Parky to avoid seeing red and chop down the tricky trees? Notts Forest v BWFC 9/12/2007

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Parky to avoid seeing red and chop down the tricky trees? Notts Forest v BWFC 9/12/2007

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:51 pm

I'm still here as 4 mins announced. Wallop and more wallop now. At least get another goal because the score surely doesn't reflect the game. Stop mithering mic man and commentate. In and......Madine and.....we get a second....3-2... :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: Parky to avoid seeing red and chop down the tricky trees? Notts Forest v BWFC 9/12/2007

Post by DJBlu » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:52 pm

hmmmm 3-2.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:54 pm

Not holding my breath.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:55 pm

Ben sails one forth...and.....they have it but we recover and......and....we're in the box but it's a throw and......and....hacked clear. Ben sends it back and.....the keeper grabs it and knits a pullover before clearing. And.....and....a throw and..and....and................and............in it goes and........we get a free kick around halfway. Ben now and......and.....and....the whistle goal......What a fiasco. 3-2 them thanks to us.... :cry:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:59 pm

How we only scored 2 with Matt Mills at the back is beyond me.
Wait till you see the Vela header. Reckon it would have been a different outcome.
Thankfully no one below us won so not all bad.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:04 pm

We only got two because Forest sat back and metaphorically had a fag or two...
We really don't have a plan. It's like when I was a kid and we just charged forward. Wildly. If we could even get the ball.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:22 pm

Got back to car to find some moronic cxnt has completely bent my windscreen wipers off. Thanks tosspots.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:58 pm

Another away another defeat. One day we will
Win away in the championship. Might help us stay up n that. Maybe.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:24 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:22 pm
Got back to car to find some moronic cxnt has completely bent my windscreen wipers off. Thanks tosspots.
I hate nice people from Nottingham. It's the world's most inessential city. I mean, Raleigh, Boots, and Thomas fxcking Cook. The universe would be a better place without the fxckers. The only thing Nottingham has given to civilisation is the Juventas strip. Cxnts.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:38 pm

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, LLS. If it’s any consolation, Ken isn’t happy either:
https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2017/decemb ... chairman4/
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:15 pm

He also seems to be hoping Blackburn, Wigan and Rotherham get relegated again...

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:15 pm

Has it been highlighted or does it go without saying just what a calamitous, monumental, abhorrent fecking brain-fart our collective defence had for their second. I'm not sure who is more at fault, the keeper or Little. Anyone got an opinion or are we past caring?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:04 am

Dr Hotdog wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:15 pm
Has it been highlighted or does it go without saying just what a calamitous, monumental, abhorrent fecking brain-fart our collective defence had for their second. I'm not sure who is more at fault, the keeper or Little. Anyone got an opinion or are we past caring?
My first thought on seeing it was the apparently complete absence of communication. It might seem almost pointlessly reflexive and amateurish to shout "TIIIIME!" to your mate while he's tracking a falling ball, but without communication teams fall apart. (In this respect, I wonder whether Wheater would have helpfully hollered?) In hindsight, Little arguably had time to look around anyway and he's certainly not absent of blame for a very poor header, but my reaction as coach and fan was: you've got four mates stood round you, why did not a single pair of lips move?

As for whether we're past caring, it's an interesting question. There have been times over the past couple of years where there's been little forum action before or after certain games. This one always felt like the pause between two huge home games which are minimum-expectation must-wins.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:03 pm

I've come to the conclusion it is mostly Alnwick's fault (not that anyone will give a hoot). Those long-ish things that extend from his shoulders give him a head-start in The Race To Meet The Ball At Its Highest Point. He f*ucked that up right good and proper by not even bothering, or doing anything, really.

Pick the ball out of the net, roll it back to the half-way line and buck up son.

Nice to see Buckley getting a run of starts. How far off completing 90 minutes is he? When Armstrong goes back to Toon next month we aren't forced to play him any more, is that how the loans work... (obviously, i'm being obtuse).

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:57 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:03 pm
I've come to the conclusion it is mostly Alnwick's fault (not that anyone will give a hoot). Those long-ish things that extend from his shoulders give him a head-start in The Race To Meet The Ball At Its Highest Point. He f*ucked that up right good and proper by not even bothering, or doing anything, really.

Pick the ball out of the net, roll it back to the half-way line and buck up son.

Nice to see Buckley getting a run of starts. How far off completing 90 minutes is he? When Armstrong goes back to Toon next month we aren't forced to play him any more, is that how the loans work... (obviously, i'm being obtuse).
Parky has denied any obligation to play any of the loanees, all of whose loans are up in January. I'd expect Jedi to stay, Cullen to go home but us to ask for a bit more Burke, while Arma's in the balance - guess it depends whether he and/or we think there's better options out there.

I'm still of the opinion that none of the front four should expect to finish the game, because we need to rotate them with fresh legs (Noone, Morais, Arma, ALF, WIlbraham, whoever) in order to keep the pressing high and try to stem our awful form in the final 15 minutes.

An update on that, by the way: It's now 14 conceded, 2 scored - one of them an own-goal, both of them pointless grace-goals merely reducing the arrears in injury-time of defeats. In fact, that got me checking our latest-in-the-game league goals that actually mattered, ie materially affected the result.

From what I can see, you could count Henry's 67th-minute goal at Sunderland, although they equalised; or the Postman's 62nd-minute leveller at Millwall, which did earn us a point (from behind at a poor team). Our latest 'winner' was Wednesday player Hutchison's OG for us in the 61st minute (and we still let them halve the deficit).

In other words, we rarely score meaningful goals in the last half-hour, and considering we've only scored one from 46-60 minutes - Madine on the hour at Sunderland - we're pretty much a spent force by half-time.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:13 pm

Sick of being unlucky, or almost there, away from home. It's about time mentalities changed and we started picking up some wins on the road
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:24 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:13 pm
Sick of being unlucky, or almost there, away from home. It's about time mentalities changed and we started picking up some wins on the road
First mentality we need away is....keep a clean sheet at all costs.

If we do that we'll pick up points. Concede 2 or more every game and you're in trouble.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:32 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:57 pm
Dr Hotdog wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:03 pm

Parky has denied any obligation to play any of the loanees, all of whose loans are up in January. I'd expect Jedi to stay, Cullen to go home but us to ask for a bit more Burke, while Arma's in the balance - guess it depends whether he and/or we think there's better options out there.

I'm still of the opinion that none of the front four should expect to finish the game, because we need to rotate them with fresh legs (Noone, Morais, Arma, ALF, WIlbraham, whoever) in order to keep the pressing high and try to stem our awful form in the final 15 minutes.

An update on that, by the way: It's now 14 conceded, 2 scored - one of them an own-goal, both of them pointless grace-goals merely reducing the arrears in injury-time of defeats. In fact, that got me checking our latest-in-the-game league goals that actually mattered, ie materially affected the result.

From what I can see, you could count Henry's 67th-minute goal at Sunderland, although they equalised; or the Postman's 62nd-minute leveller at Millwall, which did earn us a point (from behind at a poor team). Our latest 'winner' was Wednesday player Hutchison's OG for us in the 61st minute (and we still let them halve the deficit).

In other words, we rarely score meaningful goals in the last half-hour, and considering we've only scored one from 46-60 minutes - Madine on the hour at Sunderland - we're pretty much a spent force by half-time.
Alright leave it out, it is Monday after all!!!! :hang:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:43 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:32 pm
Alright leave it out, it is Monday after all!!!! :hang:
:D

Turning that frown upside-down, we're 15th in the half-time table (intriguingly, Birmingham are 14th) and Burton are bottom - they haven't won a single first half this season, have conceded first in 71% of their games, and in the last 12 have W1 D2 L9 F7 A25. A win on Saturday would put us five points clear of them.

Oh and meanwhile at Birmingham, Steve Cotterill sounds like he's having fun. See the following press conference transcript for an uncomfortable scene to knock Klopp's "Hands up" into a cocked hat.
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f ... t-14018107

In case you're wondering why he's such a barrel of laughs, here's their results since he replaced Arry, charitably avoiding the 6-1 defeat at Hull which was after he'd been announced but before he officially started:

W 1-0 H Cardiff
L 0-2 A Millwall
D 0-0 H Villa
L 0-2 H Brentford
L 0-2 A Barnsley
W 1-0 H Forest
L 0-2 A Boro
D 1-1 A Sheffield Utd
L 0-1 H Wolves
L 0-1 A Fulham

That's P10 W2 D2 L6 F3 A11 Pts 8. In his five away games, they’ve scored once, and on Saturday at Fulham, they blazed a penalty over.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:32 pm

Highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHQQ2V1nG1s

I think this game highlighted the problems with our defence. First goal, weak defending by Robinson allows them to cross into the box which their striker gets to first. Second goal, lack of communication and a bad mistake. Third goal, done for pace/anticipation in a similar fashion to a number of other goals conceded this season. We concede all types of goals and make some individual mistakes too. I wish I knew what the answer was, but surely it is time Beevers was dropped, given he has been there throughout this season and himself responsible for some individual mistakes? Dervite and Derik must be wondering how they can't get a game in this defence!!