Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:20 am

Just heard someone talk about "feed forward. We don't feedback anymore, we feedforward".

Think my head is going to explode.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:21 am

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:20 am
Just heard someone talk about "feed forward. We don't feedback anymore, we feedforward".

Does that actually mean anything?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:32 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:21 am
Prufrock wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:20 am

Does that actually mean anything?
Yes, you tell 'em they're a nice person at the beginning and save yourself bottling it up until the end.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:41 am

I don't like "feedback" at the best of times. Feedforward can do one.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:48 am

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:41 am
I don't like "feedback" at the best of times. Feedforward can do one.
"Blue sky thinking" does it for me. So, 4ucking daydreaming then?!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:55 pm

A sad little tale that makes me wonder if a certain Guy Fawkes had a point:

Six months or so ago the wife needed a knee replacement op. Not pleasant and a real strain on us both. Never troubled district nurses or carers after the op, I did all that myself plus cooking and shopping etc till she was able to get about a bit. Went out one night on her crutches and the other knee collpased. Had to carry her home with a neighbour. Second op required. Great.

This was booked for 21 of July and a couple of days before that she got a call to say it was cancelled and moved to 4th of August (tomorrow). Waited all day, case packed for a time for her to go in. I went to the supermarket and got the shopping in for my three four days of solitude apart from Alfie (dog). Quarter past four this aftenoon the call came to say all operations are cancelled due to bed shortage and an excess of trauma cases? They can't even give her a new date right now. I can feel sorry for the hospital staff, even the doctors and surgeons, but do the powers that be up in Bentley Land have any idea of the mental stress patients suffer before they even get into the wolf pit? Right now we're both pretty pxssed off to say the least. It's the wife I really feel for.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:00 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:55 pm

Six months or so ago the wife needed a knee replacement op. Not pleasant and a real strain on us both. Never troubled district nurses or carers after the op, I did all that myself plus cooking and shopping etc till she was able to get about a bit. Went out one night on her crutches and the other knee collpased. Had to carry her home with a neighbour. Second op required. Great.

This was booked for 21 of July and a couple of days before that she got a call to say it was cancelled and moved to 4th of August (tomorrow). Waited all day, case packed for a time for her to go in. I went to the supermarket and got the shopping in for my three four days of solitude apart from Alfie (dog). Quarter past four this aftenoon the call came to say all operations are cancelled due to bed shortage and an excess of trauma cases? They can't even give her a new date right now. I can feel sorry for the hospital staff, even the doctors and surgeons, but do the powers that be up in Bentley Land have any idea of the mental stress patients suffer before they even get into the wolf pit? Right now we're both pretty pxssed off to say the least. It's the wife I really feel for.
You have my deepest sympathy on that, I had a major operation cancelled for two months a couple of days before it was due, it sows the seeds of will it happen again?
There is no spare capacity in the NHS like you would expect, a major disaster aside, most of it is staffing levels.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:11 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:55 pm

Its pretty horrible TD. I've been in similar positions. You get mentally prepared and are all set, then suddenly are told "sorry fella its all off, we'll be in touch".

Don't blame the NHS or their staff though. They work miracles as it is.

Blame this country for continually voting Tory governments who don't give a stuff about the NHS, or its patients and want the whole thing to fail so they can profit from it. Underfunding, stangulating and starving the fabulous NHS is one of the greatest criminal acts of this century.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:13 am

Hoboh wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:00 pm
There is no spare capacity in the NHS like you would expect, a major disaster aside, most of it is staffing levels.
A situation which will be helped enormously by Hoboh and his ilk 'sending the buggers back'. ;)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:24 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:13 am
Hoboh wrote:
A situation which will be helped enormously by Hoboh and his ilk 'sending the buggers back'. ;)
Generalisation there my friend, where on earth have I advocated sending Dr's or trained technicians or fully skilled nurses back?
Low skill, no skill, jobs that some of the moaning out of work Minnie's here could do, if forced off their fat asses, yes I object strongly to importing cleaners, porters, kitchen, laundry staff etc. Mainly extra people who will need to claim certain benefits to survive, have kids who the state will have to support through education, more housing places, pressure on GP's and so on.
Skilled people contribute to the system, unskilled take. :D

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:34 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:24 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:13 am
Hoboh wrote:
Generalisation there my friend, where on earth have I advocated sending Dr's or trained technicians or fully skilled nurses back?
Low skill, no skill, jobs that some of the moaning out of work Minnie's here could do, if forced off their fat asses, yes I object strongly to importing cleaners, porters, kitchen, laundry staff etc. Mainly extra people who will need to claim certain benefits to survive, have kids who the state will have to support through education, more housing places, pressure on GP's and so on.
Skilled people contribute to the system, unskilled take. :D
Yes, I've seen massive queues of Brits wanting those fruit picking jobs and to work in care homes. The vast majority of Johnny Foreigners contribute more than they take out, and certainly more than the generations of wasters on the dole that are born and bred here.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:56 pm

^ for me, that's the challenge for our Govt. We shouldn't be paying benefits to able bodied idlers in Norfolk for example who could be picking the fruit and veg that we currently rely on foreigners to do
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:43 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:56 pm
^ for me, that's the challenge for our Govt. We shouldn't be paying benefits to able bodied idlers in Norfolk for example who could be picking the fruit and veg that we currently rely on foreigners to do
No indeed. Force them to do that work and live in a house of 24 adults. To be paid less than minimum wage subsidised by their "accommodation". Least it solves the issues of all the rural public transport cuts. Won't need to worry about only 1 bus a week when they can share a living room/bedroom with 5 others to be financially worse off than they were previously anyway.

The correct route is to force these "Businesses" to pay a living wage. And pass that cost onto consumers. However, our selfish society will complain about this. Everyone wants sommat for nowt.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:38 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:43 pm

The correct route is to force these "Businesses" to pay a living wage. And pass that cost onto consumers. However, our selfish society will complain about this. Everyone wants sommat for nowt.
Gee, I do wish you'd stop making these wild sweeping statements, Insaney. Who is "everyone" and does it include you, or are you an especially unique example? People who work for a living (or have worked all their lives up to retirement like me) and pay their bills regularly, get just as mightily fed up of supermarket and shop price rises as anyone else because they are a constant fact of life, so just be careful with mixing "our selfish society" and "everyone" with the dodgers, benefit cheats and the bone-idle can't work, won't work in our society. Being retired I get about and around towns probably far more and see far more than you do. I never cease to find it amazing to see the amount of seemingly able-bodied people strolling about, sitting around or just trying to decide between chips, pies or Subway doorstops to scoff next. They are balanced by people who actually do work (of which I assume you are one) in that great "everyone". It's okay being self-righteous and noble on a p.c screen, but get your facts right first, hey? :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:29 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:38 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:43 pm

Gee, I do wish you'd stop making these wild sweeping statements, Insaney. Who is "everyone" and does it include you, or are you an especially unique example? People who work for a living (or have worked all their lives up to retirement like me) and pay their bills regularly, get just as mightily fed up of supermarket and shop price rises as anyone else because they are a constant fact of life, so just be careful with mixing "our selfish society" and "everyone" with the dodgers, benefit cheats and the bone-idle can't work, won't work in our society. Being retired I get about and around towns probably far more and see far more than you do. I never cease to find it amazing to see the amount of seemingly able-bodied people strolling about, sitting around or just trying to decide between chips, pies or Subway doorstops to scoff next. They are balanced by people who actually do work (of which I assume you are one) in that great "everyone". It's okay being self-righteous and noble on a p.c screen, but get your facts right first, hey? :wink:
Well you've just made my point for me perfectly.

You don't want to pay more for your goods. But you also don't want cheap migrant labour taking sub minimum wage jobs that generally our own populous CANNOT take. If we were as a society prepared to subsidise (in a variety of ways) a proper living wage and proper public transport and infrastructure the argument about "laziness" may be more relevant. However, instead what we've got is sections of society left to rot.

You want your cake and to eat it.

You probably voted Tory too. Probably a daily mail reader. Certainly seem it from your incredibly judgmental comments there.

Walking round a town making judgement. You're from the most privileged generation in history, when compared to the previous generation's prosperity. You also have the most favourable retirement and pension arrangements ever....something future generations will not have, and will suffer for. Those conditions allow you to "mooch around town". We'll all be still working at your age. Or dead. Remember that.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:04 pm

Today my best friends 42yr old son was killed in Bolton. Its been a traumatic day. Two kids left without their dad, two parents lose their only son. And now, some 12hrs later, I find that some absolute disgusting c*nt filmed him whilst he was in his car dying immediately after the collision and the footage is doing the rounds on local social media. I am sickened like I have never been sickened before. If the parents get to see this it will destroy them. If I find the culprit.....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:07 pm

clapton is god wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:04 pm
Today my best friends 42yr old son was killed in Bolton. Its been a traumatic day. Two kids left without their dad, two parents lose their only son. And now, some 12hrs later, I find that some absolute disgusting c*nt filmed him whilst he was in his car dying immediately after the collision and the footage is doing the rounds on local social media. I am sickened like I have never been sickened before. If the parents get to see this it will destroy them. If I find the culprit.....
Every right to be angry Clappers. My thoughts are with you and your best friends.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:14 pm

^^
Oh dear, dear.....Judgemental, is it Insaney ? Just for fun, here's a little case-history for you to chew over, just to put the records straight:

Subject, Tangodancer. Born September,1939,the month World War II started, so that makes me 78 next month, and spent the first six years of life during wartime diving in and out of air-raid shelters and wearing those evil rubber tasting gas masks (Oh, we did have the consolation and reward of street parties when the war ended) . Rather tough on families in two-up, two down chimney-pot land on Halliwell, it was, ration books and all that, oh, Tories? Staunch Labour supporters always us,who didn't get morning papers due to cost. Bolton Evening News and the Green Final and Buff on Saturdays. Occasionally got The People, or News of the World on Sundays along with The Catholic Times for my dad, after the war ended of course.( Confession, I got The Champion comic once a week for going errands)

I left Bolton Tech at sixteen voluntarily because I needed to work and bring some money home. I retired at 70 ,still paying tax, on nothing but a state pension after working all my life. After 17 years at my last place I took voluntary redundancey and got eight grand. I was on the grand sum of £16,400 per year, on leaving, ( try pension-potting out of that) don't own a car, haven't since I retired and travel by bus to "mooch around" as you call it, ( I call it shopping by the way) and what the fxxx have fair prices in shops and supermarkets got to do with immigrants picking fruit? Unlike you, I can't afford a season ticket to football yet despite all I'm just one of many in the same boat and I'm not complaining. Fact is, I love life as it is. I live opposite the flower estate in Farnworth with Polish, Hungarian and Asian neighbours a plenty.(I've also lived on two housing estates in Westhoughton and Farnworth so I'm no stranger to the seamy side) I hope I don't die too soon as I can't quite afford it right now. My mother worked in a cotton mill and spent the last twenty years of her life suffering a succession of nervous breakdowns. My dad? Well, not overly educated due to spending his first 18 years on a smallholding in Ireland digging peat etc, he died at 52 from a combination of the war and working himself stupid as a labourer on tuppence half-penny a week. He never owned so much as a push bike in his too-short life, didn't drink and spent his summer holidays hay-making to make a few extra bob. Not the happiest of lives, either of them. High Society us..not!

I do have a bus pass, but having worked all that time, well, I wasn't going to send it back was I, and I still paid reduced train fares, not free ones, to work after turning sixty five along with a further five years income tax and they still charge me 50p now to take my little dog on the bus. £1 if it's a Blue Bus) .We have just one half-hourly bus into Farnworth by the by,thanks to our town council's caring-sharing policy. It's easier to get to Bolton than Farnworth, and I live there.

I swear to the truth of all this on my night school City and Guilds Buchanan Book Prize, ( I still have it) gained after working five years on apprentice wages and attending day and night school ( in our own time and transport cost etc) and hope it is helpful when analysing any future folk with the audacity to question your sweeping, and er, rather "judgemental" statements .. Cheerio. :wink:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:12 pm

There's undoubtedly lots that businesses can and should do and I see countless examples, daily , of people trying their hardest and struggling against an increasingly mean spirited and punitive benefits system. That doesn't excuse the able bodied work dodgers, of which I also see quite a lot of. That in urban towns we have to bus in immigrants to pick fruit, pack sandwiches etc when that same town centre has unemployed yoofs being paid benefits to do nowt is crackers imo
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:45 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:29 pm

You probably voted Tory too. Probably a daily mail reader. Certainly seem it from your incredibly judgmental comments there.
Says Insane, in a moment of incredible judgement passing. :roll: