The Promotion Commotion Transfer Thread 2017

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: The Promotion Commotion Transfer Thread 2017

Post by Dr Hotdog » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:51 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:03 pm
Joey O'B playing for the U23's against Bristol City tonight. Interesting.
He played the first half and was taken off at half-time. He'd bring welcome versatility if he was fit and still had the legs. He was never the quickest but always commited in the tackle.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:44 am

As reported on the Ken thread, Marc Iles has run some extensive and illuminating quotes from PP about potential hires.
There are players out of contract who are looking for offers and we’re going through that list and speaking to a few of them. We only want to bring someone in who’ll improve us – I know that is an obvious statement to make – but we've got a lot of games coming up so it might not be a bad thing to have a couple of extra bodies around if we can.

We have had players in on trial and been looking around but there’s only a very small group in that pot and a lot of them haven’t done any training at all. We've got to weigh it up; If I bring someone in and it takes three or four weeks to get them fit, by then we’ll have Josh Vela back and you’d have to question whether it is actually worth it. It has got to be someone who’s right.

There will be one or two with us over the next few days. There are two types of player out there – ones who have just not had an offer, and ones who want £20-25,000 a week who are completely out of our price bracket but they are holding out for that kind of offer. We will keep searching for the right ones. We have had players in – some fans have heard about in the press, some they haven’t – and we’ll continue to do that.

The staff are determined to get going in the league, starting Saturday against Brentford. If I thought we were miles off I’d say so. I wouldn’t try and paper over the cracks. But I genuinely think there’s enough quality in this team to push on.
Iles writes that BWFC have "passed on the opportunity" to sign Baptista, but Joey O'Brien "looks a good bet to earn a permanent contract" and there are "some new faces expected at the training ground this morning".

Marc tweeted the quote about Vela a couple of days ago, so I'm really not sure what all that "we can't sign anyone" was about. I didn't hear the Facebook Live so it may have been a half-baked idea, or perhaps incompletely relayed. This is exactly why I went into the print medium... :D

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:24 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:44 am
As reported on the Ken thread, Marc Iles has run some extensive and illuminating quotes from PP about potential hires.
There are players out of contract who are looking for offers and we’re going through that list and speaking to a few of them. We only want to bring someone in who’ll improve us – I know that is an obvious statement to make – but we've got a lot of games coming up so it might not be a bad thing to have a couple of extra bodies around if we can.

We have had players in on trial and been looking around but there’s only a very small group in that pot and a lot of them haven’t done any training at all. We've got to weigh it up; If I bring someone in and it takes three or four weeks to get them fit, by then we’ll have Josh Vela back and you’d have to question whether it is actually worth it. It has got to be someone who’s right.

There will be one or two with us over the next few days. There are two types of player out there – ones who have just not had an offer, and ones who want £20-25,000 a week who are completely out of our price bracket but they are holding out for that kind of offer. We will keep searching for the right ones. We have had players in – some fans have heard about in the press, some they haven’t – and we’ll continue to do that.

The staff are determined to get going in the league, starting Saturday against Brentford. If I thought we were miles off I’d say so. I wouldn’t try and paper over the cracks. But I genuinely think there’s enough quality in this team to push on.
Iles writes that BWFC have "passed on the opportunity" to sign Baptista, but Joey O'Brien "looks a good bet to earn a permanent contract" and there are "some new faces expected at the training ground this morning".

Marc tweeted the quote about Vela a couple of days ago, so I'm really not sure what all that "we can't sign anyone" was about. I didn't hear the Facebook Live so it may have been a half-baked idea, or perhaps incompletely relayed. This is exactly why I went into the print medium... :D
The key bit is Marc saying "any new signing would still require EFL ratification".

Not sure what is going on but on Facebook Iles was asked if the rumour on embargo not fully lifted was true. His answer was along the lines of "league and club won't clarify, understand some conditions in place.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:58 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:24 am
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:44 am
I didn't hear the Facebook Live so it may have been a half-baked idea, or perhaps incompletely relayed. This is exactly why I went into the print medium... :D
The key bit is Marc saying "any new signing would still require EFL ratification".

Not sure what is going on but on Facebook Iles was asked if the rumour on embargo not fully lifted was true. His answer was along the lines of "league and club won't clarify, understand some conditions in place.
Which of course becomes ILES SAYS WE'RE STILL IN EMBARGO then when we sign someone with league permission ILES DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:26 pm

Parky confirms he won't be back in for Spearing, because we need an attacking midfielder instead.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... _Spearing/
We had Jem Karacan, Josh Cullen and Derik Osede who are all that type of player and it’s difficult to bring another one in which will just replicate it. Any money we have got, we felt we needed to bring something different into the team. It’s like when Josh Vela is out it’s difficult to find a replacement and we have been searching high and low for a player of that ilk. With what went on over the summer, what Jay was looking for didn’t fit in with the Football League and we had to look at players who would.
In unrelated news, Joey O'Brien played for the U23s again this lunchtime.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:23 pm

Has Lewis McGugan's name been mentioned anywhere yet? Was looking through the unattached list before and his was the only name that really stood out. 1 in 5 across nearly 300 games (mostly at this level) is genuinely prolific compared to our boys.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:25 pm

He's signed 3 fckin attacking midfielders already this summer...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:31 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:25 pm
He's signed 3 fckin attacking midfielders already this summer...
Trouble is, we don't seem to be attacking much from anywhere. We got sliced apart against Ham several times by opposition attackers working in tandem, and their first goal was predictable; send a cross goalwards and have a couple of big lads motor in from outside the box. Works every time against static defenders. When we go forward whoever gets the ball is looking for support that's far away. I only go off comentary, highlights and the odd match report, but we seem to get pushed back and penned in our half chasing shadows half the time. We still follow the stand-off dictum rather than hassling opposition players. Beat one of our defenders and you're away and running, whilst taking on one of theirs (anybody we play) just has us attacked by a couple more. We surely need to be a bit more savage than we seem right now. Madine will have a go, but he's a typical target for referees who still think Kevin Davies plays for us.(Oh, that he did; nobody is afraid of us any more) Stop throwing custard pies at defences and start hitting em with some muscle and in numbers occasionally. We do more back stepping than Ginger Rogers, and Pratley, despite his size, is back-pass king. How many of our attacks in the last couple of seasons has seen the ball finished up with out keeper? If we're playing containing and damage limitation, lets do it after we score, not before.....er, Come on you Whites.... ae:) ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:29 am

Is Veluso or what ever his name was not available? :conf:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:21 am

Hoboh wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:29 am
Nope, but if we can get Vaz Te in it'll be his season :)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:28 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:21 am
Hoboh wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:29 am
Nope, but if we can get Vaz Te in it'll be his season :)
What's Van Persie up to? :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:27 pm

Lest anyone suspected cloaks and daggers: Jay Spearing has signed for Blackpool until the summer.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... he_season/

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:39 pm

Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:27 pm
Lest anyone suspected cloaks and daggers: Jay Spearing has signed for Blackpool until the summer.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... he_season/
He must be pretty miffed with his agent. Couldn't find him a club willing to keep him in the style to which he's become accustomed, so goes to the one club that won't do deals with agents.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:17 pm

Joey-oey-oey O'Brien no longer training with us, Marc Iles "understands". Doing more rehab work before seeking gainful employ.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... ial_spell/

Oh and while we're at it, we passed on yon former Watford striker earlier this week, too.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... Wanderers/

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:58 pm

Fair play. Last thing we need is another body for the treatment room.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:21 pm

What used to be the Daily Mirror is claiming that West Ham may have to sell some younger players (like Reece Oxford, Declan Rice and, notably, Josh Cullen nd Reece Burke) to free up January funds for their unfathomable new managerial appointment David Moyes.

Reminder that due to the embargo, all four loans (those two plus Arma and Antonee) elapse in January. The clubs can extend if they agree to, and I can't see that being a problem for the two left-siders, but it was already questionable whether the sidelined Hammers pair would stay, and if there's any hint of this being true then it seems doubtful.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:57 pm

More than happy to see the pair of them to head back and free up two places.
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:05 pm

Agree with Bruce

I'd keep Armstrong and Robinson and let the others go
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:27 pm

Agree
Fcuk the clowns off and keep the two that are trying.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:06 pm

If the Football Spy hasn't been able to deduce that the only impression made by Cullen and Burke recently is that of their arses onto the rather plush seats of our dugout, then I might humbly propose that he or she drops the pretence pronto.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'