Brewer's Droop - Burton Albion (A), 7:45pm, Tuesday, 10/03/20

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Brewer's Droop - Burton Albion (A), 7:45pm, Tuesday, 10/03/20

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:00 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:57 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:59 am
Prufrock wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:46 am
I see young Politic was in tears yesterday because he lost his man for their second goal.

I mean you'd rather he didn't lose the man but good to see he cares and a nice antidote to the ideas about "modern footballers".
I was a bit alarmed by that. What is the culture behind the scenes if a young lad makes a mistake (not even a blatant one) and is in tears?

Its nice to show he cares - if that is all it is - but its not a normal reaction to the circumstance.

I can well believe there might be problems with the in-house culture under Hill, but I think as he came off the pitch Hill did make sure to put his arm round him.

Murphy and Emmanuel reacted quite strongly to him failing to track his man (the irony of that), and he's still in his first season as a professional, so I don't know if there's any more to it than him thinking he's let the side down.
Not saying its anything to do with Hill. He has a record of working with young players. But something seemed off. I'm not keen on young players being got at by the older lads on the pitch - perhaps a captain who is a good judge can decide when a word is needed.

But anyway - not really something we want happening. Possibly lad is trying too hard - I certainly don't think he's played well since his contract was signed.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:38 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:00 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:57 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:59 am
Prufrock wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:46 am
I see young Politic was in tears yesterday because he lost his man for their second goal.

I mean you'd rather he didn't lose the man but good to see he cares and a nice antidote to the ideas about "modern footballers".
I was a bit alarmed by that. What is the culture behind the scenes if a young lad makes a mistake (not even a blatant one) and is in tears?

Its nice to show he cares - if that is all it is - but its not a normal reaction to the circumstance.

I can well believe there might be problems with the in-house culture under Hill, but I think as he came off the pitch Hill did make sure to put his arm round him.

Murphy and Emmanuel reacted quite strongly to him failing to track his man (the irony of that), and he's still in his first season as a professional, so I don't know if there's any more to it than him thinking he's let the side down.
Not saying its anything to do with Hill. He has a record of working with young players. But something seemed off. I'm not keen on young players being got at by the older lads on the pitch - perhaps a captain who is a good judge can decide when a word is needed.

But anyway - not really something we want happening. Possibly lad is trying too hard - I certainly don't think he's played well since his contract was signed.

It seems to me that he'd be better off playing on the left. He's not a traditional winger, and would benefit from being in a position to cut inside onto his right foot where he can really cause the opposition problems.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:41 pm

Highlights. Watch and weep.
https://youtu.be/TLd43Z9BhKo
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:35 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:41 pm
Highlights. Watch and weep.
https://youtu.be/TLd43Z9BhKo
Alright that. A draw against a team 11 places & 22 points (excl -12) ahead of us in the league. According to the highlights more chances for us than them - including 1 off the line - and on their patch too.

Not a bad result overall

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:38 pm

When you put it like that it's nearly a win!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.