COVID-19/20 season

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: COVID-19/20 season

Post by Prufrock » Thu May 07, 2020 12:55 pm

Will be interesting to see if they do play games behind closed doors whether we can tell the difference :P

This season, next season, who knows. Despite having lived within a mile of it for the past 8 years I still haven't been since the our 2008 I think. The memory of all the food they had left being a broccoli pie still hasn't left me
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu May 07, 2020 1:08 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 11:40 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 11:17 pm
We've just bought a flat that looks out directly at the Emirates, 400m across the train tracks. Not sure it's even double glazed :)
Jealous! Come to a game next season Pru!
Do it, Pru. You could be the mascot!
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu May 07, 2020 1:24 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 12:55 pm
Will be interesting to see if they do play games behind closed doors whether we can tell the difference :P

This season, next season, who knows. Despite having lived within a mile of it for the past 8 years I still haven't been since the our 2008 I think. The memory of all the food they had left being a broccoli pie still hasn't left me
Did you come that time to a youth game with me, verbal, Gte and I can’t remember who else? Or even when it was?!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu May 07, 2020 1:56 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 1:24 pm
Prufrock wrote:

Did you come that time to a youth game with me, verbal, Gte and I can’t remember who else? Or even when it was?!
Under 21's league game wasn't it? Must be nearly 10 years ago.

This? https://www.arsenal.com/match/report/14 ... ton-report

Actually I think it was this. At the Emirates....https://player.arsenal.com/video/under-21s-v-bolton

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu May 07, 2020 2:03 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 1:56 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Actually I think it was this. At the Emirates....https://player.arsenal.com/video/under-21s-v-bolton
Loved that you’ve browsed the arsenal website for that 🤔😉 Was Mummywhycantieatcrayons with us too?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu May 07, 2020 3:23 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 2:03 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 1:56 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Loved that you’ve browsed the arsenal website for that 🤔😉 Was Mummywhycantieatcrayons with us too?
Didn't though. Just typed in Under 21's Arsenal v Bolton and those two came up. Little Miss Enfield was in attendance I recall......

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri May 08, 2020 12:50 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Nope I wasn't at that (thanks for the invite :roll: )

:D I don't think we've ever met (this is where embarrass me by saying I was absolutely leathered at x game a couple of years ago)!

Though this gives me an idea...
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri May 08, 2020 2:25 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 12:50 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Nope I wasn't at that (thanks for the invite :roll: )

:D I don't think we've ever met (this is where embarrass me by saying I was absolutely leathered at x game a couple of years ago)!

Though this gives me an idea...
:D your best mate Verbal didn’t invite you either!

My memory is not what it used to be now I’m pushing 40 but I’ve been to a fair few London Bolton games over the years so I’m sure we must have. I can’t remember either though so it clearly wasn’t a momentous event if we did! Next season?! If we are ever allowed back to football! :cry: And if you ever do fancy watching your local team...

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri May 08, 2020 8:07 pm

Trust me, if you'd met him you'd remember.

I still get the flashbacks!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri May 08, 2020 8:22 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 8:07 pm

You'll know him by his mating call: "You get these and I'll get the next round."
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri May 08, 2020 9:43 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 8:22 pm
Enoch wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 8:07 pm

You'll know him by his mating call: "You get these and I'll get the next round."
:lol:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun May 24, 2020 1:59 pm

In the UK, a former English Football Association chief executive has warned that clubs could face “insolvency” amid the pandemic.

Former English Football Association chief executive Mark Palios has warned the cost of the coronavirus to lower-league clubs could be even larger than the £200m forecast by officials.

Rick Parry, the chairman of the English Football League, which governs the three divisions below the Premier League, estimated the cost of lockdown earlier this month.

But Palios, the chairman of third-tier Tranmere, believes the financial damage could be worse.

Palios told Sky News:

Whilst you may look at the ‘hole’ which has been articulated as £200m to September – I think it’s bigger than that.

There is a real financial maelstrom coming towards the league at this point in time.

I personally believe we haven’t seen the worst of it yet, and during the course of the summer you’ll see a lot more financial stress on the clubs as we move onwards and continue to pay wages.

I think what you’ll see is a lot of clubs will stumble down the road to insolvency.

Teams in third-division League One have still to agree on how to end their season, with Palios – whose club sit in the relegation zone – calling for relegation to be scrapped.

“We don’t want to have a decision foisted upon us that is going to affect us financially,” said Palios. “Why would you … in terms of certain clubs, foist on them an even worse position?”

Palios said the impact of the coronavirus meant EFL rules that hit insolvent clubs with points penalties should be relaxed.

Although points deductions can be appealed against on the grounds of “force majeure” events, Palios also called for a clarification of rules regarding clubs which entered administration.

“This is a consequence of a pandemic, so I think they need to be considering that clubs may need to go to the protection of administration,” he said.
Never was fair to deduct clubs points in the first place pal, live with it!

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Wed May 27, 2020 6:22 pm

Still no decision, the EFL once again showing that they can Vicky Pollard look decisive.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:27 pm

Looks like we'll finally have a decision tomorrow.
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... ssion=true
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:54 pm

Club have started selling from the club shop. Ordered a couple of tops for running as it felt like the right thing to do!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:57 pm

And we are now finally relegated.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:57 pm

We've been relgated. :cry:
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:38 pm

My brothers and sisters, we have been here before. We rose again then, and we can rise again again. Might not be immediate, and there'll be plenty along presently to worry that there may be no tomorrow. But you and I can't change that, so for now, have faith. We are Bolton, and we are proud, and we will support them.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:21 pm

I hope the club said that they would be against getting automatic relegation.

Ending the season early was probably the right thing to do but to turn around and say we'll take a relegation without putting up a challenge seems a little hard to take.

Hopefully next season is a fresh start.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:46 pm

We need as good a go at pre season as possible - sooner the club are in a position to sell season tickets (with I follow options possible I am guessing) the better.

We’re Bolton Wanderers, we are on our way back.