Boiled eggs and Caliphate soldiers.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Boiled eggs and Caliphate soldiers.

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:16 pm

Well, I'd say that it's exactly what sets us poles apart from "off-with-their-heads mentality", Tango. We differ, and that's fine.

The whole issue regarding the granting of (or indeed, the refusal to grant) Legal Aid does seem to excite people though.
I remember our very own Public Enemy No.1, Mr El Hadji Diouf, getting done for drink driving. Now, notwithstanding his deplorable misdemeanour, The Sun (and one assumes The Mail and others too) jumped all over the fact that he'd been granted an element of Legal Aid. 'Multi-millionaire footballer, Johnny Foreigner comes round here, breaks our laws and WE have to pay for it' etc.
The Legal Aid system provides in all cases a translator for those to whom English isn't their first language. This isn't just for the benefit of the accused, it's to protect the Crown against claims of 'my client didn't understand' and so on. This was the part of Legal Aid afforded Diouf. That's all.
Not that I've had much exposure to it, but I've had enough to learn that the entire system is one hell of a tangled web.
The Diouf case alone, I find, leads me away from drawing conclusions as to who should and shouldn't receive it until I've considered both sides.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:14 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:16 pm
The Legal Aid system provides in all cases a translator for those to whom English isn't their first language.
One imagines the young lady's first language isn't Bengali as we know she isn't Bangladeshi. Maybe she speaks Dutch.

I'm with you though, let the law take its course. Even if it is an ass.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:47 pm

A spokesman for the Legal Aid Practitioner's Group said "If we are going to have access to Justice and the rule of law in the UK then blah blah blah..."

I rest my case. The cxnt isn't in the UK. She voluntarily fxcked off to the Islamic State. I suggest she taps into their renowned Islamic legal aid fund.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:45 pm

Enoch wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:14 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
The Legal Aid system provides in all cases a translator for those to whom English isn't their first language.
One imagines the young lady's first language isn't Bengali as we know she isn't Bangladeshi. Maybe she speaks Dutch.

Sorry, Enoch. That was in specific reference to the Diouf case, not hers.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:01 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:45 pm
Enoch wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I got that, Bruce.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:04 pm

Enoch wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:01 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:45 pm
Enoch wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I got that, Bruce.

I guess it could be considered fortunate to be Non-Bangladeshi.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:26 pm

Sri Lanka - The Islamic State (IS) group claimed the attack on Tuesday via its news outlet.

This must be bullshit because The Donald tells us that they no longer exist. That he's whipped their sorry arses! :conf:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:52 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:26 pm
Sri Lanka - The Islamic State (IS) group claimed the attack on Tuesday via its news outlet.

This must be bullshit because The Donald tells us that they no longer exist. That he's whipped their sorry arses! :conf:
He well and truly whipped one Islamic State's sorry arses. There can be no denying that. But, however, Muslims will keep on coming up with this idea of a universal Caliphate. And they keep on insisting that they will achieve it, insha'Allah, through jihad donchaknow, Allahu Akbarrrrrrrr... ad nauseum.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:29 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:52 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:

He well and truly whipped one Islamic State's sorry arses. There can be no denying that. But, however, Muslims will keep on coming up with this idea of a universal Caliphate. And they keep on insisting that they will achieve it, insha'Allah, through jihad donchaknow, Allahu Akbarrrrrrrr... ad nauseum.
And in the unlikely event of that ever happening, er, what happens next?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:22 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:29 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

We all live in peace, apparently.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:37 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:22 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:29 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

We all live in peace, apparently.
Ah, so just like today's Middle East!

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:35 am

We don't read much of this in the UK. Christians still being murdered in Nigeria by Boko Haram and Fulani. 6000 in 2018 and 850 in the first four months of this year.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.