Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Branagan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Branagan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:21 pm

What I meant was, FV want the hotel otherwise they aren't so keen on the club anymore. That's how I've interpreted what I've read. Whether it's true or not... Either way, I'm going to sit down tonight and work out who's on which panic station.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:25 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:51 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:57 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:35 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:39 pm
Also remember FV have put in a 1M non refundable deposit. And administrators have recently made payments to some creditors including the training ground operators and some youth teamers. These are not actions of admins expecting to be liquidating the business in the next few weeks. Clearly there has to be some concern but suggest some reports have been more alarmist than necessary. Though till it’s done it’s not done.
It does feel like there's been a cock-up splitting the hotel part off from the Club part and running them with different timelines and different administrators. From what Iles last suggested, if the two weren't interlinked then the SPA on the Club should be all but complete by now, but given no bugger seems to have signed anything, then irrespective of the £1m, it looks like one isn't going to complete without the other...
Certainly seems like complications around the split. But that split was down to the circumstances of two separate parties putting each into admin.

I’m not sure it’s as clear cut as one is dependent upon the other but related issues absolutely. Admins have said that completion does not rely on hotel completing.....
I hear what the Admins have said that one not reliant on the other. So question is what's the hold-up? There only appear to be a couple of options - the amount owed out is being contested (i.e. Moonshift/Anderson contesting "how much") or Spotty's "£4m (or other amount) hole" in the basic offer. Surely if it was nothing to do with Hotel and the amounts owed/no financial hole are all covered, then you'd think they'd complete like yesterday.
Yep all I’m getting is ‘deal is more complex than it appears and takes time but everyone is relaxed’.

BTW - I note the player I mentioned in a PM played in the behind closed doors friendly today....Wheater also!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:26 pm

If it's the white charger that went missing from my bedside table, well that'd solve a mystery

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:27 pm

Branagan wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:21 pm
What I meant was, FV want the hotel otherwise they aren't so keen on the club anymore. That's how I've interpreted what I've read. Whether it's true or not... Either way, I'm going to sit down tonight and work out who's on which panic station.
What is this, Monopoly?
Anybody can buy a fxcking hotel! All you need is dosh, or four houses.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:25 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:51 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:57 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:35 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:39 pm
Also remember FV have put in a 1M non refundable deposit. And administrators have recently made payments to some creditors including the training ground operators and some youth teamers. These are not actions of admins expecting to be liquidating the business in the next few weeks. Clearly there has to be some concern but suggest some reports have been more alarmist than necessary. Though till it’s done it’s not done.
It does feel like there's been a cock-up splitting the hotel part off from the Club part and running them with different timelines and different administrators. From what Iles last suggested, if the two weren't interlinked then the SPA on the Club should be all but complete by now, but given no bugger seems to have signed anything, then irrespective of the £1m, it looks like one isn't going to complete without the other...
Certainly seems like complications around the split. But that split was down to the circumstances of two separate parties putting each into admin.

I’m not sure it’s as clear cut as one is dependent upon the other but related issues absolutely. Admins have said that completion does not rely on hotel completing.....
I hear what the Admins have said that one not reliant on the other. So question is what's the hold-up? There only appear to be a couple of options - the amount owed out is being contested (i.e. Moonshift/Anderson contesting "how much") or Spotty's "£4m (or other amount) hole" in the basic offer. Surely if it was nothing to do with Hotel and the amounts owed/no financial hole are all covered, then you'd think they'd complete like yesterday.
Yep all I’m getting is ‘deal is more complex than it appears and takes time but everyone is relaxed’.

BTW - I note the player I mentioned in a PM played in the behind closed doors friendly today....Wheater also!
Yup - did indeed. And we scored TWO goals....admittedly letting 3 in at the other end :-( But that's because we're short of Keepers now we only have two.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bit too f*cking relaxed for my liking - season starts a fortnight on Saturday and we're already operating under at least a four-win handicap

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:31 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:29 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bit too f*cking relaxed for my liking - season starts a fortnight on Saturday and we're already operating under at least a four-win handicap
Try playing on a par 42 with no club.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:36 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
I’m the same. But equally this is a deal involving millions and millions of pounds and I guess they aren’t going to rush things for the sake of a football season...I don’t know. They’ve been positive for ages but as each week passes I do wonder....but still I think that’s football fan anxiousness not business sense...

Branagan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Branagan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:37 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:27 pm
Branagan wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:21 pm
What is this, Monopoly?
Anybody can buy a fxcking hotel! All you need is dosh, or four houses.
But they might be being outbid by someone who wants the hotel but not the club. Different process, different competitors, different admin, different set of people making the decision. Which, as has been noted, is not favourable for anyone. Again, just my interpretation based one what little has been said. What was the question again?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:50 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:36 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
I’m the same. But equally this is a deal involving millions and millions of pounds and I guess they aren’t going to rush things for the sake of a football season...I don’t know. They’ve been positive for ages but as each week passes I do wonder....but still I think that’s football fan anxiousness not business sense...
The football season is an unfortunate inconvenience when buying a football club. Not sure what the business sense is of chucking in £1m and watching the club fold. Imagine we'll get properly dry f*cked by the EFL if we aren't ready to play on day 1.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Branagan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Branagan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:55 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:50 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
The football season is an unfortunate inconvenience when buying a football club. Not sure what the business sense is of chucking in £1m and watching the club fold. Imagine we'll get properly dry f*cked by the EFL if we aren't ready to play on day 1.
We can field a team of 11, as evidenced by the friendlies, just it's an XI that has no hope in L1.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:57 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
but still I think that’s football fan anxiousness not business sense...
I don't. The pragmatist in me tells me that there's no fecking way on Earth that we're going to be good to go 18 days from now.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:04 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:57 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
but still I think that’s football fan anxiousness not business sense...
I don't. The pragmatist in me tells me that there's no fecking way on Earth that we're going to be good to go 18 days from now.
What do you mean by good to go? My point was more that the business of the deal is priority for those involved. The football season secondary. And the alternative to FV not completing this is liquidation.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:05 pm

And "allegedly" one of the parties in for hotel is that fruitloop that owned Forest....

We're doing a grand job of collecting fruitloops through this process...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:30 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:05 pm
And "allegedly" one of the parties in for hotel is that fruitloop that owned Forest....

One might wonder if someone who perhaps has a grudge against the club has circulated the details round their loony mates. Or perhaps I’m just suspicious!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:30 pm
Worthy4England wrote:

One might wonder if someone who perhaps has a grudge against the club has circulated the details round their loony mates. Or perhaps I’m just suspicious!
Are you really saying the Earth isn't flat?
What the fxck are you banging on about now?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:01 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Always a possibility.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:02 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:01 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Always a possibility.
What, :conf: has he PM'd you a list?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:21 pm

I'm probably wide of the mark, but it is starting to appear that this FV consortium are only in this to try & make money in the future, from the hotel, land, car parks etc. It is starting to appear that they actually don't give a damn about the fans, players, staff, football side of the club. Its now under 3 weeks to go to the start of the season, and if the recent rumours are to be believed, they are now more interested about securing the hotel than doing anything football related.

Absolute shambolic the non communication from FV & the administrators.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:35 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:21 pm
I'm probably wide of the mark, but it is starting to appear that this FV consortium are only in this to try & make money in the future, from the hotel, land, car parks etc. It is starting to appear that they actually don't give a damn about the fans, players, staff, football side of the club. Its now under 3 weeks to go to the start of the season, and if the recent rumours are to be believed, they are now more interested about securing the hotel than doing anything football related.

Absolute shambolic the non communication from FV & the administrators.
The football club is a loss making business. Anyone who wants to buy it is looking to use other parts of the business to offset those losses.

I think people need to remember that FV’s money comes from investors and therefore they need to find ways to make some of it back. This is very different to a rich benefactor buying us but sadly there isn’t one of those about.