Trotters away to the Tigers (Fri night 25/08/17)

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Trotters away to the Tigers (Fri night 25/08/17)

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:48 pm

Cullen isnt what we needed. Unlike eveey other club we cant afford to waste squad places.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:49 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:47 pm
Well, that was heartening was it not? The club needs a big shakedown from the top downwards. The financial situation and embargo must be having some effect on the lads. They can all read and the media seem to be only too happy to keep dragging it up. We need a win and I really thouight tonight might be it. I can only hear things, but what's with all the passing that results in no end product? Surely tell Alf, Madine and Armsrong to shoot on sight or bang the ball into the box at least. We haven't the werewithall to do much else right now it seems till we get Vela and Sammi back in the midsection.
The effect of the embargo is we can't afford players of suitable quality to compete in this league.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:50 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:34 pm
Hull are a fcking shower of a poorly run club as well btw...they may end up like us in A few years. This is a very bad result i think!
Thing is, nobody told them tonight. They didn't sound like it and banging four past us, well, what does that make us then?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:59 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:50 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:34 pm
Hull are a fcking shower of a poorly run club as well btw...they may end up like us in A few years. This is a very bad result i think!
Thing is, nobody told them tonight. They didn't sound like it and banging four past us, well, what does that make us then?
Anyone with a bit if pace would have Tango. Hull didn't have to be good. Their no. 7 was superb but apart from that we handed it them on a plate. It was scary to see how inadequate our players looked throughout the team.
Worse though was the lack of fight. Say what you will about Spearing, we miss him massively.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:59 pm

A fcking disaster tango.

You can dick about in league one but the championship is essentially Gartsides Premier League 2 now with all the money in it. We look like a set of amateurs who won a raffle to play here.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:00 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:49 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Well, that was heartening was it not? The club needs a big shakedown from the top downwards. The financial situation and embargo must be having some effect on the lads. They can all read and the media seem to be only too happy to keep dragging it up. We need a win and I really thouight tonight might be it. I can only hear things, but what's with all the passing that results in no end product? Surely tell Alf, Madine and Armsrong to shoot on sight or bang the ball into the box at least. We haven't the werewithall to do much else right now it seems till we get Vela and Sammi back in the midsection.
The effect of the embargo is we can't afford players of suitable quality to compete in this league.
So BWFCI where is this money for better quality players going to come from when / if we ever get out of the embargo - the embargo is irrelevant until we get a rich owner who can throw / is willing to throw £M's at it, in reality just coming out of the embargo won't make any difference whilst KA is at the helm as he just doesn't have the money for £M transfers - unless he has a rich backer lined up, which to be honest is doubtful (this is not being critical of KA btw)

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:11 pm

I thought that last season PT. I don't see how we'd have signed anyone different without the embargo without a pot to piss in.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:12 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:00 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:49 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
So BWFCI where is this money for better quality players going to come from when / if we ever get out of the embargo - the embargo is irrelevant until we get a rich owner who can throw / is willing to throw £M's at it, in reality just coming out of the embargo won't make any difference whilst KA is at the helm as he just doesn't have the money for £M transfers - unless he has a rich backer lined up, which to be honest is doubtful (this is not being critical of KA btw)
Under embargo rules we can sign players to a maximum of £4.5K a week. As we have a full squad of 23 we can't sign anyone until someone goes. When Chris Taylor does go we are restricted to the incoming replacement costing no more than 60% of Taylor's wages, to a maximum of £4.5K.

If we can't afford more than that out of embargo then yes we are truly fecked.

One might note that £4.5K a week is under the £6K per week average Burton paid their players two years ago to be promoted from league one.

The idea we can compete in a league with clubs paying 5 times that much without even drawing breath, is fairly far fatched. I think without embargo at least we could have a full squad.

Put our best 11 out week in week out and we might compete but under strength as we are, and no chance.

Anyhow, at least you've seen Buckley isn't the answer. We need to scrap our way in this league. Need some proper defensive midfield players. Trying to attack teams is not going to get us anything other than more hiding like tonight.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:12 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:11 pm
I thought that last season PT. I don't see how we'd have signed anyone different without the embargo without a pot to piss in.
Under last seasons rules it wouldn't be as bad. Squad was allowed to be larger and wages more than doubled,

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:23 pm

BWFCI I'm on about the quality players that can make a difference i.e. of a suitable quality to compete in this league.

These quality players cost £M's not just an extra few grand a week on free transfers - I take on board the point about the 23 man max squad under the embargo, but we'd just bring in more of the same.

We need serious investment to complete at the top end at this level, perhaps someone with £20M-£30M to invest which just isn't going to happen, but I still think our current squad with a decent switched on tactically astute manager should be capable of competing with the likes of Burton, Bristol City, Millwall, Preston, Brentford etc....unfortunately I think that League 1 is Parkinson's level.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:28 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:23 pm
BWFCI I'm on about the quality players that can make a difference i.e. of a suitable quality to compete in this league.

These quality players cost £M's not just an extra few grand a week on free transfers - I take on board the point about the 23 man max squad under the embargo, but we'd just bring in more of the same.

We need serious investment to complete at the top end at this level, perhaps someone with £20M-£30M to invest which just isn't going to happen, but I still think our current squad with a decent switched on tactically astute manager should be capable of competing with the likes of Burton, Bristol City, Millwall, Preston, Brentford etc....unfortunately I think that League 1 is Parkinson's level.
Those teams you name aren't restricted to signing players on league 2 wages. We've just signed a lad who Bristol City we're keeping around as a mascot. Let that sink in. He's costing about a grand a week.

The current squad isn't good enough, nor strong enough. It's sad to acknowledge it, but it has always been a worry. I think without the embargo change we might have had half a chance, but once that changed...our only hope was removing it. Ken can't even afford to buy the rest of the shares...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:36 pm

Cant be many teams who start a season in a higher division with a weaker squad but we've managed it I think!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:39 pm

Karacans in a protective cast as well. Its fcking ace beinga bolton fan!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:44 pm

jonnybwfc wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:09 pm
If Derik is the answer, what on earth is the question ?
Who is, by far and away, the worst player we've ever signed from Real Madrid?

And I include the pissed-up manslaughterer.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:49 pm

Hopefully that's the death of this bollocks back three. We'll look miles better one that goes.

I get why we played it last year, but for a bloke supposedly switched on defensively he's lost the decking plot with it this.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:59 pm

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... 4-0-bolton

Genuinely embarrassing

They might want to look into canning both those west ham lads off. At least when its our players it is our shit!

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:07 am

Sorry to say this but we were dreadful. We look very slow and weak in this Division so far and totally outclassed in an embarrassing manner. Taylor and Cullen have no idea how to pass the ball forward; we are playing a man short when Pratley is on the field; the forwards are isolated; the defenders burnt for pace and without protection. Playing a system which requires Wing Backs and we dont play the wing backs that we have (Robinson and Little).

What is our strength? It used to be our defense. Now, it appears we have none. We need better players in before next Thursday or its going to be a long heartbreaking season for us.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:14 am

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:07 am

What is our strength? It used to be our defense. Now, it appears we have none. We need better players in before next Thursday or its going to be a long heartbreaking season for us.
We have no strengths. And I think the players have now realised it. And while dodgy Ken plays poker for personal gain we're going to get relegated by a fcuking mile.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:43 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:29 pm
How the fck did i miss this thread? Apologies
Well, it started out in the Match Preview section, which I felt sorrow for as it didn't have a single thread in there. Somebody ( Tango/Crazy/ DJBlue?) moved it sometime last night and hey presto it's a match thread not a preview!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:47 am

Oh, and by the way, I got Hull's lineup 100% correct three days before the match! 8)

Unfortunately I got the result (though not the score) right too. :|
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください