The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:45 pm

What an utterly embarrassing wanker Nigel Farridge is. Is that it now? Has he fecked off? Do we never have to see or listen to the toe-curling c*nt ever again?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:30 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:45 pm
What an utterly embarrassing wanker Nigel Farridge is. Is that it now? Has he fecked off? Do we never have to see or listen to the toe-curling c*nt ever again?
I've never really had strong feelings about Farage but that display today by his lot in the European parliament, was embarrassing and shameful.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:09 pm

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:35 pm

The owners of the pub nearest mine (one that I walk past to get to the good one) have taken it upon themselves to fly Union flags, not just from their pub but from all surrounding railings etc. Who the feck do they think they are?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:30 pm

I'm off to a 'Brexit party' tonight. Not for the celebration, just cos the band they've booked are stonkin'. Once they've finished their set I'll be up the road to karaoke.

...Oh I could hide 'neath the wings....

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:55 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:35 pm
The owners of the pub nearest mine (one that I walk past to get to the good one) have taken it upon themselves to fly Union flags, not just from their pub but from all surrounding railings etc. Who the feck do they think they are?
Their lunch special will be chlorine washed chicken I expect. Enjoy.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:24 pm

I shall be having a bit of a party. I'm celebrating being able to blame things like polar ice caps melting, Coronavirus and anything else I can think of, on Brexit and saying "told you so". Bit like the other way round relating to the curvature bananas, 85,000,000 Turks flooding into the UK and the like. Happy days.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:41 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:55 pm
Their lunch special will be chlorine washed chicken I expect. Enjoy.

No doubt served with the same chlorine washed salad we've been eating for years, Monty. :wink:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:55 pm

Non, rien de rien
Non, je ne regrette rien
Ni le bien qu'on m'a fait
Ni le mal
Tout ça m'est bien égal
Non, rien de rien
Non, je ne regrette rien

Just back with a boot full of food (seats down) for the shortages tomorrow, off to the South East coast to ready for the French/Spanish Armada, no need to hurry back no work Monday, digging out the biscuit tin with a couple of pennies in to buy shed loads of worthless properties as advised by weeping remainers :D

Don't forget 9th May 2016
David Cameron has pleaded for Britain to stay in the EU to help prevent the Continent being ripped apart by another conflict.

Mr Cameron today highlighted the UK’s role in bringing peace to Europe as he hit the referendum campaign trail - just hours before a rival speech by rival Tory MP Boris Johnson.

Introduced by Labour ex-Foreign Secretary David Miliband at the British Museum in London, he said: "Can we be so sure peace and stability on our continent are assured beyond any shadow of doubt? Is that a risk worth taking?

"I would never be so rash to make that assumption."

And Mr Cameron's spokesman admitted the government has made no contingency plans for a Leave vote in the June 23 referendum - despite the warning of war.
12th May 2016
A vote for Brexit could cost jobs, raise prices, see the pound fall sharply and even lead to recession, the Bank of England warned in its quarterly inflation report on Thursday.

In the Bank’s most outspoken comments to date on the consequences of the EU referendum, Mark Carney, BoE governor, cautioned that the risks of a vote to leave “could possibly include a technical recession”.
23rd May 2016
Leaving the European Union would tip the UK into a year-long recession, with up to 820,000 jobs lost within two years, Chancellor George Osborne says.

Publishing Treasury analysis, he said a Leave vote would cause an "immediate and profound" economic shock, with growth between 3% and 6% lower.

David Cameron said it was the "self-destruct option" for the country.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:01 pm

A generation saw how excited we were about the final Harry Potter books and thought "we'll have a bit of that".
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:29 am

Crikey!

I feel so British.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:48 am

Enoch wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:29 am
Crikey!

I feel so British.
I'm going to check in to A&E this morning. What with all that planning, they should have halved the waiting time by now, with all that extra cash.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:39 am

A YouGov poll, asking remain voters at which of the five stages of grief they now found themselves, registered only 30% who had reached acceptance of the fact of Britain’s departure from the EU: 19% are in denial, 16% are angry and 25% are depressed.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:44 am

Two days out and the sky has failed to fall in, no sign of the Armarda, just a slightly irritating whining sound with an Irish tone.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:33 pm

^^ Well that's coz nothing has yet changed. Everything pretty much still the same as it was on Thursday. They haven't got Brexit done yet. They've just tried to convince as many people as they can find, that it's done.

We will only see impacts of it when the government change something, over and after the transition period.

And when you're quoting shit in isolation, I don't remember much from leave about transition...coz it was the easiest deal in history...sorted in an afternoon over a cuppa...I think was the quote

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:58 pm

Had to laugh at the plonkers trying to set a flame-proof E.U flag alight. They gave up eventually and tore it up...Human nature is a strange thing.. :)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:06 pm

Trade deals and tariffs are a pretty dry topic. I don't get why a change in how we do business as a country prompts some people to react with parties and celebrations and others to wail and gnash their teeth.

It all seems over the top and a tad premature to me.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:12 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:58 pm
Had to laugh at the plonkers trying to set a flame-proof E.U flag alight. They gave up eventually and tore it up...Human nature is a strange thing.. :)
There's a lovely David Mitchell bit about people burning flags.

"We're burning your flag"
- no you're not, you're burning *your* flag, you've been and bought it.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:21 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:12 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:58 pm
There's a lovely David Mitchell bit about people burning flags.

"We're burning your flag"
- no you're not, you're burning *your* flag, you've been and bought it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: So true

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:27 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:33 pm
^^ Well that's coz nothing has yet changed. Everything pretty much still the same as it was on Thursday. They haven't got Brexit done yet. They've just tried to convince as many people as they can find, that it's done.

We will only see impacts of it when the government change something, over and after the transition period.

And when you're quoting shit in isolation, I don't remember much from leave about transition...coz it was the easiest deal in history...sorted in an afternoon over a cuppa...I think was the quote
No, wrong, remain told us the day after the vote that is what would happen. Can kicking, the EU and remainers are all the same animal :D
Anyway no more from me about this, I voted out and we are out, Johnson needs to deliver now.

On another topic, Quite liked Liza Nandy but she seems to be losing the plot a touch now and falling into the category of being just another stupid PC contender for labour leader.