https://www.bwfc.co.uk/ifollow/subscribe/ and pay in your local currency.

For those living in the UK all is not lost.

This is a grey area as what I am going to explain will in essence spoof your physical location and make the iFollow website believe you are outside of the UK.

With the use of a VPN provider you can watch all the games available, live or full replay.

I am going to explain how to use a provider called IPVanish, there are others but for the sake of simplicity I'm keeping it down to this provider.

Be warned this process is not free and will require a little time.

Ok.

Step 1.

Visit http://www.speedtest.net/ or http://www.whatsmyip.org/ and make a note of your IP address.

Sign up to the service using this link. https://www.ipvanish.com/top-vpn-servic ... 9&chan=i1d It will give you a greatly reduced price. I will not receive anything if you sign up as it's not my affiliate link.

Step 2.

Install the appropriate App for your device.

*If you plan on watching iFollow games on your Android or Apple device then an app is unavailable at the time of writing this. The only methods of watching are via a browser on an iMac, Linux or Windows browser. They do say one will be forthcoming and when it does I'll update this guide as they'll no doubt use the location function of your device.

Step 3.

Delete your web history or if you can delete everything to do with www.bwfc.co.uk.

Step 4.

Open the IPVanish software on your device and log in. Now the important bit. Select a server outside of the UK and click connect. This will connect to a computer in the country you have selected. I suggest you try one in the Netherlands, Belgium or France. This will keep the route to a minimum.
To check that everything is working visit http://www.speedtest.net/ or http://www.whatsmyip.org/ and check your IP address. It should have changed to one from earlier.

Step 5.

Head on over to https://www.bwfc.co.uk/ifollow/subscribe/ and register a new account. You should be presented with the option to subscribe for the season for around €130 or CAD 130.

The following is paramount.

DO NOT LOG INTO THE BWFC WEBSITE WITHOUT FIRST CONNECTING TO YOUR VPN SERVICE OR YOU RUN THE RISK OF HAVING YOUR SERVICES TERMINATED WITHOUT REFUND.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: How to watch Bolton and almost any other game in the Championship ** Not free **

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:59 pm

Bear in mind that they may catch on its a VPN op address and deny you access. This happened to me with Amazon prime video. I have a choice of several UK servers and they've blocked them all. Bastards :(

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: How to watch Bolton and almost any other game in the Championship ** Not free **

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:21 pm

I'm sure the club also won't have the nous to spot huge numbers of people paying for the subscription with UK billing addresses.

If you're gonna watch it illegally, I don't know why you'd pay to. Would imagine there'll be loads of streams now they're doing this.

Each to their own though I suppose.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:47 pm

Yeah I would think one of the Kodi groups would do this

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:11 pm

I may be a bit shit at Kodi but from what I have heard its dying a bit of a death? If we're on Sky and I am not there I buy a day pass for £7. Not had to worry about finding a stream for a while and not really missed it to be honest, fuzzy picture with iranian commentary or whatever. I would be surprised if I watch anything through Kodi this season.

This service is Deffo useful for those abroad or in places where you can't get to games. In that respect if you live in say Aberdeen why shouldn't the club want to take 130 canadian dollars off you - you are hardly gonna get back for a home game that often? But if you can pay for it and you live locally would it stop you buying a season ticket? It wouldnt for me.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:30 pm

It is being throttled but there are paid addons which are still excellent

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:43 pm

why oh why can't fans the oppsite end of the country take advantage of this! I'd gladly pay to watch it. it's 400 mile round trip for me so I can't get to many games! think the club is missing a trick to be honest! if you live x amount of miles away from the staduim (with proof) this service should be open to us!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:18 pm

Its not the club its the law plymouth.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:04 am

All to do with regional licensing Plymouth.

I doubt I'll bother with it as evening games I'm not staying up for and I'm not always always around for afternoon games anytime. If they were to offer a PAYG option then I'd make use of it.

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:19 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:21 pm
I'm sure the club also won't have the nous to spot huge numbers of people paying for the subscription with UK billing addresses.
Nothing to do with the club, but the company responsible for the product itself.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:39 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:04 am

I doubt I'll bother with it as evening games I'm not staying up for and I'm not always always around for afternoon games anytime. If they were to offer a PAYG option then I'd make use of it.
Apparently they do and it's €6 a game.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:04 am

DJBlu wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:39 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:04 am

Apparently they do and it's €6 a game.
Cool, I'll definitely have the occasional bit of that :)