It's on god dammit! It's sooofolking on! BWFC v Ipswich 6/4/2019 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Re: It's on god dammit! It's sooofolking on! BWFC v Ipswich 6/4/2019 3pm

Post by nelson66 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:59 pm

time for a clear out
Owners
Managers
First Team Squad

Can't believe we set up to play this way against the worst team in the league...... defeated before we started...... :(
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:01 pm

well, at least Paul Heathcote came to all the tables to explain the situation with why there was no catering. £170,000 they're owed and been owed for 6 weeks. Decided this morning to not do any catering, and Paul Aldridge was begging him to carry on, and he refused. Oh, and the safety steward in charge of getting the Health & Safety Certificate resigned as well because he hasn't been paid. And the IT guy was told if he didn't get this thing on the road, it was down to him!

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:02 pm

The only bright spot of the day - was Bury losing their third game on the trot and falling out of the automatic promotion spots...
Maybe we will be saved from the ignominy of having to play them next season

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:07 pm

There are no bright spots.
Our club, this team, the owners and management, along with our country, parliament, government and politicians are all going to the fxcking dogs.
I blame my parents.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:08 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:38 pm
Christ that was bad. I'm not sure I can motivate myself to go again on Tuesday. The sooner this shit season is over and the manager and the bulk of this rubbish have left us, the better
Absolutely stone-cold could not blame you, Harry. I mean, it's Tony Pulis's Boro, who've lost six on the bounce and got done 3-1 at Swansea today - two down at half-time (and two assists by our old mate Bersant Celina). He's going to be even more safety-first, grind-it-out than usual. So they have no intention to entertain and we have no ability to do so.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:12 pm

twilight wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:01 pm
well, at least Paul Heathcote came to all the tables to explain the situation with why there was no catering. £170,000 they're owed and been owed for 6 weeks. Decided this morning to not do any catering, and Paul Aldridge was begging him to carry on, and he refused. Oh, and the safety steward in charge of getting the Health & Safety Certificate resigned as well because he hasn't been paid. And the IT guy was told if he didn't get this thing on the road, it was down to him!
Jesus. Thanks for the insight (both you and Heathcote).
nelson66 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:02 pm
The only bright spot of the day - was Bury losing their third game on the trot and falling out of the automatic promotion spots...
Maybe we will be saved from the ignominy of having to play them next season
I'll f*cking take that, for sure... we're gonna be on a par with Accrington and Mansfield (star striker: Tyler Walker, 20 goals in 39 games), in a division below Luton and probably Wigan (which hasn't happened all that often but still hurts), the last thing we need is the Shakers claiming parity...

Current four in the L2 play-off spaces: Bury, Tranmere, our old mates Forest Green and ohchristhowfar Exeter... pick a favourite destination...
Last edited by Dave Sutton's barnet on Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:13 pm

twilight wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:01 pm
Shocking. I though staff had been paid (by the EFL directly is the rumour)? Is this from the suite?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:44 pm

^ I heard that via a steward today that it was the EFL who paid the wages
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:12 pm

What was it Shaun Garvey said about Kenneth a few months ago? When the dust has settled we’ll realise he is/was a good owner and we definitely had enough cash to see us through to the end of the season?

Leyther71
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Leyther71 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:39 pm

Is all off this painfully drawn out mess a tactic to make liquidation seem acceptable.

A phoenix club in the conference (or worse) gets a little bit less nightmarish by each calamitous day that passes.

Parkinson has retained some dignity through this process in terms of his demeanour. In terms of everything else the guy is a clueless, negative tit.

Watching the cup semi - and having the Stoke flashbacks - made me realise that we've had 1 enjoyable season since then?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:13 pm

Leyther71 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:39 pm
Watching the cup semi - and having the Stoke flashbacks - made me realise that we've had 1 enjoyable season since then?
Aye, possibly, depending on your definition of enjoyment. As I've said, three of the last four seasons have produced three of the four lowest goals-scored-per-game averages in the club's history (the other being 1970/71).

WTW
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WTW » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:53 pm

I left at half time. I last did that in 1963!

OrtonCakeBingoBongo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by OrtonCakeBingoBongo » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:25 am

Looks like curtains for you know. Shame really, as Bolton are a big club and it's easy to say you don't deserve to be back in the third league of football, but results haven't been good enough and too many losses and setbacks have occurred. We're in the very same situation.

Not sure what else to say. Yes we're pleased with the victory but what of it ? No use to us, we're a relegated team win lose or draw and it's been easily one of - if not the worst - season I've endured following my club. We can both look back on past achievements and brighter days but the reality is it's two clubs that have fallen away badly from years before and they'll be playing League One in a few months because they're by and large not good enough and simply put, poor and tepid.

Possessing an owner most fail to recognise and despised by many of it's respective supporters doesn't help either.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:30 am

Desite our optimism and hope Bongo, and me having permanently rose-coloured eye-balls, we pretty much accept that everybody expects to beat Bolton. Reason is, as you say, we just aren't good enough for this league due to all sorts of reasons; player sales, injuries, rubbish performances, no training, strikes, non-paid staff, lack of fight and mainly a complete shambles of management and ownership. Unless we reverse things in every direction we could well be down another league next year. Sad, but unfortunately true.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:10 pm

Played 40
Scores 29 !!!!!!!!!!
Conceded 66

And we still persist with playing only 1 up top

I don't think we will double drop (provided we still exist at the end of the season) as League 1 is a poor standard
And league two is a glorified pub league
However
Our away form has been ok
Our home form/tactics have been awful

No plan B has resulted in relegation -- we needed a radical shake up in Nov/Dec -- it never happened and we've stuck with the same manager,,, the same tactics..... and we've reaped whats been sown..

Dark days indeed :(

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:11 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:10 pm
Played 40
Scores 29 !!!!!!!!!!
Conceded 66

And we still persist with playing only 1 up top

No plan B has resulted in relegation -- we needed a radical shake up in Nov/Dec -- it never happened and we've stuck with the same manager,,, the same tactics..... and we've reaped whats been sown..Dark days indeed :(
So much could have been different with a manager who accepted you don't win games by camping in your own half.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:00 pm

There are so many Bolton fans I know who have asked me how did I go on relinquishing my team card DD. I simply refused to pay. I did get a letter and a phone call but that was it. Until the current ownership are rid these fans don't want to give the club another penny.
I didn't go yesterday, I had no intentions of doing so. I have to many since I cancelled my DD but not been entertained one bit.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:01 pm

We could play all of out strikers on the pitch at the same time and they still wouldn't average more than 0.8 goals per game or whatever it's been.

It's not about the formation. It's about them not being very good at kicking the ball in the direction of the goal.

Imaging if we played 2, or 3 up top..

That record would be more like...

Played 40
Scored 7
Conceded 632
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:16 pm

It has to be the poorest front line this league has ever seen - Maggenis, Donaldo with a brief cameo from Doidge.