Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:42 am

Precisely! :-)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:17 am

If either Anderson or Bassini are anything to do with our club next season then that's me off to Chorley.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:18 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:17 am
If either Anderson or Bassini are anything to do with our club next season then that's me off to Chorley.
What if Bassini actually has money? What we need is someone with money prepared to invest it. I don't really care who that is so long as they can and do....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:21 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:18 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
What if Bassini actually has money? What we need is someone with money prepared to invest it. I don't really care who that is so long as they can and do....
He was banned from football in 2013. That really wants some doing. GMR interviewed a few Watford fans on their way in to OT on Saturday. To say that they were less than complimentary would be to understate. Money or none, be very careful what you wish for, my friend.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:35 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:21 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
He was banned from football in 2013. That really wants some doing. GMR interviewed a few Watford fans on their way in to OT on Saturday. To say that they were less than complimentary would be to understate. Money or none, be very careful what you wish for, my friend.
Absolutely I'd prefer a fan with more money than sense who wants to bankroll us. Or someone without a dodgy past.

I'm incredibly wary - but for me, given the league are apparently insisting the money is deposited before they will approve - if its Bassini with some money or liquidation - I'd choose Bassini.

If as rumoured he has some serious footballing heavyweights involved like Dave Richards and would put former directors on the board - then it is simply a question of what money has he got and how.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:54 am

It's possible Bassini is this year's Holdsworth: over-eager front-man soon to be eased out.

What I don't understand is why Bassini, according to his own quotes in the Telegraph, has already got Dave Richards on board as chairman – *and* John WIlliams (14 years at Blackburn, then 3yrs PGMOL, then 18months at WBA), too. I can see that Richards is well-connected, albeit perhaps that his connections may now distance themselves after a less than dignified end to his time at the Premier League. I have nothing against Williams. What I don't see is how the parade of them all work together. If Richards is chairman, what's Bassini's role precisely? And what about Williams? And who precisely is providing the money – or not, as the case may be?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:13 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:54 am
It's possible Bassini is this year's Holdsworth: over-eager front-man soon to be eased out.

What I don't understand is why Bassini, according to his own quotes in the Telegraph, has already got Dave Richards on board as chairman – *and* John WIlliams (14 years at Blackburn, then 3yrs PGMOL, then 18months at WBA), too. I can see that Richards is well-connected, albeit perhaps that his connections may now distance themselves after a less than dignified end to his time at the Premier League. I have nothing against Williams. What I don't see is how the parade of them all work together. If Richards is chairman, what's Bassini's role precisely? And what about Williams? And who precisely is providing the money – or not, as the case may be?
Aye to me it seems like a stunt. Possibly orchestrated by Ken to flush out a buyer. Pretend Bassini is close to buying. I struggle to see where Bassini has the £10M plus from to buy us - which is what would be required - then the ability to fund ongoing costs.

BUT - IF he does - then I prefer that to not having a club anymore.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:44 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Unless he's won the pools, we're fairly sure he doesn't.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:50 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:44 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Unless he's won the pools, we're fairly sure he doesn't.
Indeed. And if he hasn't then he won't be able to proceed....

The difference this time is that the immediate cash required to complete is far higher than last time. Where Deano's borrowed 5M was enough for a long while...with the can being kicked down the road. This time Ken needs £5M minimum. Plus over £1M on the court winder....plus other immediate stakeholders...plus outstanding wages.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:59 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:13 pm

Aye to me it seems like a stunt. Possibly orchestrated by Ken to flush out a buyer. Pretend Bassini is close to buying. I struggle to see where Bassini has the £10M plus from to buy us - which is what would be required - then the ability to fund ongoing costs.

Went over this idea on Saturday. If it's a stunt, Bassini is on board with it. I struggle to see what's in it for Bassini to be a stooge in someone else's game. The only remotely plausible possibility – bar the promise of a slap-up meal from a beneficent Ken, in which case he's dafter than we think – is that he can then try some other club and say "look I nearly bought Bolton, clearly I'm Back In The Game, Baby!!"

Either that or he genuinely thinks he's buying the club, in which case why's the money not coming forward? Oh yeah, forgot... so we now have a provenly questionable seller and a provenly questionable buyer... long 48 hrs coming up...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:04 pm

Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:59 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:13 pm

Went over this idea on Saturday. If it's a stunt, Bassini is on board with it. I struggle to see what's in it for Bassini to be a stooge in someone else's game. The only remotely plausible possibility – bar the promise of a slap-up meal from a beneficent Ken, in which case he's dafter than we think – is that he can then try some other club and say "look I nearly bought Bolton, clearly I'm Back In The Game, Baby!!"

Either that or he genuinely thinks he's buying the club, in which case why's the money not coming forward? Oh yeah, forgot... so we now have a provenly questionable seller and a provenly questionable buyer... long 48 hrs coming up...
££££££! "Oi Laurence mate - if you go along with this, I'll give you 5% of what I make".

Not bad for essentially doing nothing.

Wild conspiracy theory - but its all I've got.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:09 pm

There is the possibility he's not the one with any dough (and some other backer involved with him has it) - but then you'd have to question why they'd put this fruit loop up front in the deal, rather than someone normal.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:29 pm

Putting all sentiments aside, in terms of big-money businessmen as opposed to get-rich-quick chancers, which of them would actually see buying Bolton Wanderers as a sensible move? I don't even pretend to be financially knowlegable beyond man-in-the-street level, but apart from tax evasion.....??
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:29 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Unless he's won the pools
Not very 21st century!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:34 pm

Enoch wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:29 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Unless he's won the pools
Not very 21st century!
Bloody yoof.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:34 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:09 pm
There is the possibility he's not the one with any dough (and some other backer involved with him has it) - but then you'd have to question why they'd put this fruit loop up front in the deal, rather than someone normal.
Possibly cos they are a fellow fruit loop? Perhaps for his connections.

I think its a 1% chance he has the money. A 5% chance he's acting on behalf of someone who does. A 10% chance he's put a batty consortium together.
And 84% chance that this goes absolutely nowhere....

88% of my percentages are completely made up....

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:35 pm

As per Howard on WW, Ken has, apparently, challenged the validity of the share recall.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:46 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:35 pm
As per Howard on WW, Ken has, apparently, challenged the validity of the share recall.
That's a good way of wasting some time. He'll no doubt have a few more up his sleeve.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:49 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:35 pm
A random bloke on a random forum changing his story seemingly daily to suit the current situation - he may well have intimate knowledge of something that seemingly very few really do - or possibly not. I'd take with a huge pinch of salt myself.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:58 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:12 pm
Prediction:
We will not get Bought by Wednesday.
Hilary will give the judge another blank piece of paper (and having his ears felt by the EFL) the judge will do a Brexit and put it off yet again...

My prediction is that your prediction will be proved right. Certainly the not being bought part anyway.