Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:59 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:57 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:55 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:47 pm
Burnden Paddock informs me :)
You grass!
He's chucked me right under the feckin bus with that one! :lol:
He said you mentioned that the new investor was "wadded" by DM. We're expecting big things.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:59 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:54 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:45 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:34 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:16 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:12 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:08 pm
This £££Two Million Pound loan the PFA have made to FV so they can pay the players before signing a contract managed by the Administrators.. Where do we think that wedge is right now?

Trousered by the players? - err, I think not.
Held in an account by David Rubin & Partners? - uhmmmm, I doubt it.
Transferred to a bank account under the control of a director of FV? - you must be fxcking joking...
So, still sat sitting in the PFAs bank account then? :doh:
Wouldn't you sort of expect that everything was contingent about "signing" - that's usually the way multiple party contracts are executed? So it would become available shortly after the ink was dry?
Yes, I would. What possible hold up is now holding up the signing?????
Hotel? - anyone heard anything at all from Quantuma? Like, I mean, ANYTHING? It was only 16 July when they said hotel was 6-8 weeks off completion...
So, we are a minimum of three weeks away from the hotel completing. Quantuma haven't even revealed who their preferred bidder is. David Rubin & Partners have been quoted they won't take us into the new season without "finances in place". The preferred bidders for DR&P don't have the cash to satisfy the EFL that we can commence the season.
But a loan, which isn't a loan because it hasn't actually been loaned is enough to convince the EFL that we can commence the season, and that will presumably mean that DR&P will need to oversee us in Admin whilst we play unregistered yoofs before awaiting the sale of a fxcking hotel...
And some tossers somewhere have convinced an audience that this is a sound business plan... :roll: :roll: :roll:

The EFL were told the takeover would happen in time for Saturday's game and that assurance was what they required. The administration team will not take us into the season and you cannot play unregistered youths as I've pointed out.

The takeover has to happen before Saturday and on Monday the EFL were suitably convinced it will.
Which brings us back to the point that the only reason the EFL were convinced that the takeover would occur was because of a loan that isn't a loan because it hasn't been lent...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:00 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:59 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
This £££Two Million Pound loan the PFA have made to FV so they can pay the players before signing a contract managed by the Administrators.. Where do we think that wedge is right now?

Transferred to a bank account under the control of a director of FV? - you must be fxcking joking...
Wouldn't you sort of expect that everything was contingent about "signing" - that's usually the way multiple party contracts are executed? So it would become available shortly after the ink was dry?
Hotel? - anyone heard anything at all from Quantuma? Like, I mean, ANYTHING? It was only 16 July when they said hotel was 6-8 weeks off completion...
So, we are a minimum of three weeks away from the hotel completing. Quantuma haven't even revealed who their preferred bidder is. David Rubin & Partners have been quoted they won't take us into the new season without "finances in place". The preferred bidders for DR&P don't have the cash to satisfy the EFL that we can commence the season.
But a loan, which isn't a loan because it hasn't actually been loaned is enough to convince the EFL that we can commence the season, and that will presumably mean that DR&P will need to oversee us in Admin whilst we play unregistered yoofs before awaiting the sale of a fxcking hotel...
And some tossers somewhere have convinced an audience that this is a sound business plan... :roll: :roll: :roll:

The EFL were told the takeover would happen in time for Saturday's game and that assurance was what they required. The administration team will not take us into the season and you cannot play unregistered youths as I've pointed out.

The takeover has to happen before Saturday and on Monday the EFL were suitably convinced it will.
Which brings us back to the point that the only reason the EFL were convinced that the takeover would occur was because of a loan that isn't a loan because it hasn't been lent...
So you're saying it won't happen before Saturday? Is that your view?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:03 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:00 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

That, m'lud, is my considered opinion.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:04 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:03 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:00 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

That, m'lud, is my considered opinion.
In which case the game will not take place - in my considered opinion. However, I do think this will get done before Saturday.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:09 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
You grass!
:lol:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:11 pm

End of a month would probably make sense to me, to start on 1 August (Think there's a payment due in from EFL on 1 Aug too), which would make it tonight to sign, tomorrow in the chair. I agree with Spotty, that I don't understand at this stage of a protracted negotiation what is still materially outstanding that would take it right up to the wire - if it was that material you'd question whether Saturday was likely at all, too. If it's that time sensitive that two days additional grace will make some sort of material difference, it doesn't augur well.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:16 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
You grass!
I believe you... :D
In actual fxcking fact, I'm counting on you... :whack:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:17 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:16 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
You grass!
I believe you... :D
In actual fxcking fact, I'm counting on you... :whack:
To be fair, he was teetering towards it anyway :D

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:24 pm

I don't think it'll be done either. They might muddle a team together like the Chester friendly but this is properly fecked up.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:36 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:33 pm

If we do they will be in our squad of 23/4 and take up those spaces. And I do not know this but suspect the EFL will say "No" to that.

The assurance the EFL wanted was that the takeover would be done and a squad of "suitable" players registered. I will make an assumption that means the odd youngster is ok, but half a squad full is not.
I think the general rule though is that there are unlimited changes to that registration until the transfer window shuts. So we could put them in for Sat and then take them out when we make senior signings up to the end of the window.

Not sure how embargo affects that other than needing EFL sign-off but if the options are: we can register enough kids to get a team out Sat pending registration of the queue of others and then take them out; or, Saturday gets postponed, I cannot see them going for the latter.

My feel it in my waters reckon is it'll all go through and announced to start from 1st of the month tomorrow, triggering PFA loan, EFL sign off and then mad rush to sign and register people for Sat.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:43 pm

BWFC_i: So you're saying it won't happen before Saturday? Is that your view?
Lost Leopard Spot: That, m'lud, is my considered opinion.
BWFC_i: In which case the game will not take place - in my considered opinion. However, I do think this will get done before Saturday.

So in light of the above when d'y'all think the announcement the DEAL IS DONE will occur?
We could do a sweepstake - 10 internet £ per prediction. Prediction must occur prior to announcement (anywhere ontinternet).
My £10 internet pounds are on no announcement of takeover prior to Saturday 15:00 hours.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:45 pm

Tomorrow I reckon.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:46 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:36 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
If we do they will be in our squad of 23/4 and take up those spaces. And I do not know this but suspect the EFL will say "No" to that.

The assurance the EFL wanted was that the takeover would be done and a squad of "suitable" players registered. I will make an assumption that means the odd youngster is ok, but half a squad full is not.
I think the general rule though is that there are unlimited changes to that registration until the transfer window shuts. So we could put them in for Sat and then take them out when we make senior signings up to the end of the window.

Not sure how embargo affects that other than needing EFL sign-off but if the options are: we can register enough kids to get a team out Sat pending registration of the queue of others and then take them out; or, Saturday gets postponed, I cannot see them going for the latter.

My feel it in my waters reckon is it'll all go through and announced to start from 1st of the month tomorrow, triggering PFA loan, EFL sign off and then mad rush to sign and register people for Sat.
Yep. Would be daft of the EFL to say "you can't play loads of kids" then "now you've played them you can't play anybody else". A middle ground should easily be reached, and as you say, it should be fine to change that first "squad" as long as we can prove we can afford it. It tends to be called a soft embargo.

Also you'd imagine the offers will be ready for at least three and maybe five mature players - say Wheater, O'Neil, Hobbs, Buckley, Conway/Pringle - as soon as the hammer comes down, even if they're only six-month suck-it-and-see contracts. Plus financially savvy offers to Brockbank, Politic etc to increase their asset value and resale value as much as their instant first-team availability.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:47 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:45 pm
Tomorrow I reckon.
More precision necessary to win the sweepstake!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:49 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:36 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

The embargo restricts you to a squad of 23 or 24 depending on the mood of EFL. They are termed "established players". If an 17 year old is registered as an academy player they are unable to play for first team - if they are then registered for 1st team and appear in a match day squad they become established and count in the 23 and 24. Under embargo you have that as a maximum you cannot "deselect" players because the point of said embargo is financial monitoring. Making sure you aren't spending too much.

We know the EFL can change the rules as they see fit but KA seemingly had a relationship with Shaun Harvey that we can't assume exists between FV and new EFL board.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:52 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:43 pm
BWFC_i: In which case the game will not take place - in my considered opinion. However, I do think this will get done before Saturday.

So in light of the above when d'y'all think the announcement the DEAL IS DONE will occur?
We could do a sweepstake - 10 internet £ per prediction. Prediction must occur prior to announcement (anywhere ontinternet).
My £10 internet pounds are on no announcement of takeover prior to Saturday 15:00 hours.
What time period do you want?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:56 pm

This PFA loan. They've not left it resting in Ken's account pending the takeover have they?

7pm tonight
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:00 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:52 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:43 pm

What time period do you want?
As short as you are convinced of.
To the hour, to the minute even! But definitely not to the day, we have the rest of today, all Thursday, all Friday, and most of Saturday available: try for the hour.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:02 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:47 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:45 pm
Tomorrow I reckon.
More precision necessary to win the sweepstake!
I'll go with close of play tomorrow, or is that a little ambiguous? ;)
Last edited by Bruce Rioja on Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.