Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:11 pm

Clearly you're not a poker player :D

I'd rather we didn't have to switch buyers, and I can't say I'm 100% confident Basran will come through, but the confidence shortfall is more that Ken's unreliable than Basran's skint.

Notable that PP's press conference started at 1.45pm and the official Twitter feed didn't report a single thing until 2.03pm. I wonder what they could have all been talking about? :conf:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:17 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:11 pm

I'd rather we didn't have to switch buyers, and I can't say I'm 100% confident Basran will come through, but the confidence shortfall is more that Ken's unreliable than Basran's skint.

Notable that PP's press conference started at 1.45pm and the official Twitter feed didn't report a single thing until 2.03pm. I wonder what they could have all been talking about? :conf:
This is how its being presented by the media but I'm becoming more sceptical. Ken wants the best deal for himself no doubt. He's also up against the clock.

Iles' reporting last time was very similar "Deano wants to do a deal but ED is being difficult".....perhaps ED was also worried about how DH would finance things. I'm sure Ken is less bothered about that but maybe Basran delays are indicative of a similar scenario?

Ultimately this week one assumes has to be it, given ability for players to rip their deals up come Thursday....

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:49 pm

Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:48 pm
It's not getting any clearer, BWFCi. Your logic presents three options, one of which you kept quiet in your previous gloomy prediction:

1. He can't afford it
2. The deal's imminent
3. The deal's collapsing

Note that No3 would have to rule out the Kenyon counter-bid Ken was so kareful to mention last week (without naming names - I mean he wouldn't break an NDA would he?)
Jesus Christ!
I thought everybody on the planet had already agreed that nobody will be buying us before Tuesday because Ken is paying the wages on Monday!!!
Can we all please keep up with the recieved wisdom?!?!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:52 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:49 pm
It's not getting any clearer, BWFCi. Your logic presents three options, one of which you kept quiet in your previous gloomy prediction:

1. He can't afford it
2. The deal's imminent
3. The deal's collapsing

Note that No3 would have to rule out the Kenyon counter-bid Ken was so kareful to mention last week (without naming names - I mean he wouldn't break an NDA would he?)
Jesus Christ!
I thought everybody on the planet had already agreed that nobody will be buying us before Tuesday because Ken is paying the wages on Monday!!!
If he pays the wages he will loan it to the club and get it back in the deal.

The idea Ken would "stick wages in and kiss the money goodbye" is ludicrous.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:12 pm

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:13 pm

Oh jeez
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:19 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:17 pm

This is how its being presented by the media but I'm becoming more sceptical. Ken wants the best deal for himself no doubt. He's also up against the clock.

Iles' reporting last time was very similar "Deano wants to do a deal but ED is being difficult".....perhaps ED was also worried about how DH would finance things. I'm sure Ken is less bothered about that but maybe Basran delays are indicative of a similar scenario?

Ultimately this week one assumes has to be it, given ability for players to rip their deals up come Thursday....
It is pretty laughable that you come to the conclusion that any issue in these takeover negotiations is likely to be because the Basran/Brittan group, who have spent weeks in negotiations. suddenly don't have the money? When Ken has/was:

1.) been banned from being a company director 2005-13 for dishonesty that involved ciphering money from businesses going into liquidation .
2.) in 2006, an employee (formerly director) of Vantis PLC, an accountancy firm, who themselves went into administration in 2010 and two of it's directors went to jail for tax evasion following a 2006-2012 HMRC investigation.
3.) caused our players to go on strike in pre-season over non-payment of bonuses.
4.) within minutes of putting us into administration over a debt he had just borrowed the money to pay off, and he had known about for over a year.
5.) gotten into a public spat with Karl Henry over not paying his bonus.
6.) caused Heathcote's to issue a winding up order against the club.
7.) caused HMRC to issue almost monthly winding up orders against the club.
8.) caused Front Row marketing to issue a winding up order against the club.
9.) paid November wages 14 days late.
10.) taken out a PFA loan to pay December's wages, which wasn't and likely still hasn't been fully paid back.
11.) had to give a player back to Forest Green after agreeing a deal for wages and fees he didn't fulfill.
12.) only partially paid February wages, 8 days late, the rest of which are 11 days late and counting.
13.) not paid the council tax.
14.) not paid the police.
15.) not paid the ambulance service.
16.) not paid Heathcote's (the caterers) again.
17.) treated any negotiation like a high stakes poker game (his words), that he is staked for using someone else's money.

That is just the stuff we know about, and the stuff that gets reported. Occam's razor and all that!

As I have been saying for some time, I fear the worst and will be relieved if there is a BWFC in a few weeks time.
Last edited by bristol_Wanderer3 on Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:20 pm

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:26 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:52 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:49 pm

1. He can't afford it
2. The deal's imminent
3. The deal's collapsing

Jesus Christ!
If he pays the wages he will loan it to the club and get it back in the deal.

The idea Ken would "stick wages in and kiss the money goodbye" is ludicrous.
:lol: yeh, and who said that then!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:28 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:19 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

It is pretty laughable that you come to the conclusion that any issue in these takeover negotiations is likely to be because the Basran/Brittan group, who have spent weeks in negotiations. suddenly don't have the money? When Ken has/was:

1.) been banned from being a company director 2005-13 for dishonesty that involved ciphering money from businesses going into liquidation .
2.) in 2006, an employee (formerly director) of Vantis PLC, an accountancy firm, who themselves went into administration in 2010 and two of it's directors went to jail for tax evasion following a 2006-2012 HMRC investigation.
3.) caused our players to go on strike in pre-season over non-payment of bonuses.
4.) within minutes of putting us into administration over a debt he had just borrowed the money to pay off, and he had known about for over a year.
10.) taken out a PFA loan to pay December's wages, which wasn't and likely still hasn't been fully paid back.
11.) had to give a player back to Forest Green after agreeing a deal for wages and fees he didn't fulfill.
12.) only partially paid February wages, 8 days late, the rest of which are 11 days late and counting.
17.) treated any negotiation like a high stakes poker game (his words), that he is staked for using someone else's money.

That is just the stuff we know about, and the stuff that gets reported. Occam's razor and all that!

As I have been saying for some time, I fear the worst and will be relieved if there is a BWFC in a few weeks time.
Don't worry, BWFCi knows what he's talking about :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:29 pm

Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:20 pm
I wouldn't blame them for downing tools. In fact, I'd go as far as supporting them.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:46 pm

it doesn't surprise me that KA hasn't paid the players. What money he now has he's going to keep.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:52 pm

If somebody wrote a script for this they couldn't sell it to the producers of Fleabag never mind children's TV.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:57 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:19 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I'm saying that Ken is no doubt playing a game of brinksmanship. But we know a deal was agreed (announced by Ken and retweeted by Basran) and then suddenly during due diligence Basran "pulled back"....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:57 pm

images.jpg
images.jpg (13.74 KiB) Viewed 2318 times

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:13 pm

Also given Ken could lose his shares - is it in his interest to mess around a potential buyer? I'm not claiming any fact here but the suspicion over this deal is rising it seems.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:15 pm

Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:57 pm
images.jpg
I own all of the collected works. All of them. And I've looked and looked for that very panel. You bastard .. :wink:
(Go on, what year? I'm guessing '67)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:19 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:15 pm
images.jpg
I own all of the collected works. All of them. And I've looked and looked for that very panel. You bastard .. :wink:
(Go on, what year? I'm guessing '67)
Could be any. There's a similar one from 87. I just Googled :D

Meanwhile in farcetown:

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:53 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

I'm saying that Ken is no doubt playing a game of brinksmanship. But we know a deal was agreed (announced by Ken and retweeted by Basran) and then suddenly during due diligence Basran "pulled back"....
Due diligence was always likely to cause a re-negotiation. But we were at a point on Friday, after the period of d/d where a deal was supposedly agreed. Now it seems it isn't. Given there are no supporting facts, would a sensible person think:

1.) A consortium who have been reported to be talking to the club for months, who KA announced a deal in principle with, and then has entered into a period of exclusivity with, having previously refused to enter negotiations with "tyre-kickers" who don't provide proof of funds, have suddenly not got the money? Did they bet it all on Millwall winning at the weekend or something? Or

2.) KA, someone who fails to pay a high percentage of his bills, who is on record as treating negotiations like a poker game, who almost put in admin in September, who has a history of dishonesty, has fecked around on the deal at the last minute?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:58 pm

We, as a group of players, feel extremely let down by Ken Anderson once again.

We were promised on Friday that our wages and the staff wages would be paid to us by today (Monday). Unfortunately, that hasn’t happened. With no idea of when our wages will be paid our only option is to ask the PFA to take it up with the EFL and start proceedings on our behalf.

Hopefully the issue gets resolved very soon so we can all move forward as a group and put all our focus into winning games of football and staying in the league.
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... ate-wages/

Interesting:

"A four-strong consortium led by Parminder Basran and Sharon Brittan is looking to buy Wanderers and have indicated they would pay the outstanding wages - but Anderson has dug his heels in."