Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:48 pm

And still no signage apparent to the masses...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:54 pm

Not often you see Youri Djorkaeff mentioned in the same sentence as Jeff Smith The Singing Postman, is it?! :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:08 pm

This £££Two Million Pound loan the PFA have made to FV so they can pay the players before signing a contract managed by the Administrators.. Where do we think that wedge is right now?

Trousered by the players? - err, I think not.
Held in an account by David Rubin & Partners? - uhmmmm, I doubt it.
Transferred to a bank account under the control of a director of FV? - you must be fxcking joking...
So, still sat sitting in the PFAs bank account then? :doh:

Which doesn't exactly make it a loan, does it?
What it does is give a platform for Gordon Fxcking Taylor to spout off, for the EFL to have an excuse for not pulling the Wycombe match, for FV to continue to pretend they are serious entrepreneurs, and for David Rubin & Partners to continue to dodge reality...
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:12 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:08 pm
This £££Two Million Pound loan the PFA have made to FV so they can pay the players before signing a contract managed by the Administrators.. Where do we think that wedge is right now?

Transferred to a bank account under the control of a director of FV? - you must be fxcking joking...
Wouldn't you sort of expect that everything was contingent about "signing" - that's usually the way multiple party contracts are executed? So it would become available shortly after the ink was dry?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:13 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

I'd be hoping handled by the club account director in a separate set of books for specific purpose.We have to desperately hope for honest club dealings henceforth surely?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:16 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:12 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Wouldn't you sort of expect that everything was contingent about "signing" - that's usually the way multiple party contracts are executed? So it would become available shortly after the ink was dry?
Yes, I would. What possible hold up is now holding up the signing?????

As I said, until they've signed it doesn't exactly make it a loan, does it?
What it does is give a platform for Gordon Fxcking Taylor to spout off, for the EFL to have an excuse for not pulling the Wycombe match, for FV to continue to pretend they are serious entrepreneurs, and for David Rubin & Partners to continue to dodge reality...
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Martin_Cruise
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Martin_Cruise » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:22 pm

Another point re Eddie Davies'  early years is that a  very healthy transfer profit was made between the Ipswich play off defeat and Preston play off win.Gudjohnsen and Claus Jensen being sold for £ 8 million in the summer of 2000, Frandsen and Ricketts coming in for roughly £2 million. Our coffers were boosted to the tune of another 750k (?) when Mark Fish was sold part way through the season.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:23 pm

EFL rules re academy players and U21s re embargo and squad places and being "registered":
6.1.5 wishes to apply for a non-first team registration for a Player who is as at the proposed date of registration, under the age of 21. For the purposes of these Rules, a non-first team registration is the registration of a Player in accordance with the requirements of the Regulations but whose registration shall, during the period in which the Club is subject to the Embargo, be restricted to the extent that the Player shall not be eligible to:

(a) participate in any first team matches on behalf of that Club; and

(b) may not be the subject of a temporary transfer to any other Club (or club).
So if you want any player in academy or otherwise to play a first team game they have to be registered and registrations for that purpose count towards embargo - I caveat that with there is elsewhere a loose definition of "established players". But I remember Parky couldn't give games to some younger ones he wanted to in embargo as it would fill a squad place, at least according to Iles at the time.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:23 pm
EFL rules re academy players and U21s re embargo and squad places and being "registered":
6.1.5 wishes to apply for a non-first team registration for a Player who is as at the proposed date of registration, under the age of 21. For the purposes of these Rules, a non-first team registration is the registration of a Player in accordance with the requirements of the Regulations but whose registration shall, during the period in which the Club is subject to the Embargo, be restricted to the extent that the Player shall not be eligible to:

So if you want any player in academy or otherwise to play a first team game they have to be registered and registrations for that purpose count towards embargo - I caveat that with there is elsewhere a loose definition of "established players". But I remember Parky couldn't give games to some younger ones he wanted to in embargo as it would fill a squad place, at least according to Iles at the time.
Is that a roundabout way of saying we're fxcked? Or a roundabout way of saying we'll be alright?
Can we play the yoofs on Saturday, or not?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:31 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:16 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

As I said, until they've signed it doesn't exactly make it a loan, does it?
I am fed up and frustrated with the whole thing. BUT - this isn't like a weekly shop. Its a hugely complicated deal to buy two businesses with multiple contracts involved in each and loads of different solicitors for all parties involved. The EFL change of control sign off process usually takes a few days at least often a week or more - and as of Monday evening that hadn't started. I assume they've agreed to fast track that otherwise they'd have canned Saturday's game.

I don't know the complete state of play right now - but I do know for any deal like this it is nowhere near as simple as just rocking up with a pen signing and it being done. And never is. There are a million and one things that could be holding it up, including it not being held up but simply waiting on the EFL doing their bit....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:33 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:27 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:23 pm

Is that a roundabout way of saying we're fxcked? Or a roundabout way of saying we'll be alright?
Can we play the yoofs on Saturday, or not?
If we do they will be in our squad of 23/4 and take up those spaces. And I do not know this but suspect the EFL will say "No" to that.

The assurance the EFL wanted was that the takeover would be done and a squad of "suitable" players registered. I will make an assumption that means the odd youngster is ok, but half a squad full is not.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:34 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Hotel? - anyone heard anything at all from Quantuma? Like, I mean, ANYTHING? It was only 16 July when they said hotel was 6-8 weeks off completion...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:45 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:34 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Hotel? - anyone heard anything at all from Quantuma? Like, I mean, ANYTHING? It was only 16 July when they said hotel was 6-8 weeks off completion...
So, we are a minimum of three weeks away from the hotel completing. Quantuma haven't even revealed who their preferred bidder is. David Rubin & Partners have been quoted they won't take us into the new season without "finances in place". The preferred bidders for DR&P don't have the cash to satisfy the EFL that we can commence the season.
But a loan, which isn't a loan because it hasn't actually been loaned is enough to convince the EFL that we can commence the season, and that will presumably mean that DR&P will need to oversee us in Admin whilst we play unregistered yoofs before awaiting the sale of a fxcking hotel...
And some tossers somewhere have convinced an audience that this is a sound business plan... :roll: :roll: :roll:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:47 pm

I'll just get my disclaimer in good and early here. Burnden Paddock informs me :) that Jack Dearden's claiming a significant development in investment.

I'll wait to see what that is then, if at all. :roll:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:53 pm

It's probably a long way off being the worst business plan ever seen, and probably good enough to convince the EFL!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:54 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:47 pm
I'll just get my disclaimer in good and early here. Burnden Paddock informs me :) that Jack Dearden's claiming a significant development in investment.

He's probably just found out about the PFA loan... :-)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:54 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:45 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:34 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

So, we are a minimum of three weeks away from the hotel completing. Quantuma haven't even revealed who their preferred bidder is. David Rubin & Partners have been quoted they won't take us into the new season without "finances in place". The preferred bidders for DR&P don't have the cash to satisfy the EFL that we can commence the season.
But a loan, which isn't a loan because it hasn't actually been loaned is enough to convince the EFL that we can commence the season, and that will presumably mean that DR&P will need to oversee us in Admin whilst we play unregistered yoofs before awaiting the sale of a fxcking hotel...
And some tossers somewhere have convinced an audience that this is a sound business plan... :roll: :roll: :roll:

The EFL were told the takeover would happen in time for Saturday's game and that assurance was what they required. The administration team will not take us into the season and you cannot play unregistered youths as I've pointed out.

The takeover has to happen before Saturday and on Monday the EFL were suitably convinced it will.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:55 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Burnden Paddock informs me :)
You grass!
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:55 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Dearden is gormless but doesn't repeat things if he doesn't believe they have substance. Comes down to your judgement of his judgement.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:57 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:55 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Burnden Paddock informs me :)
You grass!
He's chucked me right under the feckin bus with that one! :lol: