The Promotion Commotion Transfer Thread 2017

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: The Promotion Commotion Transfer Thread 2017

Post by Nicko58 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:21 am

Nixon is reporting that we've made a big offer to Jason Lowe. He's also reported the thing about Turner, who he describes as a 'future number one for club and country'.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:32 am

I'm guessing I must've seen Lowe a few times. Can't actually recall him...

Billbob
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Billbob » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:08 pm

Whilst googling jason lowe wages came up, in same column jay spearing was on 29,000 a week at Blackburn. Is that how much jay was on at Bolton?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:18 pm

I'd sell turner if a few million quid came in. Yes he has huge potential. Yes it is galling to sell our youngsters.

But given where we are it is about short termism. Selling him could help us move out of embargo. It also presumably gets the wolves off the backs. End of the day I don't believe Turner will play this season. Certainly not much. Few million for a lad who will spend his time in the u23's...no brainer.

Yes in 5 years he could be worth 50M. But he won't reach that value if he stays with us anyway.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:18 pm
I'd sell turner if a few million quid came in. Yes he has huge potential. Yes it is galling to sell our youngsters.

But given where we are it is about short termism. Selling him could help us move out of embargo. It also presumably gets the wolves off the backs. End of the day I don't believe Turner will play this season. Certainly not much. Few million for a lad who will spend his time in the u23's...no brainer.

Yes in 5 years he could be worth 50M. But he won't reach that value if he stays with us anyway.
If we chucked him in the firsts for a game in the Carbuncle Trophy, would that enhance his value? It's just that I noticed a comment about clubs being keen to sign him before he's had a first team game.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

You really reckon we'll get a few million?

We only got a bit of change for Holding and Clough ...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:20 pm

Jugs wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:05 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

You really reckon we'll get a few million?

We only got a bit of change for Holding and Clough ...
Dunno. If a few want him....the fees up there are mental....however anyone with half a brain will realise we are skint.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:05 pm

Iles: "Finally getting somewhere on Jason Lowe to Bolton story - definitely interest. Should know later in week if terms can be agreed."

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:25 pm

Sell Turner and hopefully get enough to cover or cancel Amos''s contract. Lowe on a free and a significant saving on Spearings wages That'd be more good business imo
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:25 pm
Sell Turner and hopefully get enough to cover or cancel Amos''s contract.
I know what you mean but it would be really annoying if the proceeds from selling a great prospect were merely used to cover the cost of a bad decision.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:16 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:57 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
I know what you mean but it would be really annoying if the proceeds from selling a great prospect were merely used to cover the cost of a bad decision.
Not sure 'really annoying' would suffice tbh....!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:06 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:57 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
True, but ultimately pragmatic.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Billbob
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Billbob » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:00 pm

Looks like Man United have bought a 18 year goalkeeper from Leeds theo richardson, so jake might be staying after all.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:57 pm

Goes from bad to worse. We are down if Ken can't sweet talk the league. We are as Parky has said 4 players short. We won't get anyone good enough to even sit on a championship bench under these rules. Loans will effectively be only half a season. And then we will be sunk. In January there will be no free transfers.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... alary_cap/

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:17 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:57 pm
Goes from bad to worse. We are down if Ken can't sweet talk the league. We are as Parky has said 4 players short. We won't get anyone good enough to even sit on a championship bench under these rules. Loans will effectively be only half a season. And then we will be sunk. In January there will be no free transfers.

One man to blame here - Dean Holdsworth....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:44 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:17 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Many more than that let's be honest. Previous regime massively culpable. And Ken has delivered on promise of lifting embargo and he's had enough time.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:44 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Many more than that let's be honest. Previous regime massively culpable. And Ken has delivered on promise of lifting embargo and he's had enough time.
How can he lKen) get the embargo lifted without Holdsworth sorting out the Blumarble loan

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:58 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:52 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:44 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

How can he lKen) get the embargo lifted without Holdsworth sorting out the Blumarble loan
Well it's tricky, though the only way it gets sorted is if Ken pays it. He didn't have to fall out with Deano and try to force him out.

I agree Ken is in a tough spot. But he's partially culpable. Not the main culprit by any means.

But ironically the only person who can now sort this out.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:36 pm

Pretty ridiculous of the league to change the rules so drastically midway through a TW. Whilst the league are entitled to make the rules unattractive for clubs to be in an embargo, they should at least allow the clubs to operate with some clarity by having the same rules throughout a TW.

If we are to be stuck with these rules, then we are in trouble. The squad is already weak for the Championship imo, but now we can't sign any player on Championship wages, and are effectively looking for L1 free transfers, that haven't already been snapped up, i.e. not the best L1 free transfers. We'd better sign Bruce, and it looks unlikely that Reece Burke, or Josh Cullen will now be able to be signed, and if so for a maximum of 6 months. We somehow need to find a cheap left back/left wing back, defensive midfielder and big striker.

EDIT - Ken seems to be denying all knowledge???

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2017/july/a ... an-260717/
Last edited by bristol_Wanderer3 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:38 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:36 pm
Pretty ridiculous of the league to change the rules so drastically midway through a TW. Whilst the league are entitled to make the rules unattractive for clubs to be in an embargo, they should at least allow the clubs to operate with some clarity by having the same rules throughout a TW.

If we are to be stuck with these rules, then we are in trouble. The squad is already weak for the Championship imo, but now we can't sign any player on Championship wages, and are effectively looking for L1 free transfers, that haven't already been snapped up, i.e. not the best L1 free transfers. We'd better sign Bruce, and it looks unlikely that Reece Burke, or Josh Cullen will now be able to be signed, and if so for a maximum of 6 months. We somehow need to find a cheap left back/left wing back, defensive midfielder and big striker.
We should probably save our money. We might need it. Signing those sorts of players won't make any difference.