Today I’m happy about...

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7415
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Today I’m happy about...

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:52 pm

Spuds sacking the best manager they’ve had in years... :lol:

Wonder if they would like Unai as a replacement :conf:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7311
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Today I’m happy about...

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:02 pm

As opposed to keeping him on well past his sell by date like their lesser neighbours did? :wink:

Hard to imagine they'll get anyone better. Poch will pitch up at OT once they've dumped Oli
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7415
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Today I’m happy about...

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:55 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:02 pm
As opposed to keeping him on well past his sell by date like their lesser neighbours did? :wink:

Hard to imagine they'll get anyone better. Poch will pitch up at OT once they've dumped Oli
:shock: :evil: :spank:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20183
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Today I’m happy about...

Post by Prufrock » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:36 pm

Absolute madness. Not going to get anyone anyway near as good without promising to spend a fortune, in which case...
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7311
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Today I’m happy about...

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:20 am

Had Mourinho already lined up. An inspired move or a ridiculous move hiring yesterday's man?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7415
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Today I’m happy about...

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:26 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:20 am
Had Mourinho already lined up. An inspired move or a ridiculous move hiring yesterday's man?
Hopefully the latter. Even easier to dislike them again now. Couldn’t bring myself to hate Poch that much.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7311
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Today I’m happy about...

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:03 am

I see he's won more trophies as a manager than Spurs have won in their whole history!

If it comes off, it's an inspired move by Levy. If it doesn't, they're going to be as skint as us!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7415
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Today I’m happy about...

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:18 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:03 am
I see he's won more trophies as a manager than Spurs have won in their whole history!

If it comes off, it's an inspired move by Levy. If it doesn't, they're going to be as skint as us!
Not hard to be fair :lol:

I’m nervous. He will either be great for them or awful. Really hoping it’s the latter...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36032
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Today I’m happy about...

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:30 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:18 am


I’m nervous. He will either be great for them or awful. Really hoping it’s the latter...
He'll be an unmitigated disaster. Levy's as tight as a duck's arse, so when Mourinho 4ucks up, he'll just blame the chairman for not sharing his ambition etc.

I wonder who his next Luke Shaw will be?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2887
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Today I’m happy about...

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:25 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:18 am
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:03 am
I see he's won more trophies as a manager than Spurs have won in their whole history!

If it comes off, it's an inspired move by Levy. If it doesn't, they're going to be as skint as us!
Not hard to be fair :lol:

I’m nervous. He will either be great for them or awful. Really hoping it’s the latter...
They'll be on his back as soon as a few results go against them. Going from playing open expansive football, to parking the bus. :lol: Spuds fans are well known for having ideas way above their station and they'll be crying into their pints of lager top before you know it!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7415
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Today I’m happy about...

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:52 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:25 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:18 am
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:03 am
I see he's won more trophies as a manager than Spurs have won in their whole history!

If it comes off, it's an inspired move by Levy. If it doesn't, they're going to be as skint as us!
Not hard to be fair :lol:

I’m nervous. He will either be great for them or awful. Really hoping it’s the latter...
They'll be on his back as soon as a few results go against them. Going from playing open expansive football, to parking the bus. :lol: Spuds fans are well known for having ideas way above their station and they'll be crying into their pints of lager top before you know it!
I very much hope you and Bruce are right.

Nothing worse then a smug spurs fan.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2887
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Today I’m happy about...

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:25 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:52 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:25 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:18 am
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:03 am
I see he's won more trophies as a manager than Spurs have won in their whole history!

If it comes off, it's an inspired move by Levy. If it doesn't, they're going to be as skint as us!
Not hard to be fair :lol:

I’m nervous. He will either be great for them or awful. Really hoping it’s the latter...
They'll be on his back as soon as a few results go against them. Going from playing open expansive football, to parking the bus. :lol: Spuds fans are well known for having ideas way above their station and they'll be crying into their pints of lager top before you know it!
I very much hope you and Bruce are right.

Nothing worse then a smug spurs fan.
Oh, I don’t know. Smug gooner, maybe? 😉

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20183
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Today I’m happy about...

Post by Prufrock » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:55 pm

Spurs and Arsenal fans are almost indistinguishable to anyone outside North London.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7415
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Today I’m happy about...

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:28 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:55 pm
Spurs and Arsenal fans are almost indistinguishable to anyone outside North London.
Much the same can be said for boltonians and wiganners. ;)

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2887
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Today I’m happy about...

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:40 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:28 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:55 pm
Spurs and Arsenal fans are almost indistinguishable to anyone outside North London.
Much the same can be said for boltonians and wiganners. ;)
She’s done you there Pru, Tbf! 😂

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38542
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Today I’m happy about...

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:00 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:28 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:55 pm
Spurs and Arsenal fans are almost indistinguishable to anyone outside North London.
Much the same can be said for boltonians and wiganners. ;)
No,no,no...G'G. Apart from two strange years spent in Yorkshire, I've lived all my life in Bolton, Westhoughton and Farnworth. Folk in Wingates (Westhoughton or Howfen) are almost Biblical in their accent, Farnworth pretty much Bolton, but Wiganers are a total breed apart, believe me and not just in their talk. Not doing them a disservice, but Bolton they ain't. I had a couple of shops in Hindly and Wigan at one stage in the past so I speak from experience. ... :wink:
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7415
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Today I’m happy about...

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:48 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:00 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:28 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:55 pm
Spurs and Arsenal fans are almost indistinguishable to anyone outside North London.
Much the same can be said for boltonians and wiganners. ;)
No,no,no...G'G. Apart from two strange years spent in Yorkshire, I've lived all my life in Bolton, Westhoughton and Farnworth. Folk in Wingates (Westhoughton or Howfen) are almost Biblical in their accent, Farnworth pretty much Bolton, but Wiganers are a total breed apart, believe me and not just in their talk. Not doing them a disservice, but Bolton they ain't. I had a couple of shops in Hindly and Wigan at one stage in the past so I speak from experience. ... :wink:
I thought Westhoughton was pretty much Wigan? Eh Harry G?

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2887
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Today I’m happy about...

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:27 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:48 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:00 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:28 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:55 pm
Spurs and Arsenal fans are almost indistinguishable to anyone outside North London.
Much the same can be said for boltonians and wiganners. ;)
No,no,no...G'G. Apart from two strange years spent in Yorkshire, I've lived all my life in Bolton, Westhoughton and Farnworth. Folk in Wingates (Westhoughton or Howfen) are almost Biblical in their accent, Farnworth pretty much Bolton, but Wiganers are a total breed apart, believe me and not just in their talk. Not doing them a disservice, but Bolton they ain't. I had a couple of shops in Hindly and Wigan at one stage in the past so I speak from experience. ... :wink:
I thought Westhoughton was pretty much Wigan? Eh Harry G?
I started to type that very post and thought better of it! :lol:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20183
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Today I’m happy about...

Post by Prufrock » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:03 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:40 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:28 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:55 pm
Spurs and Arsenal fans are almost indistinguishable to anyone outside North London.
Much the same can be said for boltonians and wiganners. ;)
She’s done you there Pru, Tbf! 😂
:lol: touche GG.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7415
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Today I’m happy about...

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:33 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:27 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:48 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:00 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:28 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:55 pm
Spurs and Arsenal fans are almost indistinguishable to anyone outside North London.
Much the same can be said for boltonians and wiganners. ;)
No,no,no...G'G. Apart from two strange years spent in Yorkshire, I've lived all my life in Bolton, Westhoughton and Farnworth. Folk in Wingates (Westhoughton or Howfen) are almost Biblical in their accent, Farnworth pretty much Bolton, but Wiganers are a total breed apart, believe me and not just in their talk. Not doing them a disservice, but Bolton they ain't. I had a couple of shops in Hindly and Wigan at one stage in the past so I speak from experience. ... :wink:
I thought Westhoughton was pretty much Wigan? Eh Harry G?
I started to type that very post and thought better of it! :lol:
Pretty sure it was you who told me he was really from there, despite his protestations otherwise... I know he likes his pies before a match.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest