It's on god dammit! It's sooofolking on! BWFC v Ipswich 6/4/2019 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: It's on god dammit! It's sooofolking on! BWFC v Ipswich 6/4/2019 3pm

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:58 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:57 pm
Because of the... IT?!
Tickets probably checked against the IT system...

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:11 pm

It's Chris Grayling's fault.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:35 pm

We haven't paid the leccy bill....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:08 pm

We truly are a 4ucking laughing stock. Thanks, Ken!
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:47 pm

I was feeling so good about tomorrow; got a bad feeling in the guts now.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:32 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:47 pm
Imagine being an Ipswich fan. Almost certainly relegated but you might win this one. Now you don't know whether or not you've got a five-hour drive in the morning.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:20 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:32 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:47 pm
Imagine being an Ipswich fan. Almost certainly relegated but you might win this one. Now you don't know whether or not you've got a five-hour drive in the morning.
I'd rather not D.S.B . Bad enough being a Bolton fan; at least they pay their bills. COME ON YOU WHITES..... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:48 pm

Very relevant question in the B.N. Comments section: "Who is going to pay the I.T.technicians to work through the night?"..What a sad situation at a fine old club, all down to greed and bad handling over the game of football. I really want K.A to do one as quick as he knows how.

OrtonCakeBingoBongo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by OrtonCakeBingoBongo » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:15 pm

Seems there's been some doubt as to whether tomorrow's game will go ahead..

Won't be making the trip, with all respect we'll most likely be going there next season in League One, by that I mean you've got a chance of staying up but realistically is it too late. You'll be playing a team with nothing to lose, I'd imagine Lambert will let some of the kids have a run out or as yet non-regulars to the first team to provide them a chance of what they can bring to the side.

Actually I feel little in the way of motivation for tomorrow. We're a relegated team as it is and while performances may have improved in recent weeks the wins have not been forthcoming with it. I think Lambert is over praised at times, his win record since October here is in truth sub-standard but many of the fan base continue to give plaudits regardless of what happens out there.

You have to win tomorrow, Yes it's stating the obvious, but there's still a chance of survival for you. Better to be in that position than ourselves. Hope it's a good game but not sure how many of ours will bother to make the trip up, especially with all the recent farce of whether it'll even go ahead or not.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:25 pm

Can someone tell me in English what the fck is the issue with tomorrow’s game?

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:42 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:25 pm
Can someone tell me in English what the fck is the issue with tomorrow’s game?
There has been a major IT systems failure apparently. People reporting they are being told phones, ticketing systems, broadband, computer network all down.

Engineers working through the night, update expected early morning.

Iles tweeted "Everything that could crash, has crashed"

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:55 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:48 pm
Very relevant question in the B.N. Comments section: "Who is going to pay the I.T.technicians to work through the night?"..What a sad situation at a fine old club, all down to greed and bad handling over the game of football. I really want K.A to do one as quick as he knows how.
Have to say I am starting to feel intense sadness rather than anything else.

Whilst this latest IT failure might just be bad luck and bad timing, we have to remember that KA at no point suggested he was going to pay the non-playing staff to get this match on in the first place, and it sounds like Michael James had to do it.

All through the season KA with actions leading to player strikes, almost admin in September, public spats with ex-players over non-payment of contractual bonuses, winding up orders everywhere, not paying most bills etc etc, KA has shown alarming lack of respect for himself, our club and the game in general.

It is starting look like a drunk pissing himself in public, and going into his own corner shop and coming out with another bottle of vodka. It is becoming very sad, above anything else.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:06 am

OrtonCakeBingoBongo wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:15 pm

Won't be making the trip, with all respect we'll most likely be going there next season in League One, by that I mean you've got a chance of staying up but realistically is it too late. You'll be playing a team with nothing to lose, I'd imagine Lambert will let some of the kids have a run out or as yet non-regulars to the first team to provide them a chance of what they can bring to the side.

Actually I feel little in the way of motivation for tomorrow. We're a relegated team as it is and while performances may have improved in recent weeks the wins have not been forthcoming with it. I think Lambert is over praised at times, his win record since October here is in truth sub-standard but many of the fan base continue to give plaudits regardless of what happens out there.

You have to win tomorrow, Yes it's stating the obvious, but there's still a chance of survival for you. Better to be in that position than ourselves. Hope it's a good game but not sure how many of ours will bother to make the trip up, especially with all the recent farce of whether it'll even go ahead or not.

I've seen a retweet from our local journo suggesting that you're bringing 1,300. I was surprised by that, though I suppose if you're going to get one more away win, it will be most likely at our gaff.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:27 am

:spank:
TonyDomingos wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:06 am
OrtonCakeBingoBongo wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:15 pm

I've seen a retweet from our local journo suggesting that you're bringing 1,300. I was surprised by that, though I suppose if you're going to get one more away win, it will be most likely at our gaff.
:spank:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:30 am

Game on if any one isn't aware
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:29 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:30 am
So glad. It had all the appearances of dodgieness? Harry. Not heard that one before. Up there with under-soil heating failure as classics. (-:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:19 am

Ken will probably blame the Russians, everyone else does to cover incompetence.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:34 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:30 am
Our defence, usually :D

COYWM

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:59 am

Dangerous game. Ipswich, not a care in the world now; nothing to lose, season over as far as importance goes, so, they'll probably come out and play with style and not worry too much about defence. Okay, it's surmising, but they won't be playing fairy godfathers. We really need to play today, there's still a glimmer of hope, so....COME ON YOU WHITES........at em..... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

ae:)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:54 am

Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 11.11.12.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 11.11.12.png (129.22 KiB) Viewed 2264 times
Two away wins in a year. One this season. As I've said, I don't mind Ipswich but with all respect (to use Orton's phrase) if we can't win this then we really don't deserve anything but relegation. Almost equally, Ipswich will rightly see this as one of their most winnable games of the season, but they couldn't score against us at their place – indeed, they and Derby are the only teams not to have scored against us yet.

Given they're unlikely to come and try to contain us, which often leads to utter confusion among our ranks. Quick reminder that we've lost all the games in which we've had majority possession (as well as a shedload in which we haven't, but that's by the by):
Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 11.25.41.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 11.25.41.png (95.85 KiB) Viewed 2264 times
And that with the notable exception of the horror day in Pieland, we're actually quite useful against teams at the bottom. If you make a mini-league of the bottom eight teams' results against each other, it gives a curious light-headed feeling:
Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 11.52.26.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 11.52.26.png (34.88 KiB) Viewed 2264 times
Anyway, if Ipswich do try to come at us, and hopefully with the same lack of success they (and we) have displayed for most of the season, we might be able to get something. Whether it matters or not is another question.