Cooking up a tasty away day, or Norfolk n chance? Norwich v BWFC 24/2/18 3pm

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Cooking up a tasty away day, or Norfolk n chance? Norwich v BWFC 24/2/18 3pm

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:06 pm

We are back on it again for our fifth game in two weeks on Saturday as we take on Delia Smith's Norwich at Carrow Road.

Norwich are in good form. In their last ten games they have W5 D4 L1, and that includes draws away to high flying Wolves (last night) and Derby, and excellent away wins at Brentford and Bristol City. Indeed throughout the season Norwich have been better away from home, particularly against decent sides with wins earlier in the season at Middlesbrough and Sheffield United. Overall this season, their away record of P17 W7 D4 L6, is marignally better than their home record of P16 W5 D6 L5. This form has been achieved despite a January transfer window where sales were the main order of the day as they try and downsize from their Premiership relegation in 2015/16. Alex Pritchard went to Huddersfield for £12m, whilst experienced striker Cameron Jerome went to Derby for £1.5m, and £7m 2017 JTW signing Yannick Wildschutt went on loan to Cardiff. and £10m Premiership signing Steven Naismith left on loan for Hearts. Some cheaper, less experienced signings, including three from the German 2nd division and Austrian leagues were signed in replacement. Norwich have invested in the German model this season with ex Broussia Dortmund B team manager Daniel Farke installed as head coach.

We are really struggling at the moment with three dire performances in the last three games, although thankfully one of them was a victory against toothless Sunderland. For this game Karl Henry's yellow card fetish (he collected his tenth yellow card in 23 games on Tuesday) means he now serves a two match suspension. A number of players such as Robinson, Walker and Burke should be ready after not playing on Tuesday, whilst Pratley might be ready to come in to the midfield. And it seems we are in talks to sign ex Sunderland defensive midfielder Jan Kirchoff who would be a welcome replacement for Henry. Therefore it is anyone's guess who will line up for us.

All things considered this looks like a defeat but there are glimmers of hope. As stated above Norwich aren't great at home and do struggle to score with only 34 goals in 33 games all season, and only 17 in 16 home games. Also they have drawn at home with Hull, Burton and Barnsley and lost at home to Sunderland already this season. And they tend to falter after difficult midweek games, with their only recent defeat at home to Sheffield United coming on the back of an away FA cup replay at Chelsea, and they also struggled earlier in the season when they got to the fourth round of the Carabao cup and had to play a lot of games in a short space of time. This was when we beat them fairly comfortably at the Macron.

It is going to be hard, we are going to see very little of the ball, we will miss Henry's organizing and general ruthlessness, but I am going for a dogged 0-0. COYW.
Last edited by bristol_Wanderer3 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Cooking up a tasty away day, or Norfolk n chance? Norwich v BWFC 24/2/18 3pm

Post by Prufrock » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:11 pm

Henry is so so vital for us. Think we'll get beat without him. Otherwise nick a lead before an inevitable last minute equaliser
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Cooking up a tasty away day, or Norfolk n chance? Norwich v BWFC 24/2/18 3pm

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:25 pm

With no Henry, looks to me like Pratley will have to come in and add a bit of "teeth" to our midfield (unless Koats-off comes in of course) . We're away with a weakened and out of form side, no Henry, No Vela, no striker (looks like Sammi will get point man spot, maybe with Walker, as Willbraham didn't impress) and a game of Cluedo to pick the rest. I reckon Robinson will come back in and Karajan will be hard to leave out after Tuesday. the rest..???
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:43 pm

Not sure on Robinson, even if he's back fit again. There's no doubt he carries more threat than Taylor, but it literally works both ways: in his 23 starts we've had only four clean sheets. We've had three in Taylor's 12 starts, including two in his last three, and we also hadn't conceded before he went off at Fulham.

Horses for courses and it depends on the system, but for me Clive I'd stick with Taylor to start at Norwich – Robbo on the bench if fit so we can chase if need be.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:35 pm

Can only see a heavy defeat. 0-4 :(
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:45 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:35 pm
Can only see a heavy defeat. 0-4 :(
Disgraceful....take that...:spank:

ae:)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:10 am

We're at a point where I'd almost say don't risk anyone for this game, throw kids in if necessary and protect people for crucial games to come.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:50 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:10 am
We're at a point where I'd almost say don't risk anyone for this game, throw kids in if necessary and protect people for crucial games to come.
All that makes any game crucial is whether you win it or lose it. There's no differentiating about that.

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:21 pm

Its a confidence thing - and our lads must be developing buckets of the stuff - and good luck to em
I'm going for a 2-0 to us..
COYWM :oyea:
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:47 pm

You've outdone yourself Bristols. I've dobbed you in to the Pun Police. I think you're looking at a minimum of five years for 'norfolk in chance'. A minimum...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:49 pm

If we start with Karakarakaracan and the Hoff and the 67 year old and the Zach we'll have a decent chance. If we don't we won't.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:58 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:49 pm
If we start with Karakarakaracan and the Hoff and the 67 year old and the Zach we'll have a decent chance. If we don't we won't.
Hoff won't play yet as he's nowhere near match fit according to Parky.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:07 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:47 pm
You've outdone yourself Bristols. I've dobbed you in to the Pun Police. I think you're looking at a minimum of five years for 'norfolk in chance'. A minimum...
Guilty m'lord :)

I hope you are ready to take over during my incarceration :)

Your Burton effort suggests we should be in safe hands.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:24 pm

2-2. An excellent away point. SammiAmmi and ALF for us.

Played for both clubs - Asa Hartford, David Cross, Hugh Curran, Marc Tierney and Butter somebody a couple of seasons back. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:50 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:24 pm

Played for both clubs - Asa Hartford, David Cross, Hugh Curran, Marc Tierney and Butter somebody a couple of seasons back. :)
Don't forget Johan Elmander

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:50 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:50 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:24 pm

Don't forget Johan Elmander
Well, I HAD, but then you came along.................. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:48 pm

Bit chilly round the nether regions today. Just back from dog walking. All set for a " COME ON YOU WHITES" ... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:56 pm

Tierney was a real shame. I think I was at the game he got injured in, surprisingly.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:01 pm

We're in the famous White shirts, away or no, so that's a plus. Coin tossed and....we're away with the sun behind us. Come on....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:05 pm

They take possesion and sally forth. They come...then retreat, are they trying to make us seasick? Pas, pass....repeat ad infinitum, then a sally and we get a throw. A long one for Alf, they recover it and Reid advances. They come again and a Murphy shot flashes wide.