Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:59 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:28 pm
A 'No Deal Flexit'!

:shock:
I think we're currently nearer Kaxit.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:57 pm

16.58 02.04.19:
Kexit

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:58 pm

Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:57 pm
16.58 02.04.19:
Kexit
No. It's still Bullxit.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Arakel
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Arakel » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:09 pm

Watford fan here.

I cannot overstate how awful of an owner Bassini was. I wouldn't wish him on anyone. I wouldn't wish him on L*ton T*wn, which should tell you how terrible he is.

Graham Taylor himself, who never had a bad word to say about anyone, thought poorly of the Red Helmet.

He nearly ruined us. He's been bankrupt multiple times. If he's involved, he's undoubtedly a front for someone else, as he was for us (the Russos). He ended up screwing the Russos and they sued him.

Do whatever you can to organise something to block him - he will ruin you, as he nearly did us. The only reason we didn't vanish from existence is the Pozzo family purchased us. Simply put, we got lucky...and Bassini tried to stop the sale. The only reason it went through in the end was the directors sold it from under him (some contractual arrangement over missed payments, I don't remember the exact details).

However bad you think this man is, he's worse. I promise you that.

Best of luck, I really have nothing against Bolton as a club and I hope you fend off this predatory, incompetent chancer.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:58 pm

Arakel wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:09 pm
Watford fan here.

I cannot overstate how awful of an owner Bassini was. I wouldn't wish him on anyone. I wouldn't wish him on L*ton T*wn, which should tell you how terrible he is.

Graham Taylor himself, who never had a bad word to say about anyone, thought poorly of the Red Helmet.

He nearly ruined us. He's been bankrupt multiple times. If he's involved, he's undoubtedly a front for someone else, as he was for us (the Russos). He ended up screwing the Russos and they sued him.

Do whatever you can to organise something to block him - he will ruin you, as he nearly did us. The only reason we didn't vanish from existence is the Pozzo family purchased us. Simply put, we got lucky...and Bassini tried to stop the sale. The only reason it went through in the end was the directors sold it from under him (some contractual arrangement over missed payments, I don't remember the exact details).

Best of luck, I really have nothing against Bolton as a club and I hope you fend off this predatory, incompetent chancer.

Thanks for dropping in, Arakel. You have just confrmed our biggest fears with this chancer. There is a chance we could be wound up if the deals doesn't go through but I suspect we will be jumping out of the frying pan into a volcano.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:07 pm

Arakel wrote:
Watford fan here.

I appreciate the sentiment but the reality is that as supporters there's nothing we can do except hope that something better crops up at the last second.

Arakel wrote:
The only reason it went through in the end was the directors sold it from under him (some contractual arrangement over missed payments, I don't remember the exact details).

As it happens, if rumours are to be believed, something similar might happen with our current owner.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:42 pm

Not sure those Newcastle signings are a fair estimate of what he'd have didn't at Bolton. They look like an attempt to replicate the players he already had (and where it worked). Wasnt sustainable any which road, mind.

Can we just have someone normal. Not sure I can take another circus.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:20 am

Guardian’s Danny Taylor on “Bankrupt Baz”. That’s Bassini, not Basran.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... forestieri

(Down at the end)

Watford Hornet
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Watford Hornet » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:43 am

As another Watford fan I can only reiterate Arakel's post.
He is the most hated person in the history of our club. Although had he not
have almost destroyed us maybe we wouldn't have got the Pozzo's.
In six years we have gone from nearly being liquidated to a top ten Premier League team
so there is always hope.
He cannot be considered "fit and proper" so bombard the FA /EFL with complaints .
I wish you luck because no club deserves this clown.
Great win yesterday against Rangers , good luck in both your current battles.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:21 am

Watford Hornet wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:43 am
As another Watford fan I can only reiterate Arakel's post.
He is the most hated person in the history of our club. Although had he not
have almost destroyed us maybe we wouldn't have got the Pozzo's.
In six years we have gone from nearly being liquidated to a top ten Premier League team
so there is always hope.
He cannot be considered "fit and proper" so bombard the FA /EFL with complaints .
I wish you luck because no club deserves this clown.
Great win yesterday against Rangers , good luck in both your current battles.

Cheers, mate. Our dilemma is that we face liquidation on Wednesday (having had a stay of execution two weeks ago). I don't suppose you know anyone with a spare £30m or so to help us out? :(
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:12 pm

Prediction:
We will not get Bought by Wednesday.
Hilary will give the judge another blank piece of paper (and having his ears felt by the EFL) the judge will do a Brexit and put it off yet again...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:19 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:12 pm
Prediction:
We will not get Bought by Wednesday.
Hilary will give the judge another blank piece of paper (and having his ears felt by the EFL) the judge will do a Brexit and put it off yet again...
Not sold may well be correct. Depending on your viewpoint, the Anderson shares would have transferred to the "mystery bidder", if it isn't transacted by Anderson, who have allegedly bought the Moonshift debt and called it in on its 14 day notice period. This mystery bidder isn't Andersons non-mystery, mystery bidder. Either way it should be a fun packed couple of days.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:19 pm

One thing I am certain of:

KA does not want credible new owners at the helm. He does want the narrative to be "And BWFC are now positive about better things ahead now Ken Anderson is no longer running the club, and xxxxxxxx are at the helm and looking to invest to take the club back to it's former glories". He doesn't want stories in the media from current and ex players about how actually they could never be certain of being paid on time and how toxic that situation really was, without the ability to respond/challenge in a kolumn. Nor, any revelations of his use or possible misuse of Inner Circle Investments in the clubs' financial dealings.

He will do everything he can to get someone like Bassini to front a takeover/investment, with Paul Aldridge remaining (as Nixon suggested), and Ken no doubt retaining a stake, and likely the ability to influence the financial transactions the club makes, and Superagent73 still responsible for arranging contracts.

All imho.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:27 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:19 pm

KA does not want credible new owners at the helm. He does want the narrative to be "And BWFC are now positive about better things ahead now Ken Anderson is no longer running the club, and xxxxxxxx are at the helm and looking to invest to take the club back to it's former glories". He doesn't want stories in the media from current and ex players about how actually they could never be certain of being paid on time and how toxic that situation really was, without the ability to respond/challenge in a kolumn. Nor, any revelations of his use or possible misuse of Inner Circle Investments in the clubs' financial dealings.

He will do everything he can to get someone like Bassini to front a takeover/investment, with Paul Aldridge remaining (as Nixon suggested), and Ken no doubt retaining a stake, and likely the ability to influence the financial transactions the club makes, and Superagent73 still responsible for arranging contracts.

All imho.
That all seems a little paranoid if you don't mind me saying.
I don't think he gives a fxck about anything apart from extracting himself with more dosh in his pocket than he started with.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:49 pm

Someone is going to have to pay the wages (and a win bonus!) this week otherwise Saturday's game could be in doubt.
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:47 pm

I've kept fairly quiet on this subject because I really don't see any way out of the club's current situation financially.
To be fair to Ken he inherited a mess brought upon by previous management who threw away Eddie's cash with some seriously bad decisions.
On the other hand Ken needed other investors early doors but chose to go it alone gambling on big money quite quickly and it backfired, the current 'buyers' make one think back to Gaddafis son supposedly purchasing the club.
We are fast becoming a joke that's broke and it's quite upsetting.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:58 am

My predictions in order of what I judge (on next to no evidence) is most likely to happen:

1. Mystery group buys the club.
2. Bassini buys us.
3. Liquidation.
4. Administration.
5. Ken remains in charge.
6. Enoch buys us, takes over as manager and we win the Champions League within four years.
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:52 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:27 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:19 pm

All imho.
That all seems a little paranoid if you don't mind me saying.
I don't think he gives a fxck about anything apart from extracting himself with more dosh in his pocket than he started with.
For once I'm completely with LLS. Ken cares not about the club or its future, positive or negative, but everything about his bank balance. If anything I think he'd love the club to have a good future then he can use that on his CV - "turned round struggling football club".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:37 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:58 am
My predictions in order of what I judge (on next to no evidence) is most likely to happen:

2. Bassini buys us.
3. Liquidation.
4. Administration.
6. Enoch buys us, takes over as manager and we win the Champions League within four years.
I reckon 1-5 are probably right. 6 you should withdraw, in case Anderson uses it to "convince the judge" that he's got a serious buyer lined up...

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:44 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:37 am
TonyDomingos wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:58 am

2. Bassini buys us.
3. Liquidation.
4. Administration.
I reckon 1-5 are probably right. 6 you should withdraw, in case Anderson uses it to "convince the judge" that he's got a serious buyer lined up...
I've never been serious in my life!