Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Beefheart » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:42 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:36 am
dave the minion wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:17 am
Have we had it officially confirmed yet whether or not the EFL will be deducting the 12 points (ie did we avoid technical administration?)
No, and I wouldn't hold your breath on that.

For starters, the deal hasn't been fully signed and sealed (although BluMarble seem happy enough with the suggested payments to call off the administrator).

And then, the EFL are not the fastest-moving creatures. I'm slightly worried that they've let it be known that Birmingham might have points deducted, indicating a harder stance; hopefully, we'll be OK because our circumstances are sufficiently different to theirs – not so much spending beyond our means as struggling to repay a historic debt. Mind, the fact it came a week after organising a £1m signing isn't great PR.
This, I found to be utterly baffling. Not a wise move if you want to keep your creditors happy.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:21 pm

Beefheart wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:42 pm
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:36 am
dave the minion wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:17 am
Have we had it officially confirmed yet whether or not the EFL will be deducting the 12 points (ie did we avoid technical administration?)
No, and I wouldn't hold your breath on that.

For starters, the deal hasn't been fully signed and sealed (although BluMarble seem happy enough with the suggested payments to call off the administrator).

And then, the EFL are not the fastest-moving creatures. I'm slightly worried that they've let it be known that Birmingham might have points deducted, indicating a harder stance; hopefully, we'll be OK because our circumstances are sufficiently different to theirs – not so much spending beyond our means as struggling to repay a historic debt. Mind, the fact it came a week after organising a £1m signing isn't great PR.
This, I found to be utterly baffling. Not a wise move if you want to keep your creditors happy.
It was an initial payment of a few hundred thousand. That as Iles explained would have made no difference to the BM payment. They wanted that money regardless and so pleading "we've no money" wouldn't have swayed them.

Different had we spunked 4M quid on a player then not been able to pay it. But our ability to pay the loan was not impacted by the signing of Doidge according to Iles/Nixon etc...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:14 am

https://supporters-direct.org/articles/ ... -investors

Supporters Direct - the national body, not our lot - have a say. It's balanced and reasonable, although I would question the potential unintended consequences of the first of their two suggestions, "The gap between what clubs are permitted to lose under FFP and actually do lose is too big e.g. if the mess is too big, it can’t be reasonably rescued." Seems to me that if you have the sort of owner who might run up a debt, it would be dangerous to say "Oh in that case here's a higher target you can also miss".

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:29 pm

Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:14 am
https://supporters-direct.org/articles/ ... -investors

Supporters Direct - the national body, not our lot - have a say. It's balanced and reasonable, although I would question the potential unintended consequences of the first of their two suggestions, "The gap between what clubs are permitted to lose under FFP and actually do lose is too big e.g. if the mess is too big, it can’t be reasonably rescued." Seems to me that if you have the sort of owner who might run up a debt, it would be dangerous to say "Oh in that case here's a higher target you can also miss".
Imho that is a very well informed article and raises a lot of pertinent questions.

I have a ton of questions about what really happened on Monday/Tuesday. I'll start with these...

Did Ken have this in hand all along and was just playing hardball to the max to get the best possible deal?
Did BM call Ken's bluff and essentially ate his lunch, by being prepared to put the club in admin, and apparently having potential buyers lined up to buy the club in admin (the American billionaires)?
Was Ken throwing in the towel i.e. was he prepared to let the club go into admin and didn't count on Parky and Michael James coming to the rescue?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:37 pm

They're good pertinent questions, the answers to which I suspect we'll never know.

(One thing: I don't know whether the US billionaire was lined up by the administrators, or just showed his/her hand when a fire sale became possible. Call me a conclusion-jumper but I still think it's interesting that Marc Iles removed the "financially solvent" bit of his post about the suitor; it's not impossible that they were among the investors dismissed by Ken as tyre-kickers.)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:18 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:22 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:28 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:21 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:06 pm
Is K.A. just being dense in not seeing the harm these sort of things/revelations, can and will do to his and the club's reputation; or am I just being old-fashioned?
Not dense. Just calculating and cynical. He pushes things to the limit rather than just forking out of his own pocket immediately.
So, he just totally disregards what people think about him or the club? That, in time has to be less than sensible. .
Its been going on two years, has it damaged us all that much?
Yes he fxcking has. Thick cxnt (you, not him).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:23 pm

Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:37 pm
the answers to which I suspect we'll never know.

Whilst almost certainly correct, imho this is the biggest issue.

It is the fans who suffer the heartache, the sleepless nights and are the bedrock of the club. Yet it is almost universally accepted that they don't get any information about decisions/events that impact the very existence of THEIR club.

I don't know how achievable it is, but the EFL/EPL should look at having compulsory supporters group representation at board level of clubs.

KA owns 94% of this club. He isn't technically accountable to anyone, and has full control over all of the club's accounts. Yet from 2006:
In October 05, Mr Anderson was banned from holding directorship of a company until 2013.Mr Anderson has been involved in several liquidations and his record at the Insolvency Service reveals that he has been found guilty of diverting funds
receivable by a company into personal accounts, VAT discrepancies, and failure
to cooperate with Receivers.
https://www.investegate.co.uk/southampt ... 00531267F/

Whilst administration is still a number of steps from liquidation/receivership, it is a step towards it, and seemingly one we were minutes from taking...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:39 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:18 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Is K.A. just being dense in not seeing the harm these sort of things/revelations, can and will do to his and the club's reputation; or am I just being old-fashioned?
Not dense. Just calculating and cynical. He pushes things to the limit rather than just forking out of his own pocket immediately.
So, he just totally disregards what people think about him or the club? That, in time has to be less than sensible. .
You been treating yourself to the contents under the sink, or something?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:52 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Charming. If you read my point in the world of Ken we are still alive and kicking and still have managed to assemble a better squad than last season. The club’s name being dragged through the mud in his view will be of little consequence.

Anyhow Heathcotes dispute settled. I think Ken was spooked by the events earlier in the week and for now at least is behaving himself.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:06 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:52 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Charming. If you read my point in the world of Ken we are still alive and kicking and still have managed to assemble a better squad than last season. The club’s name being dragged through the mud in his view will be of little consequence.

Anyhow Heathcotes dispute settled. I think Ken was spooked by the events earlier in the week and for now at least is behaving himself.

I was quite looking forward to another day of legal / financial drama.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2018/septem ... statement/
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:31 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:52 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

I am more inclined to believe he has lost full control of the club due to recent happenings and "others" who have bailed us out now have more influence financially and otherwise. To be honest with you, I am tired of KA. I believe he is using our club for his own individual purposes, and that there are interested investors who are willing to invest but wont deal with him for obvious reasons. Hard for me to believe anything he says.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:09 pm

There doesn't seem to be anything simple or straight forward about football anymore. I suppose money is the only real answer and normal blokes who kick balls about can suddenly achieve false god-like status by how much they earn but can't do rock all else. Who, what is Ken Anderson in the grand scheme of things really? He's a businessman and nothing else. That's why the club is a business commodity to him, just like a boxing promoter who wouldn't dream of ever stepping in a boxing ring yet makes a very cushy living anyway. I have a feeling that somewhere along the line K.A. will disappear never to be heard of again (well, maybe not) and Bolton Wanderers are just another transaction to be handled to bolster his bank balance along the way. I'll happily apologise if that's wrong; I sincerely hope so.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:07 pm

That Mr Anderson is why the ground is half empty and will only get worse.... the football is fcuking dire under Parkinson.

We only think about attacking when we go behind, Parkinson is the most boring, negative manager in the football league

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:39 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:07 pm
That Mr Anderson is why the ground is half empty and will only get worse.... the football is fcuking dire under Parkinson.

We only think about attacking when we go behind, Parkinson is the most boring, negative manager in the football league
I think I've heard that song before...

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:45 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:39 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:

I think I've heard that song before...
And I've no doubt that you will hear it again (and again !)....because the crowds will continue to dwindle significantly in the coming months because of Parkinson's shite, boring, negative football - I was in the pub with 3 ST holders this afternoon who couldn't be arsed going up to the Reebok, there are quite a number of ST holders who can't be arsed turning up to be bored to tears every home game.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:53 pm

After the week the football club has had 3 season ticket holders didn’t fancy going to support the team? I’m not sure I want fans like that back to be honest.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:09 pm

Do you never wonder if it's you, PT? Every fan you speak to is never going back, yet attendances generally stay fine :conf: ?!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Martin_Cruise
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Martin_Cruise » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:12 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:

Bang on.Sane people will agree that overall Parky has done a fine job at Bolton on his meagre budget, but picking 3 defensive midfielders at home to QPR was a shocker.

That's as bad as Coylie going to Stamford Bridge with an attacking 4-4-2 and Mark Davies in his central midfield.

If Parky is too scared to attack QPR at home i think he needs to go on a positive thinking course

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:35 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:09 pm
Do you never wonder if it's you, PT? Every fan you speak to is never going back, yet attendances generally stay fine :conf: ?!
Yes absolutely 100% Mr Prufrock - its also my fault that we play negative, boring, ultra defensive, non creative football every home game (until we go behind....)

It's my fault that the ground is half empty, its my fault that the atmosphere is shite as there is virtually nothing to cheer, its my fault that some ST holders can't be arsed going to the Reebok and would rather stay in the pub....its all PT's fault.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:48 pm

Martin_Cruise wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:12 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:

Bang on.Sane people will agree that overall Parky has done a fine job at Bolton on his meagre budget, but picking 3 defensive midfielders at home to QPR was a shocker.

That's as bad as Coylie going to Stamford Bridge with an attacking 4-4-2 and Mark Davies in his central midfield.

If Parky is too scared to attack QPR at home i think he needs to go on a positive thinking course
Is it 3 defensive midfielders or 8 defenders?

You might be better watching netball pal the players all wear bibs with their positions on them, you might get less confused.