Scouting guide to the Footballing Apocalypse

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Scouting guide to the Footballing Apocalypse

Post by TKIZ! » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:57 am

Welcome to the thread. This is not the transfer thread update, I've used this to indicate players who would be worthwhile taking a look at. Imagine it like an interactive game of Football Manager on the computer. You can agree or disagree with the choices and please feel free to offer suggestions too. PIayers are as realistic a set of targets as I think money will allow. I will add players to the top post only to save having to read through other posts:

Andy Kellett (25) LB/LWB or DM - Known to Bolton fans already, crossed the great divide to eat pies in Wigan. Lower league stalwart and could provide competition to Joe White and with Josh Earl still out we could do with the reinforcement here.

Gary Hooper (31) CF - Well known to Bolton fans already, Neil Lennon tried to sign him a couple of times and we need goals. Not sure if he would take the drop in division or wages. However, he's not been offered deal elsewhere yet, quite a few injury worries.

Josh McEachran (26) CM - Touted as the next big thing at Chelsea and then went out on numerous loans. Looked like he'd found his place at Brentford. Good engine, bit more creative than we've currently got and we could act as a catalyst for resurrection of his footballing career

Adam Matthews (27) RB - Steady away RB, competition for young Harry Brockbank and the right side of 30. Played 58 times for Sunderland, knows L1

Victor Andrdade (23) RW - Jet heeled and knows a trick or two. Simliar type to Liam Feeney or in his prime Stuart Storer but not the same class as Taddy Nowak. The sort of player you put on as an impact sub to cause the opposition some problems.

Dennis Eckert (22) CF - Good pedigree from the German Budesliga, played in Spain with Celta Vigo. Not really given mmuch of a chance and went out on loan to Holland. Right type of manager/coach could help with this one

Marco Matias (30) AM/RM - Played for Sheff Wed for a good few years, had a few injury problems but decent goal record of 1 in 4 and can play as 'False 10'

Jordan Mutch (27) CM/RM/LM - Utility player, played through in L1/Champ and Premier League. Crystal Palace were convinced at one point to part with £5m for him (2015). Think there is a player in there but has been listless in the States for the last couple of years.

Stefan Strandberg (29) CB - Norwegian oak, strong in the tackle and no-nonsense. This is a wish more than likely to happen but he's be a decent acquisition.

Grant Ward (24) RW - Spurs youth, played for opposition in this league and has a decent pedigree, again a player that would be brought in to make the numbers possibly

Kaylen Hinds (21) CF/SS - Ex- Arsenal youth. This was a dream one for me, Hinds had a glittering career at youth level for the Gooners. He moved the move to Wolfsberg and thinking of himself as the new Jadon Sancho played the first games of the 18/19 season. However, he got homesick and didn't bother to tuen up for work. Sacked and having spent the rest of the season training at Watford for fitness. Unfortunately they signed him for the U23's. Think he would make a good loan signing in January

Lewis Holtby (28) ACM - Odd one this. Think he would be out of ouyr price bracket by a long way but come January may be a good signing if we've improved and can't get Bridcutt back in. Strong in the tackle, creative but just never worked pout for him. Maybe Hill/Flitty can work their magic. It would be a hell of a coup

Wilfried Bony (30) CF - As above. Trained with Newport during the summer. Maybe one for January if he's not played anywhere
Last edited by TKIZ! on Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pfffft.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Scouting guide to the Footballing Apocalypse

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:42 pm

Nice work. I'm a little tumescent at the possibilities.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:20 pm

Good thread, and good suggestions. Some of those do look attractive signings.

Surprised to see Grant Ward on that list. They paid 600K for him in 2016 and he was a regular until Paul Hurst got sacked last season. He did his cruciate ligament in December so much depends on how he has recovered from that. Guess he was very unlucky to get a serious injury in the last year of his contract...

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:29 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:42 pm
Mmmm, Matron!

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:09 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:57 am
Welcome to the thread. This is not the transfer thread update, I've used this to indicate players who would be worthwhile taking a look at. Imagine it like an interactive game of Football Manager on the computer. You can agree or disagree with the choices and please feel free to offer suggestions too. PIayers are as realistic a set of targets as I think money will allow. I will add players to the top post only to save having to read through other posts:

Andy Kellett GONE (25) LB/LWB or DM - Known to Bolton fans already, crossed the great divide to eat pies in Wigan. Lower league stalwart and could provide competition to Joe White and with Josh Earl still out we could do with the reinforcement here.

Gary Hooper GONE (31) CF - Well known to Bolton fans already, Neil Lennon tried to sign him a couple of times and we need goals. Not sure if he would take the drop in division or wages. However, he's not been offered deal elsewhere yet, quite a few injury worries.

Josh McEachran GONE (26) CM - Touted as the next big thing at Chelsea and then went out on numerous loans. Looked like he'd found his place at Brentford. Good engine, bit more creative than we've currently got and we could act as a catalyst for resurrection of his footballing career

Adam Matthews GONE (27) RB - Steady away RB, competition for young Harry Brockbank and the right side of 30. Played 58 times for Sunderland, knows L1

Victor Andrdade (23) RW - Jet heeled and knows a trick or two. Simliar type to Liam Feeney or in his prime Stuart Storer but not the same class as Taddy Nowak. The sort of player you put on as an impact sub to cause the opposition some problems.

Dennis Eckert GONE (22) CF - Good pedigree from the German Budesliga, played in Spain with Celta Vigo. Not really given mmuch of a chance and went out on loan to Holland. Right type of manager/coach could help with this one

Marco Matias GONE (30) AM/RM - Played for Sheff Wed for a good few years, had a few injury problems but decent goal record of 1 in 4 and can play as 'False 10'

Jordan Mutch (27) CM/RM/LM - Utility player, played through in L1/Champ and Premier League. Crystal Palace were convinced at one point to part with £5m for him (2015). Think there is a player in there but has been listless in the States for the last couple of years.

Stefan Strandberg (29) CB - Norwegian oak, strong in the tackle and no-nonsense. This is a wish more than likely to happen but he's be a decent acquisition.

Grant Ward (24) RW - Spurs youth, played for opposition in this league and has a decent pedigree, again a player that would be brought in to make the numbers possibly
Harry Bunn (26) FW/RW - I wasn't too keen in mentioning this one but in the demise of our neighbours it would be remiss of me not to highlight that this young gentleman has ability and could well be asked to make the leap to the Unibol. Huddersfield prospect who dropped a couple of divisions and was instrumental in getting Bury promoted
Last edited by TKIZ! on Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pfffft.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:24 pm

Harry Charsley - 23, CM (but utility player, can play all along the midfield). Former loanee, let go by Everton in summer but still occasionaly playing for their U23's. Different manager now and could possibly provide back-up for a number of positions in January
Pfffft.

ligachampions
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ligachampions » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:21 pm

Nice Info :D . Sorry i speechless until i dont know what should i type cuz actually i dont speak english. but thanks for your thread. ^_^

Agen Sbobet

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:26 pm

ligachampions wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:21 pm
Nice Info :D . Sorry i speechless until i dont know what should i type cuz actually i dont speak english. but thanks for your thread. ^_^

Agen Sbobet
download.jpeg
download.jpeg (11.74 KiB) Viewed 2960 times

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:04 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:42 pm

I'm anaspeptic, phrasmotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way