Reconstruction time again: the summer 2018 transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Reconstruction time again: the summer 2018 transfer thread

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:01 pm

Right now my main concern is K.A taking a stance against his players and making it public. This should be about the club, the team and the fans, not a "My way or the highway" media statement by el supremo. Surely this should be sorted within the club confines and not airing our dirty washing in print and media? Badly done Ken lad. Get it sorted and let P.P worry about the dressing room. Pay the bills if your the boss, that's what bosses do.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:35 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:01 pm
Right now my main concern is K.A taking a stance against his players and making it public. This should be about the club, the team and the fans, not a "My way or the highway" media statement by el supremo. Surely this should be sorted within the club confines and not airing our dirty washing in print and media? Badly done Ken lad. Get it sorted and let P.P worry about the dressing room. Pay the bills if your the boss, that's what bosses do.
TD there is no winner here, its the club & the fans who suffer as usual , but it should have been sorted in house....the players decided to go public not KA

I don't know who the ring leaders are but I have my suspicions - and if they were so concerned by payments, bonuses, wages why did they re sign ?....

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:43 pm

Well well. Went into hospital three days ago to bring my new son into the world and leave to find this daft carry on. Ridiculous.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:44 pm

And if the players involved in the strike don't like it....why not just fcuk off, don't re sign for BWFC, look elsewhere - as I'm sure there were a queue of clubs lining up to sign them - hmmn perhaps not....

I'll say it again it was the players who went public, called the game off, issued a statement, damaged the name / reputation of BWFC....they could have keep it in house, but they decided to go public & challenge the chairman....I'm sure none of them are down to there last £100 in the bank, struggling to find cash for the kids dinner money in the morning.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:46 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:44 pm
And if the players involved in the strike don't like it....why not just fcuk off, don't re sign for BWFC, look elsewhere - as I'm sure there were a queue of clubs lining up to sign them - hmmn perhaps not....

I'll say it again it was the players who went public, called the game off, issued a statement, damaged the name / reputation of BWFC....they could have keep it in house, but they decided to go public & challenge the chairman....I'm sure none of them are down to there last £100 in the bank, struggling to find cash for the kids dinner money in the morning.
They've had this issue before, repeatedly. Assurances were made and it was made clear to Ken previously that the last time was absolutely the last straw. Ken caused this by calling what he seemed to assume was a bluff.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:51 pm

Utter bollocks squire.....you didn't mention this directly so its not connected with your post, but where was this so called team spirit, player togetherness, when they capitulated, couldn't be arsed at Burton away ?

I just wish they would show the same passion on the pitch....tell you what, lets set up a crowd fund to help the poor, destitute fcukers pay their mortgage....player discussion - hey mate, I'm down to my last £2M in the bank, lets strike (I don't care about the 200 or so fans who have travelled, booked hotels etc), because Ken said that he'll only pay our 'just avoided relegation' bonus for being the 4th shittest team in the league on Monday, and I need it today....

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:20 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:51 pm
Utter bollocks squire.....you didn't mention this directly so its not connected with your post, but where was this so called team spirit, player togetherness, when they capitulated, couldn't be arsed at Burton away ?

I just wish they would show the same passion on the pitch....tell you what, lets set up a crowd fund to help the poor, destitute fcukers pay their mortgage....player discussion - hey mate, I'm down to my last £2M in the bank, lets strike (I don't care about the 200 or so fans who have travelled, booked hotels etc), because Ken said that he'll only pay our 'just avoided relegation' bonus for being the 4th shittest team in the league on Monday, and I need it today....
You're off on one, so fair enough. Guarantees were made to the players previously when contracts were not met by the club. Ken then, as he says himself, intentionally ignored contracts this time around. So you have a guy who not only ignored contract terms, but then also ignored guarantees he himself had made following past missed payments.

You may not like the strike, but the cause here lies squarely with the chairman.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:01 pm

mullayo wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:29 pm
https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/33918

Ipswich may be in for Amos if they sell Bialkowski for $3 GBP. Take him but make sure you pay him or you could have a revolt on your hands. That'd be a mill(stone around our necks) off the books. And part of the problem gone...

So pray the big bean-Pole goes to Birmingham, so we can ship our resident dissident straight off to Ipswich.
That would be double-bubble lovely. Not only would we shift our highest earner but Ipswich would lose their triple Player of the Year whose great statistics has kept them above their station for a season at least. Add in Mick Mac leaving and a want-out owner and suddenly there's a whiff of relegation rival.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:31 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:01 pm
mullayo wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:29 pm
https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/33918

Ipswich may be in for Amos if they sell Bialkowski for $3 GBP. Take him but make sure you pay him or you could have a revolt on your hands. That'd be a mill(stone around our necks) off the books. And part of the problem gone...

So pray the big bean-Pole goes to Birmingham, so we can ship our resident dissident straight off to Ipswich.
That would be double-bubble lovely. Not only would we shift our highest earner but Ipswich would lose their triple Player of the Year whose great statistics has kept them above their station for a season at least. Add in Mick Mac leaving and a want-out owner and suddenly there's a whiff of relegation rival.

I get the feeling we're going to need all the relegation rivals we can get.

The player negativity and not wanting to play a fun football game (regardless of the reason) bodes ill. Our players gave up at the very first hurdle, do we need a culture change? An injection of fire and grit...Less OZ, Joao, more Paul Robinson, Nolan, SKD...

Change of ownership to clear the air first. Could also appoint a captain?
What could've happened; did.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:17 am

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/16 ... rs-strike/

Blah, blah, both sides were moronic, supporters are the losers... then this nugget:
One signing was close to completion on Friday, and a couple of others have progressed during the weekend. And that will come as good news for supporters who were worried the strike situation could put off potential new recruits.

Possibly Owls right back Liam Palmer, 26 and 6ft 2in can play defensive mid. Not attacking as he hasn't scored a goal in 136 Championship games. Just what Doctor Mullayo ordered. A tall experienced defender.

Also Nickson tweeting: close to signing foreign winger well known in his peak!
https://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/ ... day-player

A couple of signings could swing the focus away from our inter-personal omnishambles.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:24 am

hmmm that winger doesn't sound like Texeira, who at 25 is only just coming into his peak years, and hasn't really been well known ever.

CYL perhaps? A winger in his thirties who was good once maybe?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:32 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:24 am
hmmm that winger doesn't sound like Texeira, who at 25 is only just coming into his peak years, and hasn't really been well known ever.

I think that's it's someone like Carayol...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:34 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:32 am
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

I think that's it's someone like Carayol...
If its anyone then apparently it is someone who has never played in England before.

Nixon though, isn't a great source anymore given the Andersons do the deals and certainly give him no info!

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:36 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

It's not him. The strongest rumour appears to be that it's Diego Capel.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:33 am

Really Capel? Why's he coming here? Has he lost it?

I'd prefer CYL he's more of a playmaker but I'd happily take Capel.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:21 pm

I'd be astonished if that 'winger' were CYL. If Nixon knew we were signing CYL he wouldn't describe him thusly. What that sounds like is the usual gnomic attempt to drum up interest. What with him and Lee Anderson it's like we're relying on mystics sat up poles spouting mumbo-jumbo. "My first is in transfer, but never in deal".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:39 pm

I'm thinking Luis Figo might not be quite what we need... :|
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:26 pm

Worth noting that by the time the press release confirming the cancellation came out, the players were already on their way back to England.

Something big has happened and poor Ken's ego obviously can't handle it. The fact he came out calling the players and confirming which one hadn't been paid (anything for the umpteenth time) shows cowardice on his part. He wants the fans to get on the players backs here. That's shite
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:42 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:26 pm
Worth noting that by the time the press release confirming the cancellation came out, the players were already on their way back to England.

Something big has happened and poor Ken's ego obviously can't handle it. The fact he came out calling the players and confirming which one hadn't been paid (anything for the umpteenth time) shows cowardice on his part. He wants the fans to get on the players backs here. That's shite
Aye – and in some cases it works.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:33 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:21 pm
I'd be astonished if that 'winger' were CYL. If Nixon knew we were signing CYL he wouldn't describe him thusly. What that sounds like is the usual gnomic attempt to drum up interest. What with him and Lee Anderson it's like we're relying on mystics sat up poles spouting mumbo-jumbo. "My first is in transfer, but never in deal".
I agree, he would have phrased it different if it was CYL. But Capel is equally baffling and out of the blue.
Anyways, any signing at this stage will be a welcome distraction from Wage-gate. Mirren-gate?