Roll up, roll up, Place Your Bets on the Tory Lottery

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will be the next Tory Ming the Merciless?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:28 pm

Boris Johnson
36%
Dominic Raab
27%
Michael Gove
18%
Penny Mordaunt
9%
Jeremy Hunt
No votes
Andrea Leadsome
No votes
Sajid Javid
No votes
Rory Stewart
9%
Esther McVey
No votes
Matt Hancock
No votes
Liz Truss
No votes
Graham Brady
No votes
Mark Harper
No votes
Kit Malthouse
No votes
James Cleverly
No votes
Steve Baker
No votes
Some OtherWanker
No votes

Total votes: 11

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Roll up, roll up, Place Your Bets on the Tory Lottery

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 25, 2019 10:50 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 9:44 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 8:28 pm
malcd1 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:49 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:19 pm
malcd1 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:15 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:03 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:16 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 5:56 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 5:49 pm
I think it'll be BoJo. Tough to see them keeping him off the final two and the members will defo pick him.

We're fecked either way as the Tory party membership is insane and they'll pick the nuttiest of whichever two are put forward. And there will be at least one nutter to placate the nutter MPs.

Fecking Leadsome would be my other prediction.
Take Rory Stewart off that list and they are all absolutely vile nutters.

I like Rory. He’s got absolutely fecking no chance. Only way to be Tory leader is to be a vile nutjob type. Given they are all much of a muchness I won’t care which of them wins. I know I will be voting tactically against them come a GE regardless.
I just knew that freak creep would attract someones vote, Freddie Starr would make a better PM than him and he's dead!

Oh as for Amber Dudd the Tories would never ever even interest me in voting for them if they find her a safe seat, otherwise she's toast.
I like Stewart. He has no chance. But I like him. But given the penchant for angry right wing extremists, or Trump lite characters that’s what we will end up with.
You like Rory Stewart? Anything to do with him voting remain in the Brexit vote?

What is your definition of a vile nutjob? Anyone who voted leave? Mmmm. And you call other people nutjobs.
Voting leave doesn’t make you a vile nut job. It’s just the majority of vile nut jobs voted leave.

What is wrong with Rory? A moderate, practical, intelligent and thoughtful centrist.
I didn't say there was anything wrong with Rory Stewart. He seems like a decent politician. I questioned why you like a Tory and was it because he voted Remain? I suspect that is the main reason behind it.
Why wouldn’t I like a Tory? I’d probably vote for them if Stewart or Ken Clarke or Grieve were their leader. I crave a more moderate Labour leader. A more moderate Tory one. Frankly one that isn’t peddling right wing populism would be a start but that list is bereft of options there.
:lol: :lol: :lol: all remaniacs to boot :lol: :lol: :lol:
And which non Brexiteers are you in favour of?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun May 26, 2019 3:00 am

That Rory Stewart's an astute politician, ain't 'he?

Declares himself as a candidate in a leadership election he can't possibly win and immediately c*nts off the party membership's poster boy. Thereby assuring himself of a seat at the top table should anyone other than Johnson win.

Still, at least he's a moderate, practical, intelligent and thoughtful centrist.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 26, 2019 7:56 am

Enoch wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 3:00 am
That Rory Stewart's an astute politician, ain't 'he?

Declares himself as a candidate in a leadership election he can't possibly win and immediately c*nts off the party membership's poster boy. Thereby assuring himself of a seat at the top table should anyone other than Johnson win.

Still, at least he's a moderate, practical, intelligent and thoughtful centrist.
Or perhaps someone with some actual integrity.

Unlike others who in the past have said they wouldn’t work with Boris, now seeing he will likely win, rowing back on past statements.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon May 27, 2019 1:29 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 4:28 pm
I'm not asking who you think will be the best candidate, merely who will win the beauty contest.

On the strength of the question I'd go Leadsom, purely on her being in that certain age bracket. Next, that scouse c*nt McVey, her being a bird and all.

After that? I'm not really into shirt lifting.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon May 27, 2019 8:24 am

I’ve got a feeling it will be Raab. Superficially he appears a bit more professional and presentable than Boris while he still satisfies the desire for a harder Brexit.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon May 27, 2019 10:18 am

jimbo wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:24 am
I’ve got a feeling it will be Raab. Superficially he appears a bit more professional and presentable than Boris while he still satisfies the desire for a harder Brexit.
Well he won't be getting my vote being an ex lawyer (I THINK) automatically rules him out, don't trust the triple forked tongue charlatans.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon May 27, 2019 11:28 am

Hoboh wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 10:18 am
jimbo wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:24 am
Well he won't be getting my vote being an ex lawyer (I THINK) automatically rules him out, don't trust the triple forked tongue charlatans.
He wouldn’t be my choice either. I think he might do quite well though.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon May 27, 2019 11:39 am

I wish I'd held my vote back. Just seen Steve Baker being interviewed. I reckon he's in with a big chance.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 28, 2019 9:20 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 11:39 am
I wish I'd held my vote back. Just seen Steve Baker being interviewed. I reckon he's in with a big chance.
You think he'll get MPs backing? I cannot see it for a second. But then again I struggle to predict the bonkers Tory party at the best of times.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Tue May 28, 2019 9:33 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 9:20 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
You think he'll get MPs backing? I cannot see it for a second. But then again I struggle to predict the bonkers Tory party at the best of times.
How big’s the ERG? Could he get to the final 2 just with their backing?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 28, 2019 9:36 am

jimbo wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 9:33 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Nobody knows for sure - 60? 80? But there is Baker, Raab and Johnson all from the ERG. McVey as well I think. So unlikely that Baker would command their full support.

Its possible of course that a Baker or someone like that carries support of the "anyone but Boris" brigade - but they'd all have to unite behind a candidate they don't like which seems somewhat unlikely.

Way I see it is the more candidates (and there are 10 already) the better for Boris - he'd be struggling with say 4 or 5 because a fair chance for party to unite behind two of those to keep him out. But as there are more candidates he might swing it with a smaller group of support initially.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue May 28, 2019 2:08 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 9:36 am
jimbo wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Nobody knows for sure - 60? 80? But there is Baker, Raab and Johnson all from the ERG. McVey as well I think. So unlikely that Baker would command their full support.

Its possible of course that a Baker or someone like that carries support of the "anyone but Boris" brigade - but they'd all have to unite behind a candidate they don't like which seems somewhat unlikely.

Way I see it is the more candidates (and there are 10 already) the better for Boris - he'd be struggling with say 4 or 5 because a fair chance for party to unite behind two of those to keep him out. But as there are more candidates he might swing it with a smaller group of support initially.
Johnson's not in the ERG. Never has been... :roll:

The one thing about the ERG is that they are essentially uncompromising. As each candidate that gets eliminated reduces their core support, the more fanatical they'll become.
Raab, Leadsome, and Baker. It all depends which two out of the three gets eliminated first.
As I said, after hearing him speak I think Raab will go before him (if he stands).
I at least know Who is in the ERG.
I think the Tories as a whole have had enough of women leaders for a while. The final two will likely have an ERGer in there, so a toss up between Raab and Baker.
The MPs won't put forward Johnson and an ERGer, and the membership will go for the hardest Brexiteer.

It hasn't actually been decided yet how many candidates will be put to the 'selectorate'.
Everybody assumes two, but that isn't written in stone. The 1922 committee may well say four candidates just so they can still have a chance of back stabber back sliding Gove and Johnson in there with a Leave wimp and an ERGer. YHIHF.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 28, 2019 2:27 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:08 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
jimbo wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

The one thing about the ERG is that they are essentially uncompromising. As each candidate that gets eliminated reduces their core support, the more fanatical they'll become.
Raab, Leadsome, and Baker. It all depends which two out of the three gets eliminated first.
As I said, after hearing him speak I think Raab will go before him (if he stands).
I think the Tories as a whole have had enough of women leaders for a while. The final two will likely have an ERGer in there, so a toss up between Raab and Baker.
The MPs won't put forward Johnson and an ERGer, and the membership will go for the hardest Brexiteer.

It hasn't actually been decided yet how many candidates will be put to the 'selectorate'.
Everybody assumes two, but that isn't written in stone. The 1922 committee may well say four candidates just so they can still have a chance of back stabber back sliding Gove and Johnson in there with a Leave wimp and an ERGer. YHIHF.
Nobody knows for sure who is in the ERG do they? And there are often rumours...

Anyhow as far as Johnson is concerned whether he’s in it or not or has attended meetings or not...Mogg was championing him...so effectively ERG endorsed. Gove is in but I suspect won’t receive the same endorsement.

If Johnson is in the selectorate choice he’s a shoe in. Says everything about who the selectorate are...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue May 28, 2019 2:41 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:27 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
jimbo wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Anyhow as far as Johnson is concerned whether he’s in it or not or has attended meetings or not...Mogg was championing him...so effectively ERG endorsed. Gove is in but I suspect won’t receive the same endorsement.

If Johnson is in the selectorate choice he’s a shoe in. Says everything about who the selectorate are...
As even Wikipedia states, ERG membership is simple to discern: Subscribers to the pooled service provided by the European Research Group can be identified on the IPSA records of Parliamentary expenses. ERG subscriptions are taxpayer funded through IPSA. As an unincorporated association the group does not publish membership details or annual accounts.
Johnson is not a member.

If Johnson is in the selectorate choice of four he's odds on. He mostly likely won't make the cut for a choice of two - he's much more popular with the 'public' than his 'colleagues'.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue May 28, 2019 2:47 pm

ERG 55 members
Bim Afolami
Steve Baker
Guto Bebb
Andrew Bridgen
Christopher Chope
James Cleverly
Therese Coffey
Robert Courts
David Davis
Jonathan Djanogly
Jackie Doyle-Price
James Duddridge
Iain Duncan Smith
Charlie Elphicke
Suella Braverman
Liam Fox
Mark Francois
David Gauke
Michael Gove
Chris Grayling
Chris Heaton-Harris
Gerald Howarth
Stewart Jackson
Sajid Javid
Bernard Jenkin
Daniel Kawczynski
Eleanor Laing
Pauline Latham
Andrea Leadsom
Brandon Lewis
Peter Lilley
Tim Loughton
Craig Mackinlay
Kit Malthouse
Stephen McPartland
Nigel Mills
Penny Mordaunt
James Morris
David Nuttall
Owen Paterson
John Penrose
Chris Pincher
Jacob Rees-Mogg
David Ruffley
Alec Shelbrooke
Mark Simmonds
Henry Smith
Desmond Swayne
Michael Tomlinson
Martin Vickers
David Warburton
Angela Watkinson
John Whittingdale
Bill Wiggin
Mike Wood
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue May 28, 2019 8:34 pm

Bunch of fascists!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 29, 2019 8:34 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:41 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:27 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
jimbo wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

As even Wikipedia states, ERG membership is simple to discern: Subscribers to the pooled service provided by the European Research Group can be identified on the IPSA records of Parliamentary expenses. ERG subscriptions are taxpayer funded through IPSA. As an unincorporated association the group does not publish membership details or annual accounts.
Johnson is not a member.

If Johnson is in the selectorate choice of four he's odds on. He mostly likely won't make the cut for a choice of two - he's much more popular with the 'public' than his 'colleagues'.
As wikipedia also states there has long been rumours of a wider membership not revealed by IPSA.

As for Johnson - agreed he's not popular with his colleagues - but he is coming second based on public declarations of support by Tory MPs (145) have declared. Hunt is top.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed May 29, 2019 11:36 am

Hunt will not command the support of the grass root rank and file

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 29, 2019 11:38 am

Hoboh wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 11:36 am
Hunt will not command the support of the grass root rank and file
Indeed. Which is why its hard to see past Boris - unless the MPs stop him. Which right now, doesn't see to be happening.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed May 29, 2019 2:02 pm

Enoch wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 8:34 pm
Bunch of fascists!
Different thread mate. You need to be on the Roll Up Roll Up Place Your Bets on the Italian Lottery thread.
Caio Mussolini.
Lorenzo Lotti.
Roberto Canali.
Alessandra Mussolini.

Now That's Who I Call Fascists 106!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください