Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by knobpolisher » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:52 pm

I Don't think it was in "the other place", however king Kenny has been quick to slag off anyone who criticises him let's see if he rises to this Ermine challenge.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:05 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:11 pm
I'm not sure even Ken will swallow that. Written, or edited around 10pm tonight. No mention of Forest Green until the last few paragraphs. No response to the non payment of Doiges wages. No reference to the allegations of money owed to Norwich but hey, he managed to get a couple of digs in at the local rag and journos.

He comes across as an unreliable bully and a poor man's Donald Trump
I'm a little concerned here, having read the Times article today, that a lynch mob is forming. I might have misinterpreted, but Dale Vince stating that Forest Green have paid Doidge's wages since August isn't the same as stating that BWFC/Ken Anderson hasn't.
I'm a passionate fan of burning tar and pitchforks when justified, but I'm still not convinced. Sorry.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:08 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:29 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:55 am
A lot of writing which says nothing at all. What are the sayings.."Actions speak louder than words" ?. "Honesty is the best policy" etc,etc...If ever either was needed it's surely now.
Reality is that he can't be completely honest. But he's spinning everything like Donald Trump. His attacks on the Bolton News in that article - insinuating that Neil Bonnar is a drunk - are absolutely disgusting.

I don't like Bonnar (I don't think many do) - bloke is smug, conceited and a City fan. He's irked many local sports. But still the chairman of a football club writing absolute vitriol like that on the official site about ultimately, a harmless local journalist is absolutely unforgivable.
No matter how much you like it or don't, Mr Bonnar published some statements he needed to later amend.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:13 pm

...yeah, I know. But somebody might be able to buy First Circle Bollox and Media for a quid... (might as well be me).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:23 pm

knobpolisher wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:17 pm
BEN have an interesting statement from the house of lords indeed!!!
Come on Anderson respond to that.
I was hoping our illustrious owner would stand up and face up to the current issues and at least be honest about things. That's what I was hoping...somehow, I doubt that is going to happen. There should be some legality involved to prevent what seems to be nothing more than blatent mis-use of the club's finances by a charlatan. I'd still love to be entirely wrong.....but...
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:51 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:51 pm
knobpolisher wrote:

Baronesses - they're always pissed.
Indeed. Ann somefxcker of Bolton and the Lord High Commissioness Trish.
Who'd a thunk it. Life Long Supporters. In the House of Bollox! And knowledgeable with it, they know aaaaaaaaall about football finance, what with being members of the fxcking house of fxcking lords!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:21 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:10 pm
What came first, the chicken or the egg? Or in this case the Registration Embargo or the Doidge Move back to FGR?
Aren't the EFL's rules as equally to blame as Ken's unpaid debts?
I did ask this question. No answers forthcoming.
Now: https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... go-advice/
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:22 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:38 pm
He probably won't, partly because there's nowt new in it, KP.
"Through decades of following Bolton Wanderers, with season tickets first at Burnden Park and throughout...

...future generations of Wanderers fans to enjoy the ups and downs of following such a wonderful club. If things continue as they are, we are seriously worried that this may not be the case."
Aye, hardly what I'd call an interesting statement.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:33 pm

knobpolisher wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:52 pm
I Don't think it was in "the other place", however king Kenny has been quick to slag off anyone who criticises him let's see if he rises to this Ermine challenge.
I doubt if anything he responds to hasn't been fine-tooth-combed by his legal advisors first. Libel and slander are alive and well right now and begging for action.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:02 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:51 pm
knobpolisher wrote:

Baronesses - they're always pissed.
ST holders?

Bit disappointed if that’s the best news today can come up with. I was expecting us to have withheld payment for the junior whites Christmas party Santa or something at least.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:54 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:05 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:11 pm
I'm not sure even Ken will swallow that. Written, or edited around 10pm tonight. No mention of Forest Green until the last few paragraphs. No response to the non payment of Doiges wages. No reference to the allegations of money owed to Norwich but hey, he managed to get a couple of digs in at the local rag and journos.

He comes across as an unreliable bully and a poor man's Donald Trump
I'm a little concerned here, having read the Times article today, that a lynch mob is forming. I might have misinterpreted, but Dale Vince stating that Forest Green have paid Doidge's wages since August isn't the same as stating that BWFC/Ken Anderson hasn't.
I'm a passionate fan of burning tar and pitchforks when justified, but I'm still not convinced. Sorry.
I don't see it as a lynch mob forming, more a case of folk no longer willing to turn a blind eye or prepared to swallow what Ken says any more.

I read a comment somewhere that summed it up pretty well. The mess we were in, required a pretty unscrupulous bastard to get us out of deals and various contracts.

A lot of the stuff has gone unseen - local companies getting the offer of corporate tickets rather than the fees they were expecting. Things then started to get a little more public;

Former players still owed money ("Moxey? He didn't deserve it!")

Other chairman falling out with us (over Chris Taylor FFS!)

More missed payments to former players ("Karl Henry can afford it")

& then;

1st team squad go on strike. I may be wrong but I have no recollection of any other Professional English side doing that.

Manager and coaching staff still owed last seasons bonuses

Wages for staff and players delayed.

Local journo barred

Wages for players not paid.

And then another first I think. A player brought back to the selling club and the loan to buy deal terminated.

I don't doubt Ken's in a difficult position and until some wealthy lunatic pitches up, we're stuck with each other. I'd rather he didn't drag our clubs name through the mud any longer. The comments attributed to him by the FGR chairman seemed easily believable given Ken's track record
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:19 pm

Is there any mention anywhere of K.A and family no being paid wages? Just wondering if it's a "we're all in this together" sort of thing? ...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:50 pm

No but everyone points to the wage of £500k Ken Jong takes; the consultancy fee of £125k to his own company, plus the likelihood his wife gets the maximum you can pay a director without declaring it (£199k?). I assume they are paid with staff (“never late” according to Ken Jong).

Correct me if I am wrong but I haven’t seen anything explaining why this is all pretty high for a championship (league one) club?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:19 am

I'm going to be honest here and say I am slightly worried about the club and its future, protests, the way the club is being run, serious mis-information etc. it's all becoming a touch Blackpoolish and that has not ended well really.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:50 pm

Despite what the media and Dale Vince, the chairman of Forest Green Rovers, has said about us being unable to sign players as we are in an embargo, I can confirm that we have had directions from the EFL on how we can sign players.

As regards Dale l can only say that during my several telephone discussions with him, l have found him to probably be one of the strangest people that l have ever come across in football - and in my 20 plus years in the game, l have met hundreds of players, managers , directors and club owners, so that’s saying something!

I have read and heard his recollection of our telephone conversations and have given them the credit they deserve and promptly dispatched them into the bin.

What l can say is that he knows what he agreed in August 2018 and l have made it clear that we are still prepared to make the first payment, as always agreed from the outset, being next week when we receive the EFL distribution monies. If this is not now acceptable, then so be it, but don’t go blaming me for disappointing Christian as we have made it absolutely clear that he is welcome here. I understand that the only reason he won’t be here is because of Dale and that’s a shame as he is unable to play at any other clubs this season apart from FGR or us. As regards the breach of contract claims, well that will be for the courts to determine, if it gets that far, as we intend to adhere to the agreement next week and if he rejects the payment, then as I said, it will be for the courts to determine which party is in breach of contract.

Furthermore, Dale’s allegations about me negotiating a deal with Christian before l even spoke to him is total nonsense and vigorously denied. I never met or spoke to Christian before he signed with us.

The truth of the matter is that it’s probably sour grapes as he knows he negotiated a poor deal in August 2018 and he foolishly tried to renegotiate the terms last Friday and bring an additional £250,000 forward to August/January this year and next. As l have previously said this was flatly refused and remains the position now.

Everything else he has said is totally irrelevant as far as l am concerned and l won’t lower myself to respond to his disrespectful and misleading comments.

I have to say that I found the t-shirts FGR are selling quite humorous and I’m sure the Supporters Trust will greatly receive the funds they generate. We are thinking about printing our own which will say, ‘Yes We Ken’ and we will donate all proceeds to those employees of Ecotricity who were made redundant.

That said, I am not sure where his offer of a free pint of beer fits in with his green philosophy.

l can only imagine it’s his way of getting his 15 minutes of fame and as much free publicity as possible. The same probably applies to his business if the following link is anything to go by:

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/n ... ce-1680779

He’s probably achieved more air time and press coverage over the last few days than ever before. Good luck with that and well done.

It seems that I’m not the only football chairman he has taken an exception to. When the chairman of Carlisle United, Andrew Jenkins, refused to try some vegan food on offer at FGR’s New Lawn in January last year, Vince responded by making the following bizarre statement:

“How many years will it be before we all look at families that made their living or fortune in the meat trade - in the same way that we now look at families that did the same in the slave trade. Not long [in my opinion].”

The articles relating to this can be found here and you can make your own minds up:

https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/ ... egan-food/
https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/foo ... en-rovers/
What was that all about?

I have also seen the latest articles about the Baronesses and also the planned mass protest, and if these people think this is beneficial to the club then so be it. Unfortunately, people seem to be coming to their own conclusions without knowing the full facts and believing everything they read. I would have thought that the two seasoned and respected politicians would have known better when it comes to the media and perhaps they should have taken the time to contact me to get the facts?

In fact, Baroness Taylor used to be a frequent guest to the Chairman’s Suite on match days but hasn’t been for a while. Perhaps if she’d have still attended she would have been able raise her questions to me directly?

As the English poet John Lydgate wrote: “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

This is never truer than when you are working with football clubs as it seems that for a very small minority whatever l do or say is wrong irrespective of all the good things that have happened in the last two years or so.

Maybe they just have a short memory and don’t recall those dark days in March 2016 or the highs of May 2017 and May 2018, the concerts and the rugby league matches.

Again, there have been some reported inaccuracies regarding the payments due to Norwich City for the loan signings. There is an agreement in place to pay what is owed from the EFL money.

Despite all of this the staff continue to do a great job and the businesses and results have improved drastically over the last two years. Well done and a big thank you to each and every one of you.

Over the last couple of days I’ve received a lot of well wishes from supporters and people within the game and for that I am extremely grateful.

I will always continue to do my best for the club.

Fortunately, l get inspiration from some of the quotes of Winston Churchill and hopefully the following will help us all get through these difficult times:

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”

I believe I have said everything I need to on the FGR matter and I won’t be making any more comments. My focus will now be on the Bristol City match at the weekend and to ensure that we retain our Championship status.

Ken
Gone full tinpot.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:08 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:19 am
I'm going to be honest here and say I am slightly worried about the club and its future, protests, the way the club is being run, serious mis-information etc. it's all becoming a touch Blackpoolish and that has not ended well really.
"Blackpoolish". How very dare you... :whack:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:35 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:50 pm
No but everyone points to the wage of £500k Ken Jong takes; the consultancy fee of £125k to his own company, plus the likelihood his wife gets the maximum you can pay a director without declaring it (£199k?). I assume they are paid with staff (“never late” according to Ken Jong).

Correct me if I am wrong but I haven’t seen anything explaining why this is all pretty high for a championship (league one) club?
I'm with you on the sentiment. But apparently £500k is higher than any "declared" wages for a Championship CEO. I'm quoting this from memory, as I read it yesterday by the way. It is also higher than ~half the Premiership clubs. But, and it's a big but, none of the other Championship or Premiership CEOs 'consultancy fees' were included in this so called analysis either.
So you make a fair point. It's hardly outrageous money for the comparative sums of equals surrounding him.
You'd have thought for such a seriously devious, criminal, warmongering, Brexit-supporting, funny-faced, child-eating, not-really-human-but-a-lizard cxnt, he'd a diddled us out of proper serious amounts of money, wouldn't you?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:46 pm

Ken Jong Il
Wowzer 😳

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:05 pm

He’s obviously made whoever writes the website stuff / proof reads redundant. That is a rant!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:10 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:05 pm
He’s obviously made whoever writes the website stuff / proof reads redundant. That is a rant!
You've obviously never actually read any of my posts, just fxcking skipped through them, otherwise you'd KNOW that's not a rant...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください