Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:28 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:21 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:12 pm
Oh will I finally be able to send my draft tweet to Lee of birthday cake, waving man and several big purple aubergines??

Gah it's the hope that kills you. American Billionaire takeover, Ken gone, and a Premier League battle of the loaded Wanderers next year.
Funny innit. Ken has been so quick to discard the tyre-kickers; maybe it needed a call this close in order to open up the clam.

There's a sizeable element of careful-what-you-wish-for with takeovers, especially in this division. For every Wolves there's a Birmingham - in fact you could argue there's two Birminghams in that city, judging by the balls made of it by Villa's previous owners. Then there's Derby's spending and the revolving door on Forest's boardroom, and we haven't even left the Midlands yet.

I dunno. I dunno what I want our club to be. Obviously if it was Wolves Two then that'd be very nice and yes I'd be there with the big foam hands. But again, can anyone think of any geographically proximate examples of US billionaires, with involvement in US sport, buying English clubs? Went it well?
I'm guessing given you said "buying" rather than "stealing" (that one's for Bobo if he's still reading) that you mean the Rags rather than the Scousers, for whom it seems to be going pretty well.

Though I take your point. Any takeover will certainly be nerve-wracking to begin with but a) the current situation cannot continue and b) I'm dreaming!!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:31 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:23 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Oh will I finally be able to send my draft tweet to Lee of birthday cake, waving man and several big purple aubergines??

Gah it's the hope that kills you. American Billionaire takeover, Ken gone, and a Premier League battle of the loaded Wanderers next year.
Funny innit. Ken has been so quick to discard the tyre-kickers; maybe it needed a call this close in order to open up the clam.

There's a sizeable element of careful-what-you-wish-for with takeovers, especially in this division. For every Wolves there's a Birmingham - in fact you could argue there's two Birminghams in that city, judging by the balls made of it by Villa's previous owners. Then there's Derby's spending and the revolving door on Forest's boardroom, and we haven't even left the Midlands yet.

I dunno. I dunno what I want our club to be. Obviously if it was Wolves Two then that'd be very nice and yes I'd be there with the big foam hands. But again, can anyone think of any geographically proximate examples of US billionaires, with involvement in US sport, buying English clubs? Went it well?
Indeed. Careful what you wish for.

Iles says Michael James pitched in to help Ken out with the BM fee. Not ED.
Yes for clubs our size it seems there are at least two bad situations for every good one. Coventry, Charlton, Blackburn, Birmingham, Villa, Sunderland all bordering on, or are or have been fully fledged disasters. Success stories include Wolves, Fulham, Bournemouth and erm after that I am struggling.

The best scenario if you can get it is stable, wealthy owners who have a long standing connection to the club. Huddersfield, Preston, Bristol City for example. And us under ED.
Last edited by bristol_Wanderer3 on Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:33 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:31 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:23 pm
Prufrock wrote:

Indeed. Careful what you wish for.

Iles says Michael James pitched in to help Ken out with the BM fee. Not ED.
Yes for clubs our size it seems there are at least two bad situations for every good one. Coventry, Charlton, Blackburn, Birmingham, Villa, Sunderland all bordering on, or are or have been fully fledged disasters. Success stories include Wolves, Fulham, Bournemouth and erm after that I am struggling.

The best scenario if you can get it is stable owners who have a long standing connection to the club. Preston, Bristol City for example. And us under ED.
Us under ED didn't exactly end well.

We've had the person of reasonable means (in football terms!) in ED and the person who doesn't really have a pot to piss in (Ken) so a billionaire...why not? :D

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:34 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:28 pm
I'm guessing given you said "buying" rather than "stealing" (that one's for Bobo if he's still reading) that you mean the Rags rather than the Scousers, for whom it seems to be going pretty well.
I actually meant both. FSG seem popular, but the same can't be said of LFC's first transatlantic saviours, Gillette & Hicks.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:37 pm

Prescot Business Parks would be ideal as people to take over the club. That would be a true 10/10 day if that happened :)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:55 pm

Uh-oh. Iles: "Back again, folks, and not the best news... There has been a definite hold-up in procedings. Some doubt now whether we will get an official verdict tonight."

"As far as I can tell the whole matter has been sorted. May just be waiting on paperwork.

"So, in short. BluMarble WILL NOT be putting Bolton Wanderers into administration. But we might have to wait for official confirmation."

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:12 pm

Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:55 pm
Uh-oh. Iles: "Back again, folks, and not the best news... There has been a definite hold-up in procedings. Some doubt now whether we will get an official verdict tonight."

"As far as I can tell the whole matter has been sorted. May just be waiting on paperwork.

"So, in short. BluMarble WILL NOT be putting Bolton Wanderers into administration. But we might have to wait for official confirmation."
Doesn’t sound like an uh-oh. My suspicion is KA needs to speak to the EFL re points deduction before making any announcement. That could take a day or two.

Also the new loan agreements between PbP and KA will be subject to legal paperwork unlikely to be done in a day.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:18 pm

Ey get you captain sunshine!

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:41 pm

Regarding potential points deductions, could the fact that Blumarble went to the length of actually appointing an administrator be a cause for concern?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:42 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:18 pm
We are fecked whatever anyway. Heathcotes court date next week. So could be wound up then.

Sooner or later a hard rains a gonna fall.

Could be tomorrow. Next week or next month.

But we are doomed and domed.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:43 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:41 pm
Regarding potential points deductions, could the fact that Blumarble went to the length of actually appointing an administrator be a cause for concern?
Yep. Nobody can rule it out, as technically that counts as an insolvency event. However the fact it wasn’t the club itself that appointed an administrator may affect how the league view it.

We aren’t out of the woods yet.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:58 pm

Better than this morning though, huh?

Can imagine Ken’s meeting with blue marble now...
We want our cash, no more promises
Fine put us into admin, you’ll get feck all then club will be relegated, worth nowt etc
Fine will do, only way to get any cash out of you
Fine
*release statement*
Then this am
Oh ok I’ve got some cash now, here have this (instalments)
feck, go on then

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:10 pm

When's Vince McMahon coming In?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:16 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:42 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:18 pm
We are fecked whatever anyway. Heathcotes court date next week. So could be wound up then.

Sooner or later a hard rains a gonna fall.

Could be tomorrow. Next week or next month.

But we are doomed and domed.
There we go! That's the spirit.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:18 pm

Well we seem to have got through the day without admin, or points deductions or future transfer embargos. I would have snapped your hand off if that was offered at the start of the day.

Hopefully we will get confirmation it has all been avoided tomorrow, and we can look forward to the QPR game.

Going forward I hope the fact that PBP apparently came to the rescue might mean they play a bigger role in the club going forward. Whatever happens we can't go on like this. If Ken is still in the same position, are we going to take it to the wire with Heathcote's next week as well? It will be interesting to get some more details as to what has really transpired, but the threat of admin and all that that means shouldn't be used as a negotiating tactic as it seems to have been today.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:36 pm

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/16 ... -happened/

The Wanderers ride again (with a slight battered ten gallon and a limp)
Pfffft.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:50 pm

Eddie Davies has passed away.....

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:53 pm

Tried to hint that in an my earlier post.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:55 pm

Athertonian wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:53 pm
Tried to hint that in an my earlier post.
Get that, just didn’t think you should have till his family said so....

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:57 pm

OMG Eddie Davies has died today...RIP...can anything else go wrong?