The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Dujon » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:09 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:27 pm
Anyway no more from me about this, I voted out and we are out, Johnson needs to deliver now.
Is that a promise, Hoboh? For someone who hasn't stopped moaning and groaning since his side of the argument won the referendum/plebiscite I find the statement somewhat difficult to believe.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:17 am

Dujon wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:09 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Anyway no more from me about this, I voted out and we are out, Johnson needs to deliver now.
Is that a promise, Hoboh? For someone who hasn't stopped moaning and groaning since his side of the argument won the referendum/plebiscite I find the statement somewhat difficult to believe.
Yes, more important things like terrorists walking free after serving less than half their sentence to attack People, you know these sick rehabilitated cretin the lefty do gooders love so much.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:23 am

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:17 am
Dujon wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Yes, more important things like terrorists walking free after serving less than half their sentence to attack People, you know these sick rehabilitated cretin the lefty do gooders love so much.
You made that bit up - I'm all up for finding a different approach - clearly not working what we're currently doing. Just as an aside, I've forgot the last time we had a lefty do-gooders government in power that were making laws that would impact this.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:36 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:58 pm
Had to laugh at the plonkers trying to set a flame-proof E.U flag alight. They gave up eventually and tore it up...Human nature is a strange thing.. :)
You've gotta love EN 13773 :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:31 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:23 am
Hoboh wrote:
Dujon wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
You made that bit up - I'm all up for finding a different approach - clearly not working what we're currently doing. Just as an aside, I've forgot the last time we had a lefty do-gooders government in power that were making laws that would impact this.
WHAT!!! that tool Corbyn and his merry muckers, some of them running now to lead whats left of labour, condemned the fact the last scumbag stabbing people wearing a fake vest was shot dead.
Oh and don't forget Blair and his tools introduced quicker release for prisoners to fit in with the human rights act he signed up to driven by Morticia Booth.
Human rights only work alongside human responsibilities, think you can do exactly what you want, then face the consequences,

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:54 am

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:31 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:23 am
Hoboh wrote:
Dujon wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
WHAT!!! that tool Corbyn and his merry muckers, some of them running now to lead whats left of labour, condemned the fact the last scumbag stabbing people wearing a fake vest was shot dead.
Oh and don't forget Blair and his tools introduced quicker release for prisoners to fit in with the human rights act he signed up to driven by Morticia Booth.
Human rights only work alongside human responsibilities, think you can do exactly what you want, then face the consequences,
Which legislation has Corbyn and his merry muckers implemented that has any impact on what's occurring - Zero, nada, none - only one government in power that can change anything. Whatever Labour implemented, the Tories have had 10 years to change.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:46 pm

I think the reduction in time served has less to do with Corbyn and more to do with austerity. Longer sentences to appear tough on crime and let 'em out ever earlier as the prisons are too full due to cuts in budgets. Typical bullshit politics for an electorate with the attention span of a gnat.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:38 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:46 pm
I think the reduction in time served has less to do with Corbyn and more to do with austerity. Longer sentences to appear tough on crime and let 'em out ever earlier as the prisons are too full due to cuts in budgets. Typical bullshit politics for an electorate with the attention span of a gnat.
Well the terrorist sentencing guidelines were last updated in 2018 - so diddly squat to do with Tony Blair or Jeremy Corbyn as neither of them were in power. Pity that doesn't fit Hoboh's narrative. :-)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:50 pm

That'll be under left-wing softy Theresa May who as home secretary pushed for the limp-wristed "hostile environment" and sent out those do-gooder vans telling immigrants to "go home".
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:54 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:50 pm
That'll be under left-wing softy Theresa May who as home secretary pushed for the limp-wristed "hostile environment" and sent out those do-gooder vans telling immigrants to "go home".
That's the fella!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:03 pm

Dear Mr Prime Minister:

A probably silly even unanswerable question, but particularly relevant right now; where exactly is the money in the U.K going? Does anyone actually know? Every single public service is screeching "cuts" are killing them and their functions, and fund-raising has become almost an industry with constant shovelling the do-it-yourself problems back on on almost begging levels to the public. .

Bolton council tax is apparently set to rise by 3% soon, despite the bus and train services being pathetic, with hundreds late for work daily and the town centre will soon be a ghost town if many more businesses leave due to rents that can't be justified. And then there are the prisons where the court cases get more lunatic daily. If you added all the suspended sentences together as reality, five loaves and two fishes wouldn't go near it. Is supporting drug addicts another new industry or gangs of kids vandalising anything in their paths just part of growing up?

This isn't an indication of a well run country but one in deepest chaos. On top of it all, internet companies, your Sky, Virgin Media etc are continually promising faster this and more efficient that etc,(just how many installation point broadband boxes does one street need?) whilst they and the energy providers carry on ripping the public off. If unemployment figures are indeed down, then the tax office must be having a field day at today's income and taxing level. More helicopter rides for the Royals?

So, from an admitted exit voter,what's the score Mr Johnson, and what's likely to change for the better any time soon? Just wondering..?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:44 pm

Yes they know.

19% - Pensions,
19% - Health Care
11% - Education
6% - Defence
15% - Welfare
4% - Protection
4% - Transportation
2% - Gen Government
14% - Other Spending
6% - Interest

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:57 pm

I quite like this rather erudite take on events :)

May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:27 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:38 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Well the terrorist sentencing guidelines were last updated in 2018 - so diddly squat to do with Tony Blair or Jeremy Corbyn as neither of them were in power. Pity that doesn't fit Hoboh's narrative. :-)
You are right it doesn't fit my narrative I'd simply would have had them shot, seriously.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:30 am

Hoboh wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:27 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
You are right it doesn't fit my narrative I'd simply would have had them shot, seriously.
Well of course we did that with Jean Charles de Menezes in 2005. Unfortunately, he wasn't a terrorist.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:53 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:30 am
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Well of course we did that with Jean Charles de Menezes in 2005. Unfortunately, he wasn't a terrorist.
No, but he was, you know...

*waves palm in front of face*
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:56 am

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:53 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
No, but he was, you know...

*waves palm in front of face*
Long live human frailty.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:04 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Arrested, tried, convicted, shot. Of course that doesn't fit Worthy's narrative does it :lol:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:13 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:04 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Arrested, tried, convicted, shot. Of course that doesn't fit Worthy's narrative does it :lol:
What are you waffling about, man? Let's try this another way - are you advocating we bring back the death penalty?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:56 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:13 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:04 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
What are you waffling about, man? Let's try this another way - are you advocating we bring back the death penalty?
Absofcukingloutley bang on Bro.