Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:05 pm

Pretty good insight from Andy Taylor in this article, hadn't seen it previously posted, apols if it had been.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... uman-cost/

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:06 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:40 pm
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... completed/

Nearly there sunbeams!!!

(City of minge)

Excellent news. I might still be in with a chance yet if we are awaiting an official announcement.

Dirty Minge
There's something about Minge
Minge Raider
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:50 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:05 pm
Pretty good insight from Andy Taylor in this article, hadn't seen it previously posted, apols if it had been.

A piece all about the players and their woes
Hardly mentions the other staff who get paid normal wages
Says that fans are embarrassed to be Bolton supporters - I've never been embarrassed to support our great team
I hope he fecks off and no one ever hears from him again
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:58 am

dave the minion wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:29 pm
Naked Minge 2 1/2: The Smell of Minge
:laugh: :lol:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:59 am

nelson66 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:50 am
Worthy4England wrote:

Says that fans are embarrassed to be Bolton supporters - I've never been embarrassed to support our great team
Well given the article starts "Asked what life has been like for Bolton Wanderer's players..." you'd rather expect it to be about the players. I do wonder how some of our supporters would manage without payment for 5 months. Reality is if both players and other staff are both on nothing, they're both on the same wage so it's a moot point, other than players likely to have more significant bills hitting.

I'm not embarrassed to be a Bolton fan, I'm embarrassed that we nicked Forest Green Rovers leading striker and didn't pay them.

Interesting that in the last para, Anderson is keeping schtum but said he'd be happy to talk once the deal was completed - will be interesting to read his defence of his tenure here.

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:04 am

No defence from Anderson - he walked in with a quid and has walked out with millions
We've all been stiffed
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:07 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:59 am
nelson66 wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Well given the article starts "Asked what life has been like for Bolton Wanderer's players..." you'd rather expect it to be about the players. I do wonder how some of our supporters would manage without payment for 5 months. Reality is if both players and other staff are both on nothing, they're both on the same wage so it's a moot point, other than players likely to have more significant bills hitting.

I'm not embarrassed to be a Bolton fan, I'm embarrassed that we nicked Forest Green Rovers leading striker and didn't pay them.

Interesting that in the last para, Anderson is keeping schtum but said he'd be happy to talk once the deal was completed - will be interesting to read his defence of his tenure here.
I do feel very sorry for the players. I don't think many understand what an impact that had on the whole place last season. It destroys spirit and saps everything out.

I still think ultimately refusing the play the Brentford game was a poor move in hindsight - its left us with further problems as a result and ultimately had no impact whatsoever on Ken Anderson. It was never changing the situation and in the end leaves the club post Anderson in a worse position. Withdrawal of labour can be very effective, that was one time where it has almost had the opposite effect intended.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:15 am

The Twitter comments bit is full of "I'm not embarrassed, I'm proud to be a Wanderer, he can f*ck off".

People really are thick.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:16 am

nelson66 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:04 am
No defence from Anderson - he walked in with a quid and has walked out with millions
We've all been stiffed
Will be interesting to see how that one plays out - he'll undoubtedly say he put in more than he's walked away with. In that regard Admins say "books say you're owed £1.5m" - Anderson say "I'm owed £7.5m"...He doesn't come across as being the one to lose out.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:23 am

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:15 am
The Twitter comments bit is full of "I'm not embarrassed, I'm proud to be a Wanderer, he can f*ck off".

People really are thick.
I actually thought it wasn't a great thing to say. If he'd said "I feel desperately sorry for Bolton fans who all are hurting massively" then fine. But it was always a bit of a provocative thing to say. We might have been embarrassed by Ken and the situation - but not by the football club itself.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:24 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:07 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:59 am
nelson66 wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

I do feel very sorry for the players. I don't think many understand what an impact that had on the whole place last season. It destroys spirit and saps everything out.

I still think ultimately refusing the play the Brentford game was a poor move in hindsight - its left us with further problems as a result and ultimately had no impact whatsoever on Ken Anderson. It was never changing the situation and in the end leaves the club post Anderson in a worse position. Withdrawal of labour can be very effective, that was one time where it has almost had the opposite effect intended.
As it currently stands, I'm not sure not playing Brentford has left us with any additional problems. It may result in further points deduction but it hasn't yet. So I'm not convinced it's as yet had any negative impact.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:31 am

It's possible he was misquoted?

Whatever, he was a good professional for us and he wouldn't have been much of a union rep if he didn't push for positive action after several months without pay. As Insane says, with hindsight it might not have been the best move but I don't blame him or them for finally saying 'enough is enough'.

Good luck to the lad. We move on
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:34 am

They were the representatives and guiding minds of the football club. The football club didn't pay people, it couldn't get a side out for a league game for the first time in history. The chairman had a spat with an eco-entrepreneur that took place in the national news. It was and is fecking embarrassing. It's a shambles. Anytime someone asks who you support you get that look.

Anybody reading that as him saying the fact of being a Bolton fan is embarrassing (as opposed to being embarrassed by the conduct of those representing the club) is saying more about themselves than about Taylor.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:48 am

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:34 am
They were the representatives and guiding minds of the football club. The football club didn't pay people, it couldn't get a side out for a league game for the first time in history. The chairman had a spat with an eco-entrepreneur that took place in the national news. It was and is fecking embarrassing. It's a shambles. Anytime someone asks who you support you get that look.

Anybody reading that as him saying the fact of being a Bolton fan is embarrassing (as opposed to being embarrassed by the conduct of those representing the club) is saying more about themselves than about Taylor.

That was my interpretation too.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:56 am

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:34 am

Totally agree. Half the stupid bastards slating him probably don't have the attention span to read the whole article. Easier just to leap on the out if context shit stirring quote from Lion of Vienna and spew their bile.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:20 am

Can't be responsible for what folk think, that's up to them, and some "folk" are responsible for what happened at B.W.F.C. The club in name will ever be the same club I've supported all my life.
I'm ashamed of greed in owners, agents and players who've made the game what it is today. The Bolton flag can't be responsible for those underneath it. They know who they are.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:24 am

After that little diversion, time has moved on to 10:24...You might have thought if there was just "signing" and stuff to complete last night that someone might have mentioned something by now...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:27 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:24 am
After that little diversion, time has moved on to 10:24...You might have thought if there was just "signing" and stuff to complete last night that someone might have mentioned something by now...
Think legals still are ongoing....tick tock.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:32 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:27 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:24 am
Think legals still are ongoing....tick tock.
You are Alan Nixon and I claim my £5. :-)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:33 am

"Bus leaves at lunchtime"