Jack fell down and Hill came tumbling after. Sunderland @ Home. 21/09/2019 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Jack fell down and Hill came tumbling after. Sunderland @ Home. 21/09/2019 3pm

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:13 pm

That has to be seen as a great point. Yes, it hurts to lose the win in injury time, but Sunderland have pulled 5 or 6 great saves out of Matthews and had the lion's share of chances. They're the pre-season promotion favourites and we've come out with a point; a point gained not through sticking 11 behind the ball and shithousing our way to a scrappy draw, but by playing some good football. The win will come.

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Jack fell down and Hill came tumbling after. Sunderland @ Home. 21/09/2019 3pm

Post by knobpolisher » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:16 pm

Putting it in perspective oxford have won 0 - 6 away.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:18 pm

In fairness I think a point was fair. If they’d scored when it hit the post or when Mathews made a worldie they would have won it.

Lacking a striker and fitness. Not over keen on the back four especially full backs when defending. But we are playing some good stuff. But not sure we win many until we get a bona fide striker up there.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:39 pm

Still very happy and proud of my side once again.

Lowe and Bridcott absolutely immense. Everyone else great.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:03 pm

The spirit is back!

Great atmosphere and great fight from the team. We looked lacking in fitness and were trying to manage the game through the last 15mins of the first half and the last 25mins of the second. When you try and keep the ball you can have breathers though, and we almost managed it.

In truth Sunderland missed about six clear cut chances and will wonder how they didn't win by a significant margin. Their fans are not happy with the way they play or their manager. At one point both sets fans singing "you're getting sacked in the morning"

All in all it is looking positive. We need to get Daryl Murphy up and running because we need the goal threat. Otherwise though we are playing attractive football, pressing well at times, and Politic looks to have the potential to go a long way. Lowe and Bridcutt look really good in midfield too.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:07 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:03 pm
The spirit is back!

Great atmosphere and great fight from the team. We looked lacking in fitness and were trying to manage the game through the last 15mins of the first half and the last 25mins of the second. When you try and keep the ball you can have breathers though, and we almost managed it.

In truth Sunderland missed about six clear cut chances and will wonder how they didn't win by a significant margin. Their fans are not happy with the way they play or their manager. At one point both sets fans singing "you're getting sacked in the morning"

All in all it is looking positive. We need to get Daryl Murphy up and running because we need the goal threat. Otherwise though we are playing attractive football, pressing well at times, and Politic looks to have the potential to go a long way. Lowe and Bridcutt look really good in midfield too.
6 clear cut chances? You have to run me through those. Unless you and I have a rather different definition of clear cut chances.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:11 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:50 pm
5 minutes added on.

fecking penalty to Sunderland, Zouma handball. Clear and obvious.

FFS.
Was it? Granted, my seat's quite a way away from it, but it looked way harsh to me. Guess I need to see it again.
May the bridges I burn light your way

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:11 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:07 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
The spirit is back!

6 clear cut chances? You have to run me through those. Unless you and I have a rather different definition of clear cut chances.
Clear header at the back post in the first half, one on one in the first half, at least three free headers from set pieces, possibly more. One of which they had two players fighting over who was going to go for the header. We do need to work on our marking when defending set pieces, but they had much bigger players than we had..

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:12 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:11 pm
DJBlu wrote:
5 minutes added on.

FFS.
Was it? Granted, my seat's quite a way away from it, but it looked way harsh to me. Guess I need to see it again.
Seen it again. Clearly handled it. Ball to hand or hand to ball is a debate.

Penalty for me. Just about.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:16 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:07 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
The spirit is back!

Clear header at the back post in the first half, one on one in the first half, at least three free headers from set pieces, possibly more. One of which they had two players fighting over who was going to go for the header. We do need to work on our marking when defending set pieces, but they had much bigger players than we had..
Different definitions then. Matthews got to the one on one first. The back post header was a half chance at best. Do well to score that. Few half chances from corners sure. But their main threat was McGeady cutting in to get a shot away.

I think they just about deserved the draw Sunderland and were a bit lucky to get that. Certainly had they won would have been a travesty.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:22 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
5 minutes added on.

FFS.
Almost scoops it round behind him.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:00 pm

Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:12 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:00 pm
Couple of highlights:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... sunderland
Remi Matthews best save of the game is missing.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:31 pm

Definite pen on that showing. I thought the players reaction at the time.showed it probably was
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:09 pm

Did anybody spot a bit of aggro between Zouma and (I think) Emmanuel at the final whistle? Zouma looked gutted at FT, to be fair. Hope he bounces back, because he's shown an awful lot of promise thus far

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:27 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:22 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
5 minutes added on.

FFS.
Almost scoops it round behind him.
So it is exactly as I saw it. Way harsh. It's hit at him from three feet away and his arms are by his sides. fecking shocking decision.

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:03 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:09 pm
Did anybody spot a bit of aggro between Zouma and (I think) Emmanuel at the final whistle? Zouma looked gutted at FT, to be fair. Hope he bounces back, because he's shown an awful lot of promise thus far
I disagree. I think he’s awful. Looks like he’ll gift a goal or a big chance every time I’ve seen him play. Terrible on the ball, too. I don’t think he’ll make it. Would love to be proved wrong.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:04 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:59 pm
As far as I know there is no "arm-ball" rule or offence in football, just "handball"( which used to mean deliberate hand-ball) . If that hit his hand he should go on Britain's got talent as a contortionist. There is no way on earth his reactions could respond to that if he were Quick-draw Mcgraw with his finger in a light socket. Unfortunately it's poor decisions like this that help get clubs relegated. Today it cost us two points. The ref probably thanked Heaven it allowed him to escape being villain of the month with the opposing fans. In short, he bottled it and didn't bother checking with a liner.

ps: I've watched it and stopped it twenty times. It doesn't change; no handball.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:15 pm

Sad to say but not sure Zouma has what it takes to play at this level. Shocking decision to handle the ball when there was no danger. Hope he bounces back but his lack of composure is a worry.

Thought we should have won it at the end with that breakway but wrong pass was chosen

Overall, gotta be pleased with a point but we could have won ...

Still, it's another improvement. Absolutely scorching today, good atmosphere where I was (near the screen). Good day out

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:28 pm

Jugs wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:15 pm
Shocking decision to handle the ball when there was no danger.
Like he made the decision to handle a ball that was twatted at him from three feet away? Reet oh !!!