General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:42 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:26 am
The Guide dogs association have labradors up for adoption who have been house trained but just failed to meet the very high standards to be a sight dog. I'm sure they'll have some young dogs that would get along great with Paddy.

Might be worth rehoming your cat though, just to be on the safe side
:shock: :spank: Don’t think that would go down well with Mr GG!

Looking for something a bit smaller then a lab I think. Only so much space in this house!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:55 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:42 am
Harry Genshaw wrote:
The Guide dogs association have labradors up for adoption who have been house trained but just failed to meet the very high standards to be a sight dog. I'm sure they'll have some young dogs that would get along great with Paddy.

Looking for something a bit smaller then a lab I think. Only so much space in this house!

Get a Bichon. They’re mad, but ace! Yes, they are a proper dog. 🙄

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:03 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:55 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

No chance, sorry! Our opinions differ on this one! Want something actually bigger then the cat :wink:

If I’m getting a pure breed it will be a spaniel. Best dogs ever. Only other dog i’d like is a red setter but they are huge.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:03 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:03 am
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:55 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

No chance, sorry! Our opinions differ on this one! Want something actually bigger then the cat :wink:

If I’m getting a pure breed it will be a spaniel. Best dogs ever. Only other dog i’d like is a red setter but they are huge.
The best IMHO.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:12 pm

Hoboh, we’ve already got one that’s mostly black lab! (Cross mongrel!) Do you have a dog?
Attachments
C379D724-0940-470A-B23B-74891CE12B9C.jpeg
C379D724-0940-470A-B23B-74891CE12B9C.jpeg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 5139 times

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:02 am

Not for a while GG, we spent a lot of time going overseas on Jollies and felt it very unfair to have any sort of pet whilst doing this, now after whats happened and hols overseas don't hold the same appeal, we may get another friend.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:10 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:02 am
Not for a while GG, we spent a lot of time going overseas on Jollies and felt it very unfair to have any sort of pet whilst doing this, now after whats happened and hols overseas don't hold the same appeal, we may get another friend.
Do it! Would you get a lab?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:39 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:10 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:02 am
Do it! Would you get a lab?
Probably, a friend of ours has a black Lab gun dog who is the softest most mild mannered dog you can imagine (when not working) even let's the little girl down the road ride on it's back and smoothest her with kisses. Owner pretends he's strict with it but he loves that dog to pieces it is extremely well behaved.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:03 pm

Got a broody hen been sitting on supposedly fertile eggs. Hatch date was around today. Nothing yet. Am on tenterhooks but fearing 0 babies :cry:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:28 pm

What are people doing about holidays this year? Debating booking a cottage in Wales on air b n b for a week this summer. Risky?! Trying to find and confirm the cancellation policies!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:48 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:28 pm
What are people doing about holidays this year? Debating booking a cottage in Wales on air b n b for a week this summer. Risky?! Trying to find and confirm the cancellation policies!
I've travelled far and wide in the last 10 years since retirement. Now I only leave the house once a week for groceries. I am high risk and a bit scared. I used to take Caribbean cruises, but I may rethink that. The UK does not seem that good about Covid 19 control.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:53 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
All being well, and depending very much on the re-entry criteria, visiting friends in Portugal for a week.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:35 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
With a fair cancellation policy that seems fine to me. I'd not be even thinking of booking a foreign holiday - not because I'm worried about catching the virus particularly - though clearly its a concern - but mainly because the delights of a good holiday abroad are going to be so heavily restricted that it seems like a total waste of time and money.

I guess if you have friends like BR does then its ok. But no way would I fancy staying in any hotel anywhere now. A cottage sounds a good bet to me.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:41 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:35 pm

I guess if you have friends like BR does then its ok. But no way would I fancy staying in any hotel anywhere now. A cottage sounds a good bet to me.
Oh, absolutely. If this option wasn't / proves not to be available, coupled with the fact that this year's Green Man has been cancelled, then it's Keswick and the tent.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:41 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:41 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Oh, absolutely. If this option wasn't / proves not to be available, coupled with the fact that this year's Green Man has been cancelled, then it's Keswick and the tent.
BP suggested Bury caravan park to me. I may not take him up on it...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:47 am

2-3 years before I'll consider a holiday abroad again, BWFCi sums up the restricted, unless you just like pool lounging and the hotel bar service, with restrictions to a tee.

Start really worrying GG if someone suggests little Lever caravan park :D

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:41 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:41 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

BP suggested Bury caravan park to me. I may not take him up on it...
:conf: It's lovely this time of year....when it's not pissing down. Besides you can come and dump the kids here! Bet you're tempted now! 8)

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:47 am
2-3 years before I'll consider a holiday abroad again, BWFCi sums up the restricted, unless you just like pool lounging and the hotel bar service, with restrictions to a tee.

Start really worrying GG if someone suggests little Lever caravan park :D

:lol:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:45 pm

No Virologist, me, but I'm far from convinced that we've reached stage three. Also, I remain fecking appalled by the laissez faire attitude being exhibited by so many in relation to social distancing.

By way of 'new normal', by the way, I've just had my first ever GP appointment to be held over Skype. :)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:17 pm

Happy Birthday Worthy! Hope you’re having a great day! X