Reconstruction time again: the summer 2018 transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Reconstruction time again: the summer 2018 transfer thread

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 30, 2018 12:02 pm

Have we heard the one about Sonny Bradley? The Yorkshire Post reports that the "robust" Plymouth defender - 6ft 5in, turns 27 in September, "a key player for Argyle in the past few weeks" – "is keen to return closer to his Hull roots", which has alerted Barnsley, Charlton, Luton, Rangers, Hearts and us. He's out of contract and Plymouth have offered an extension but he doesn't have to sign it.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/f ... -1-9185430

palindromeofbolton
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palindromeofbolton » Wed May 30, 2018 5:46 pm

Just had a quick squint at Twitter to see who/what/why the links to Bradley. Seems like we were in for him (or rumoured to be) two years ago as well.

Reports sound pretty good. Certainly seems to have had plenty of interest from Championship clubs since Hull released him.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Thu May 31, 2018 10:21 am

Still sweating the italics - four or five starters included - and 3 juniors Connor Hall, Harry Brockbank and Alex Perry (Jeff King, Cole Lonsdale and Ryan White all heading elsewhere)

GK: Ben Alnwick, Ben Amos, Jake Turner
RB: Mark Little, Stephen Darby
LB: Andrew Taylor
CB: David Wheater, Mark Beevers
DM:Darren Pratley, Karl Henry
AM: Josh Vela
RW: Sammy Ameobi, Filipe Morais, Craig Noone
LW: Will Buckley
ST: Adam Le Fondre
TS:Aaron Wilbraham

When can we expect announcements on re-signings?
As they come in?
Or are they held back until the player returns from holiday and can stretch the scarf out
What could've happened; did.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Thu May 31, 2018 10:30 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 12:02 pm
Have we heard the one about Sonny Bradley? The Yorkshire Post reports that the "robust" Plymouth defender - 6ft 5in, turns 27 in September, "a key player for Argyle in the past few weeks" – "is keen to return closer to his Hull roots", which has alerted Barnsley, Charlton, Luton, Rangers, Hearts and us. He's out of contract and Plymouth have offered an extension but he doesn't have to sign it.

Hmmm. 27 and played a total of 2 Champship games out of an underwhelming 72 (lower mainly league 2) appearances in six years, 6ft 5in sounds more like a lummox than the dashing playmaker we're looking for . Lummox we got. Does have an innocent baby face - worth its weight in gold if you're a hack merchant.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu May 31, 2018 11:38 am

mullayo wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 10:30 am

Hmmm. 27 and played a total of 2 Champship games out of an underwhelming 72 (lower mainly league 2) appearances in six years, 6ft 5in sounds more like a lummox than the dashing playmaker we're looking for . Lummox we got. Does have an innocent baby face - worth its weight in gold if you're a hack merchant.
https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... ey-1618146

I like the "bit of pace" bit....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonny_Bradley

The 2 in 72 was his Crawley career. Has actually played quite a lot of games. 11 goals in 84 games in the last two seasons for Plymouth. Doesn't look the worst signing on a free, though it will be a big test to set up to the Championship.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:40 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 11:38 am
mullayo wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 10:30 am
Have we heard the one about Sonny Bradley?

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... ey-1618146

I like the "bit of pace" bit....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonny_Bradley

The 2 in 72 was his Crawley career. Has actually played quite a lot of games. 11 goals in 84 games in the last two seasons for Plymouth. Doesn't look the worst signing on a free, though it will be a big test to set up to the Championship.

My bad, I copied the table, didn't realise there was other games elsewhere. 11 goals I like. babyface I like. Free I like. 27 I like. "A bit of pace" I really like... at worst would be a cheaper bench warmer than Dervite... Hmm...
Last edited by mullayo on Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:51 am

MY HEADLINE: Bristol City FIELDING interest from Bolton in their keeper

The 30-year-old former Derby and Blackburn shot-stopper might also be tempted to link up with former team-mates Mark Little and Aaron Wilbraham at the Macron Stadium

Was on LoVS

palindromeofbolton
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palindromeofbolton » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:38 am

Fielding looks like he'd be good competition for Alnwick, but we'd have to pay for him. Given we've got Turner and (theoretically) Amos already on the books, we've Shirley got to be using whatever bit of money from the washing machine sale Ken's kept back for CB/CM/ST.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:41 am

1st June, no retained list, dribs and drabs of news about youth players leaving.

Even by Bolton's recent rather appalling standards this is slow.

Reckon Ken's sunning it up somewhere and little is actually happening. We're going to be behind again.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:24 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:41 am
1st June, no retained list, dribs and drabs of news about youth players leaving.

Even by Bolton's recent rather appalling standards this is slow.

Reckon Ken's sunning it up somewhere and little is actually happening. We're going to be behind again.
Yes. In a summer where we have to make substantial progress, more than any other team in the league, just to be remotely competitive, and with the window ending earlier this year, it would be nice to at least have some news about the retention of the out of contract members of the squad. Last season they announced them individually, so it isn't like they usually wait for everyone to be sorted to announce things. The lack of any announcement at all suggests no one has agreed an extension at this point.

Of course, Ken could always be spending all his time in contact with a billionaire who spends his spare time re-watching JJ Okocha's best BWFC moments, and has been yearning to pile money into the club for years. Planet earth is so dull sometimes...
Last edited by bristol_Wanderer3 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:25 am

Plenty of teams haven't released their list
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

palindromeofbolton
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palindromeofbolton » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:50 am

Nixon half an hour ago:
Bolton. Parkinson will be allowed to offer a decent wage to a new striker. But he will have to be a free. Or a loan.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:48 am

palindromeofbolton wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:50 am
Nixon half an hour ago:
Bolton. Parkinson will be allowed to offer a decent wage to a new striker. But he will have to be a free. Or a loan.
Madine it is, then

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:25 pm

Interesting that we are fishing in the free/loan market. I wonder if Ken is looking to pay off the Blumarble loan? It was meant to be due in September, £4.3m IIRC?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:52 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:25 pm
Interesting that we are fishing in the free/loan market. I wonder if Ken is looking to pay off the Blumarble loan? It was meant to be due in September, £4.3m IIRC?
That should absolutely be the priority in my opinion.

Get that shifted, then work from that.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:20 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:25 am
Plenty of teams haven't released their list
Haven't they? I thought majority had now.

Regardless few only have 9 contracted players having avoided relegation in the final minutes of the season. We can't afford to go in half baked again, so we need the core of the squad signed by the end of this month for pre-season. Having a pre-season and building as you go cost us badly at the start of last season. Players undercooked, gaps not filled, people not tested....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:43 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:52 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:25 pm
That should absolutely be the priority in my opinion.Get that shifted, then work from that.
Only way to go, otherwise, we've learned nothing. Clean slate and build new foundations.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

elhadj
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by elhadj » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:53 pm

today there is a lot of player release from there club like demba ba , atiba hutchinson ,Özyakup , Bifouma. all this name release from turkish club .

i know a lot will say ozyakup big club want him , but we need at least to try .

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:40 pm

Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:48 am
palindromeofbolton wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:50 am
Nixon half an hour ago:
Madine it is, then
:lol: that'll bring some more bums on seats...! ae:)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:48 pm

At a time when craziness is the name of the game and greed and politics (Abramovitch, visas and big money screw ups at Chelsea as prime examples) are affecting what's basically still a game of football between two teams, ie, a sport (term used laughingly), we might just now be in a bit of a priveleged position after all our mountain climbing adventures of the last few years. Pay off our one (seemingly) major loan; five million pounds" get in no debt through buying outrageously over-priced players and paying scandalous agent fees, and keep our wage bills sensible; We might struggle, won't break any pots, but chug along above he danger line and watch the demise of some of the "big-hitters" around us. We're not going to ever become Barcelona, but one day we might be in a position to actually keep decent players and become respected again. What better time to start than when we're level on points with the top of the league? :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?