Summer 2020 transfers

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:32 am

Bit of a shrewd move to unveil the marquee Delfounso signing so soon after the Jak Hickman announcement... young Jak seems to have gotten away with it!!

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:01 pm

Alex Baptiste back

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:02 pm

SIGNING KLAXON

Alex Baptiste, one-year deal.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:04 pm

Happy with that. New captain?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:07 pm

Bap is back (or bread cake if you prefer).

Decent signing at this level surely?? And nice to get some experience on board...and finally kudos for DSB for calling this one way back when!

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:24 pm

Baptiste is back! Brockers will definitely be going on loan now I reckon.
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:33 pm

Brings our average height down a bit, he's only 5ft11

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:37 pm

Tong Po fights on!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:38 pm

He adds versatility can play CB or RB/LB in a back four which we might not play much but might sometimes. I think it’s shrewd. Experienced and knows Evatt. Have to say the club have absolutely excelled this summer. Getting a new management team squad together with more than a month to go and absolutely no fuss. The days of managers being unhappy with recruitment etc and stuff dragging on to the last week or so seem to be behind us.

Plenty of time for them to bond and work on shape. One more striker maybe and another midfield player maybe. But we can wait and be picky.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:47 pm

Need another left wingback, preferably experienced, and looky here - Callum McFadzean, promoted with Bury and Plymouth, has now left the latter because he wants to move back north.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.plymou ... 378912.amp

He’s been linked with Donny and Salford but considering his mate Sarce is here and we’ll be playing a back three like Lowe, I imagine we just be trying to tempt him.

Oh and he also played on loan in this division in 2013/14 with another team destined for promotion. Chesterfield. With Doyle up top and Evatt at the back.
Last edited by Dave Sutton's barnet on Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:49 pm

I think he'll play in the middle of the three (competing with Delaney?). Two big lads with pace either side who want to step out into midfield and get us on the front foot. More experienced head directing things from the middle.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:54 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:49 pm
I think he'll play in the middle of the three (competing with Delaney?). Two big lads with pace either side who want to step out into midfield and get us on the front foot. More experienced head directing things from the middle.
Agree. Perhaps also spotting a longer ping. Evatt won’t want pointless tiki-taka: if an accurate ball to a player in space is available, he’ll want it taken.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:47 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:38 pm
He adds versatility can play CB or RB/LB in a back four which we might not play much but might sometimes. I think it’s shrewd. Experienced and knows Evatt. Have to say the club have absolutely excelled this summer. Getting a new management team squad together with more than a month to go and absolutely no fuss. The days of managers being unhappy with recruitment etc and stuff dragging on to the last week or so seem to be behind us.

Plenty of time for them to bond and work on shape. One more striker maybe and another midfield player maybe. But we can wait and be picky.
Do you think we may have got wind that players signed before the salary cap is officially announced won't fully count against it? I'd be quite surprised if we've managed to squeeze all these in for below £1.5m p.a.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:51 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:47 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Do you think we may have got wind that players signed before the salary cap is officially announced won't fully count against it? I'd be quite surprised if we've managed to squeeze all these in for below £1.5m p.a.
I would say that this is extremely likely given the EFL just confirmed the allowance for contracts signed before today.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:11 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:51 pm
The_Gun wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I would say that this is extremely likely given the EFL just confirmed the allowance for contracts signed before today.
I'm sure that plays a part - but not furloughing Phoenix (for all the flak they took) looks like a genius move. I'm sure he lined much of this up in that period - and I'm sure he and Evatt were planning before Evatt was announced as manager....

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:11 pm
The_Gun wrote:
The_Gun wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I'm sure that plays a part - but not furloughing Phoenix (for all the flak they took) looks like a genius move. I'm sure he lined much of this up in that period - and I'm sure he and Evatt were planning before Evatt was announced as manager....
Lets hope you are correct. I know virtually nothing about the new players coming in except what can be found on YouTube and Wiki. I think us Bolton fans could do with a bit of excitement and entertainment after years of dross.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:09 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:56 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:11 pm
The_Gun wrote:
The_Gun wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Lets hope you are correct. I know virtually nothing about the new players coming in except what can be found on YouTube and Wiki. I think us Bolton fans could do with a bit of excitement and entertainment after years of dross.
I'm not saying they are going to be amazing - as much in the dark about most of these as you are. But the plan feels solid - like we're recruiting to a system and style with a manager who knows what he wants. We've had most of them training with us before they signed and the group will get a full pre season. It may still be a disaster but it just feels like we might be on the right track....

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:18 pm

I suppose the downside to all this activity is that when the transfer window is slamming shut as it inevitably does we will all be tucked up in bed as the quota of signings will have been reached many days previous. :D
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:59 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:32 am
Bit of a shrewd move to unveil the marquee Delfounso signing so soon after the Jak Hickman announcement... young Jak seems to have gotten away with it!!
Sorry, I've missed summat here. What is it that young Jak's (is that really how it's spelled? fecking hell fire) 'gotten away with'?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:09 pm

https://youtu.be/Zt9fVUmwLwI

It's probably not worth the watch tbf. Young footballer, too rich too soon, makes c*nt of himself.

Imagine Alan Stubbs if he was off his tits and, you know, hadn't done anything in the game yet.

But I mean he's still a kid even now. Clean slate for me.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.