General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:56 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:50 pm
^ My spreadsheet is better. It's totting up my pennies against the quantity required to return to Blighty permanently. Not long now :D
I've added a little graphic that plots the conical cross section of the theoretical dogshit mountain (if collected as a cone) from a perfect circle today until after incremental rotations of 0.06460875807609 degrees each day it will show a perfect triangle on the day I retire... Beat that AT. 8)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:15 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:56 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:50 pm
^ My spreadsheet is better. It's totting up my pennies against the quantity required to return to Blighty permanently. Not long now :D
I've added a little graphic that plots the conical cross section of the theoretical dogshit mountain (if collected as a cone) from a perfect circle today until after incremental rotations of 0.06460875807609 degrees each day it will show a perfect triangle on the day I retire... Beat that AT. 8)
I'll be leaving the desert well before you retire...priceless :mrgreen:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:01 pm

If you had a diagram of the Earth the size of a pea, and Jupiter the size of a tennis ball, and then scaled up by a magnitude so that Jupiter was the size of a pea and the Sun was the size of a tennis ball, have a guess how many scalars you'd have to go through from the size of a quark through to the size of the visible horizon of the universe we can see at present.

Here's a clue, think about this: taking the size of a tree for example and scaling up at the same proportion, it takes a mere ten iterations to get from an acorn to the sun. Just to get from a quark to to an acorn would take you longer than you can possibly live to number those iterations if you counted them out one by one. From the size of the Sun to the visible boundary of the universe is a larger count by a billion billion times that. Are you feeling quite insignificant? I am.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:39 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/o ... li=BBoPWjQ

Oh, don't suppose there is a chance it might go Pete Tong and she actually gets a custodial sentence is there?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:29 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:39 pm

Oh, don't suppose there is a chance it might go Pete Tong and she actually gets a custodial sentence is there?
I'd applaud a custodial sentence now she's appealed against a non-custodial sentence - she did, after all, stab him.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:30 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:29 pm
Hoboh wrote:

I'd applaud a custodial sentence now she's appealed against a non-custodial sentence - she did, after all, stab him.
Someone is going to have to explain to me, why she is appealing.....I cannot fathom that. Appealing the sentence? Why?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:33 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:30 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Someone is going to have to explain to me, why she is appealing.....I cannot fathom that. Appealing the sentence? Why?
Because she thinks she's privileged and shouldn't have such a chav thing as a criminal record? Best I can come up with.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:52 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:33 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:30 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Because she thinks she's privileged and shouldn't have such a chav thing as a criminal record? Best I can come up with.
She's not appealing the verdict though, but the sentence...she will still have the same criminal record.

Appealing the suspended sentence to me sounds like she's worried she might stab someone again.....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:02 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:52 pm

She's not appealing the verdict though, but the sentence...she will still have the same criminal record.
Appealing the suspended sentence to me sounds like she's worried she might stab someone again.....
The suspended sentence won't just apply to stabbing somebody with a kitchen knife twelve inches long costing four quid and bought at Aldi or somewhere whilst under the influence of Vodka. In other words, there are no terms and conditions; It means that she has a criminal record suspended sentence already in the locker if she gets involved in a pub/club/domestic shindig anywhere and goes to court for it. A bit like points on your driving licence with extreme malice. She's probably appealing it so it can't count against at all.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:14 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:02 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

The suspended sentence won't just apply to stabbing somebody with a kitchen knife twelve inches long costing four quid and bought at Aldi or somewhere whilst under the influence of Vodka. In other words, there are no terms and conditions; It means that she has a criminal record suspended sentence already in the locker if she gets involved in a pub/club/domestic shindig anywhere and goes to court for it. A bit like points on your driving licence with extreme malice. She's probably appealing it so it can't count against at all.
I was being a bit facetious but yes. General opinion though was she was let off fairly lightly, and therefore would you not just keep your head down and see it through?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:19 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:14 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:02 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I was being a bit facetious but yes. General opinion though was she was let off fairly lightly, and therefore would you not just keep your head down and see it through?
"fairly lightly"?

Good Lord had that been a bloke off a council estate with a comprehensive education, he would have had more than his fill of porridge by now!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:21 am

I know this is beneath you high brow forum dwellers but hats off to the Toff for proving not all young females are bitchy breakdowns waiting to happen, never once required a 'safe space'.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:15 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:21 am
I know this is beneath you high brow forum dwellers but hats off to the Toff for proving not all young females are bitchy breakdowns waiting to happen, never once required a 'safe space'.
Did that really need proving?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:04 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:21 am
You're celebrating the product of two reality TV shows as being a role model for young people to aspire to? Doesn't that seem a contradiction. Isn't the reality TV culture, very much responsible for shaping a society where SUPPOSEDLY (and according to you) young people (see snowflakes) think they are owed something?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:52 pm

Sorry, I haven't a bloody clue as to what it is that's being discussed here. Anyone? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:04 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:52 pm
Sorry, I haven't a bloody clue as to what it is that's being discussed here. Anyone? :conf:
Ha. Hoboh has been watching a reality TV show where a winner was a young woman who also happens to be famous, and consequently on said reality show, for being on another reality show.

I haven't watched either show but I'm down enough with the kids to know, who and what he's on about (also have a wife who insists on telling me all about it).

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:07 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
I'm glad I wasn't the only one.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:22 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:04 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Ha. Hoboh has been watching a reality TV show where a winner was a young woman who also happens to be famous, and consequently on said reality show, for being on another reality show.

I haven't watched either show but I'm down enough with the kids to know, who and what he's on about (also have a wife who insists on telling me all about it).
You is wiv da kidz :D Is this this jungle business? I know that Amir Khan's been in it but that's as much as I know.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:37 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:22 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:04 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:

You is wiv da kidz :D Is this this jungle business? I know that Amir Khan's been in it but that's as much as I know.
Yep, the "jungle".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:38 pm

I've not a fecking clue. I thought he was on about Lavinia Woodward (knifey Oxbridge girl) and became very confused!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.