Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by jimbo » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:21 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:06 pm
Anyone else slightly concerned at how long it's taking to delete '£24' and retype '£20' into the ticket office computers?
Also intrigued to see how our systems will cope with all of the ticket sales having to be done in a 48hr period.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:25 pm

I wonder if FV hadn’t budgeted for Bolton fans who only want to come to watch a team who aren’t on -12 and charge less than £20 (going off social media ire). Business models fecked. Clubs being liquidated as a result.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:25 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:20 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Anyone else slightly concerned at how long it's taking to delete '£24' and retype '£20' into the ticket office computers?
Hmmmm. Summat's not reet.

📰 CLUB STATEMENT:

Saturday’s Sky Bet League One game against Coventry City is going ahead.

We will issue a further update on ticket sales tomorrow morning.

We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused and we thank you for your continued patience.
I don't know for sure - but wouldn't surprise me now if attention is suddenly on other things....

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:38 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:25 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

📰 CLUB STATEMENT:

We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused and we thank you for your continued patience.
I don't know for sure - but wouldn't surprise me now if attention is suddenly on other things....
Al, is that you? :shock:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:40 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
I wonder if FV hadn’t budgeted for Bolton fans who only want to come to watch a team who aren’t on -12 and charge less than £20 (going off social media ire). Business models fecked. Clubs being liquidated as a result.

Indeed. 100+ pages of wanting someone to step up and bale it out, only to find no f*cker wants to watch it. Still, passes the time I guess.
:D

...and no, it's Betty!
Last edited by Enoch on Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:40 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:38 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

📰 CLUB STATEMENT:

Al, is that you? :shock:
Aye :wink:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:51 pm

Bit in the paper tomorrow

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:55 pm

Apparently, some people are already in possession of tickets from before they were taken off sale.
May the bridges I burn light your way

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:58 pm

BOLTON: FV need to get a move on with tickets, if not tomorrow, then Thursday, otherwise it will be Friday...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:59 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:55 pm
Apparently, some people are already in possession of tickets from before they were taken off sale.
Be like gold dust them when we don’t exist
Last tickets ever sold by the first founder football league member club to go out of business

Do the tickets still have adverts on for razzle?

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:00 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:55 pm
Well they’ll be mightily pissed off when they drop the prices to a tenner! Good luck getting a refund!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:10 pm

Someone mentioned in passing, something which I've been giving a little more thought to.

Aren't Ticketmaster owed a chunk of wedge? I'm sure I saw them on the list of creditors.

Wonder if they're hanging out for that now?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:15 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:10 pm
Someone mentioned in passing, something which I've been giving a little more thought to.

Aren't Ticketmaster owed a chunk of wedge? I'm sure I saw them on the list of creditors.

According to everyone's favourite Journo - that's exactly what's occurring...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:22 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:15 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Oh well, that rules that one out then ;)

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:23 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:22 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:15 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Oh well, that rules that one out then ;)
:lol:

Branagan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Branagan » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:28 pm

When it comes to Bolton Wanderers, nothing screams 'the match may very well not go ahead' as 'the match is definitely going ahead'. Worrying times.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:41 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:30 am
I think that this 'Due to very recent developments' ticket sale delay club statement this morning, is to do with them getting ready to announce the takeover today.

It may well be wishful thinking on my part, but I cant see it being down to FV lowering the matchday pricing due to some fans & the ST being unhappy, that's a very early sign of weakness on behalf of FV, fans shouldn't dictate the pricing strategy - the fans are entitled to be unhappy & fans either pay it or they don't, they have a choice don't they. As its shown in recent seasons lowering the matchday ticket price doesn't really add many to the attendance unless we are towards the top of the league.
I admire your optimism. I think it might be more likely that FV are retrenching.
The much circulated Twitter responses from the Boohoo people need to be taken into account here.
Boohoo have just bought (yesterday) Karen Millen and Coast for £18.2 million in a prepack deal.
The Administrators of Karen Millen, Deloitte confirmed that as part of the deal with immediate effect 62 head office employees at Karen Millen would be made redundant. These are 'business people', if their spreadsheets add up they'll buy stuff... The wide-eyed innocents should not be reassured that Boohoo are not interested in the club - they aren't: they may well be bloody interested in the hotel however...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:47 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:41 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
I think that this 'Due to very recent developments' ticket sale delay club statement this morning, is to do with them getting ready to announce the takeover today.

It may well be wishful thinking on my part, but I cant see it being down to FV lowering the matchday pricing due to some fans & the ST being unhappy, that's a very early sign of weakness on behalf of FV, fans shouldn't dictate the pricing strategy - the fans are entitled to be unhappy & fans either pay it or they don't, they have a choice don't they. As its shown in recent seasons lowering the matchday ticket price doesn't really add many to the attendance unless we are towards the top of the league.
I admire your optimism. I think it might be more likely that FV are retrenching.
The much circulated Twitter responses from the Boohoo people need to be taken into account here.
Boohoo have just bought (yesterday) Karen Millen and Coast for £18.2 million in a prepack deal.
The Administrators of Karen Millen, Deloitte confirmed that as part of the deal with immediate effect 62 head office employees at Karen Millen would be made redundant. These are 'business people', if their spreadsheets add up they'll buy stuff... The wide-eyed innocents should not be reassured that Boohoo are not interested in the club - they aren't: they may well be bloody interested in the hotel however...
Afternoon Al.... :wink:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:47 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bertie Wooster wrote:

As you know, that actually is my name... :lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:19 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:49 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:47 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bertie Wooster wrote:

As you know, that actually is my name... :lol:
In fairness your namesake insists Boohoo want the club...probably one of the more ridiculous things I've heard.