Love thy Neighbour...Bolton V Blackburn Sat 6th Oct.17-30

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Love thy Neighbour...Bolton V Blackburn Sat 6th Oct.17-30

Post by Prufrock » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:40 am

First time I'd seen Oztumer. Looks like an idiot's idea of a footballer to me. All the tricks and tidiness where it doesn't matter then falls to shit when it does. There might be a player in there but nowhere near good enough on the basis of yesterday. Grounds and Wildschut absolute wank. Rest I thought were fine, we just really lack quality.

If Ameobi plays fewer than 35 games this season, we're fecked I reckon.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:48 am

Can't score goals. same old problem again.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:50 am

In fairness to a Oztumer he needs someone making runs. I’m not sure that someone is Magennis but then if he doesn’t fit into the system (which Magennis undoubtedly does) then should he play?

For what it’s worth I suspect our wide olayers who aren’t Ameobi are close to losing their stock with Parky. I bet an internet tenner dyer starts next game.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:27 pm

Otz isn't effecting the game in key areas. He was too deep, despite Parkinson's claims that he played as a striker. I'd stick with him for now. As someone mentioned, if the alternative is to swap him for Murphy or Vela I'd stick with Otz.

Yanic is a massive concern. Grounds is creating new problems for us all the time.

I know we've said our squad is stronger this time around but is it really? I'd take last years strikers over this years (I was a big Madine fan). Little had a perfectly good season. Lowe uses the ball better than Pratley did so I'll take that. Grounds is costing us big time.

And the same problems are hampering us, and when Ameobi is out we just don't look like scoring. Noone is starting more games but in the meantime proving he was more effective as a sub. And Buckley is, on the whole, as under whelming as he has been since signing.

I don't blame PP for yesterday result and actually feel a bit for him. He was let down by a lack of quality in key areas.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:34 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:40 am

This is it in a nutshell.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:00 pm

Jugs wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:27 pm
And Buckley is, on the whole, as under whelming as he has been since signing.

When Buckley first started getting people's attention, his pace was what made him dangerous. I think I'm right in saying that he then made his way to us via a couple of hamstring and knee injuries, the worst possible injuries a player like him can have.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:21 pm

So he's basically broken?

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:25 pm

Grounds was our major problem yesterday, schoolboy defending and that's insulting schoolboys. I also think we are like toothless dogs we threaten to bite, but in the end just have nothing. If like some we are relying on Ameobi coming back, we have one big problem as he can have good days and bad. I think Magennis needs more support and Doidge definitely needs more game time.
I like Oztumer, he's a trier, not everything comes off for him but if I was Parky I would persevere keeping him in the side, but for god's sake can we try something else instead of grounds as otherwise I will commit a murder!!

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:45 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:34 pm
Prufrock wrote:

So you are saying one player, i.e. Ameobi, is the difference between success and failure?
And yet, how many weeks has he been out so far this season? How many goals did he score last season?

He is not the answer. He may certainly be part of the answer but injuries seem to dog him.

We need an experienced forwards coach who will drill our strikers until getting shots on target is second nature because we will be going down unless we start scoring goals.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:14 pm

bedwetter2 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:45 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:34 pm
Prufrock wrote:

So you are saying one player, i.e. Ameobi, is the difference between success and failure?
And yet, how many weeks has he been out so far this season? How many goals did he score last season?

He is not the answer. He may certainly be part of the answer but injuries seem to dog him.

We need an experienced forwards coach who will drill our strikers until getting shots on target is second nature because we will be going down unless we start scoring goals.
We don’t struggle getting shots on target or at least right now we don’t. The issue is creating the chance to do so currently. We don’t create enough.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:17 am

At this point i'd rather a kid from the youth set up was in there to make the mistakes Grounds is making game-in game-out, because at least the little chuffer will learn from it unlike our current birmingham loanee. ye godz!

I'd be even temped to play Little at left back. Any word on his current exile? Injury?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:42 am

Dr Hotdog wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:17 am
At this point i'd rather a kid from the youth set up was in there to make the mistakes Grounds is making game-in game-out, because at least the little chuffer will learn from it unlike our current birmingham loanee. ye godz!

I'd be even temped to play Little at left back. Any word on his current exile? Injury?
Whilst he was incredibly poor for the goal, and looks short against pace I don't think its quite the disaster some make it out to be.

If you're blasting him you also have to blast the 3 behind Magennis and the subs in those areas for not creating nearly enough and all generally being utter shite.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:19 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:42 am
Dr Hotdog wrote:

Whilst he was incredibly poor for the goal, and looks short against pace I don't think its quite the disaster some make it out to be.

If you're blasting him you also have to blast the 3 behind Magennis and the subs in those areas for not creating nearly enough and all generally being utter shite.
Well spotted.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Winter Hill White
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Winter Hill White » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:29 pm

Sure I'm repeating what others have said, but . . .
Thought we moved the ball around pretty well in patches, but lacked a bit of guile and incisiveness in the final third. Or to put it another way - Sameobi wasn't playing.
Given our Ameobiless state at the moment, a bit of Route One might not go amiss. Big floater from Hobbs/Wheater (a la N'Gotty), winning header from Magennis (a la Kevin Davies) and the knock down gets tw@tted home by our second striker, Oztumer (a la Nobby Nolan). Simples.
Won't work against every team, but I reckon Rovers were vulnerable that way - certainly Magennis seemed to win most of the headers he went up for.

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:06 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:19 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:

Well spotted.
Such a prick.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:46 pm

Spartan2 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:06 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:

Well spotted.
Such a prick.
Thanks for your insight, except anybody with 2 in their avatar title hardly inspires me into thinking they have anything unique to add... :wink:
And, indeed, when I trawl the records you don't seem to be the first to have made that observation. But never mind, you might one day come up with something that you can claim to be all yours! Good luck, and keep up the critique.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:42 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:46 pm
Spartan2 wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:

Well spotted.
Such a prick.
Thanks for your insight, except anybody with 2 in their avatar title hardly inspires me into thinking they have anything unique to add... :wink:
And, indeed, when I trawl the records you don't seem to be the first to have made that observation. But never mind, you might one day come up with something that you can claim to be all yours! Good luck, and keep up the critique.
Such a prick.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:16 pm

Spartan2 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:42 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:46 pm
Spartan2 wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:

Well spotted.
Such a prick.
Such a prick.
Excellent. I knew you wouldn't disappoint! :lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:35 pm

Referring back to the reminiscences on games past v Blackburn, how about the one where Holden scored the winner a minute after they'd equalised?

Or how about Heskey's debut goal?

Or Eagles' last minute winner?

So many great moments v this lot ...

Hopefully we'll do them at Ewood next year :)

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:13 pm

Jugs wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:35 pm
Referring back to the reminiscences on games past v Blackburn, how about the one where Holden scored the winner a minute after they'd equalised?

Or how about Heskey's debut goal?

Or Eagles' last minute winner?

So many great moments v this lot ...

Hopefully we'll do them at Ewood next year :)
The 1-0 at Ewood in 2006 (I think) when Campo headed home the winner in front of 7000 Wanderers fans, and Jussi saved two pens, and Nolan spectacularly mouthed off at the ref, and got sent off. Dreamy times!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwNd8VWnFW4