New ownership - Football Ventures

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: New ownership - Football Ventures

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:34 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:14 pm

Is it dusty in here? Seems to be something in my eye...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:41 pm

In spare moments today, did a little bit of comparison with other clubs' ST prices. Many haven't yet announced their plans, prices or either. Others are atypically complicated, with offers of money back if season isn't completed etc. However, as far as I can tell, these are the cheapest (including early-bird) tickets for adults, for terrace or seats, each team has available.

Bradford, who are expecting a 7,000 capacity after having 13,000 STs last season, are only selling "half" STs (switching from one game to the next). Their £150 price - suggested in local price, not yet confirmed - drags the division's floor down but it's only half. Salford, on the other hand, appear to be asking little more for the full whack, but then they are run by millionaires and owned by a billionaire.

More pertinently, perhaps, we're way under the price of many - the thick end of a hundred quid less than Barrow, Cambridge, Carlisle, Crawley, Mansfield, Port Vale, Scunny and Tranmere, plus FGR's price last season. Hat-tip to Exeter for asking north of £400 to sit in that ground.
Screenshot 2020-08-17 at 19.31.56.png
Screenshot 2020-08-17 at 19.31.56.png (212.95 KiB) Viewed 5045 times

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:20 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:41 pm
In spare moments today, did a little bit of comparison with other clubs' ST prices. Many haven't yet announced their plans, prices or either. Others are atypically complicated, with offers of money back if season isn't completed etc. However, as far as I can tell, these are the cheapest (including early-bird) tickets for adults, for terrace or seats, each team has available.

Bradford, who are expecting a 7,000 capacity after having 13,000 STs last season, are only selling "half" STs (switching from one game to the next). Their £150 price - suggested in local price, not yet confirmed - drags the division's floor down but it's only half. Salford, on the other hand, appear to be asking little more for the full whack, but then they are run by millionaires and owned by a billionaire.

More pertinently, perhaps, we're way under the price of many - the thick end of a hundred quid less than Barrow, Cambridge, Carlisle, Crawley, Mansfield, Port Vale, Scunny and Tranmere, plus FGR's price last season. Hat-tip to Exeter for asking north of £400 to sit in that ground.

Screenshot 2020-08-17 at 19.31.56.png

I honestly think ours are priced pretty much spot on.

After I saw a few comments on Twitter this morning about £349 being too steep I checked out what other clubs in the league were offering and was surprised to see just how expensive they are in general. If you wanted to buy a season ticket for Morecambe’s main stand it would set you back £459!...Four hundred and fifty nine English pounds to watch a team for whom a successful season would be anywhere above 23rd.

When you think we have, by far, the best stadium in the division, spent good money to hire a successful, exciting, driven manager and have currently had the most active transfer window, signing last seasons top scorer and 3rd place’s player of the year, it starts to look like a bit of a bargain.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:23 am

I loved the video and very happy with the ST prices too. There'll always be a few sniping from the sidelines via social media but feck em. After being so close to losing our club altogether I think the majority are glad to be able to support them in whatever way is possible.

My IT skills, or the clubs website, prevented me from buying 3 last night so I'm hoping for a call today to wrap it up. I just hope we can get in the grounds asap.

Can I just make a plea for Lifeline and Goldline? It's a great way to support the club, particularly if you're unable to get an ST. To be in both costs about £13 a month (Lifeline approx 8 quid, Goldline a fiver). As well as discounts off club stuff, including STs, your odds of winning something are far greater than most other lotterys and proceeds go directly to the development association.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:53 am

Fine by me. Revolution joined. Bury supporters would jump at the chance of paying these prices to watch The Shakers, I'm sure. Short memories, some folk.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:55 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:23 am
I loved the video and very happy with the ST prices too.
As I mentioned elsewhere - Other than for CCTV perhaps, that must be the first time that Johnson Fold's ever been used to help sell anything. :)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:58 pm

4,000 STs sold already, and that's with plenty folk still waiting for a call-back after the computer melted on the opening morning...

Last time we were in the Fourth, our average home attendance was 4,994 (all comps), 5,027 (league only)...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:36 pm

Academy Manager hired: Mark Litherland, ex Accy, Burnley & Bury youth coach.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2020/august ... y-manager/

Litherland:
Bolton Wanderers is a huge football club with an incredible catchment area and I am delighted to accept the role. Having spoken to the Head Coach Ian Evatt and understanding his philosophy it very much mirrors what we were accomplishing at Bury in terms of developing youth. At Gigg Lane we produced 25 players for the first team and made over £2.5 million in player sales so I’ve got a good history in helping to develop players for the first team.
Phoenix:
We are delighted to welcome Mark to Bolton Wanderers Football Club. He brings with him a wealth of coaching experience and a strong track record of success in developing young players and putting them on the pathway to a career in professional football. There was huge interest in this role, with some very strong candidates shortlisted; however, Mark’s philosophy, which aligns with ours, drive and ambition shone through and we cannot wait to begin working with him.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:14 pm

I can't claim to know anything about him other than what's been published in the press release, but a cursory viewing of Bury's youth teams on Youtube shows them playing a style of football similar to that which Evatt is trying to implement here.

Quite a few of the youngsters who were there at the time of their expulsion from the league have sinced moved on to Premier League Academies, which bodes well, and of course one of them, Bright Amoateng, is currently training with us.

Good luck to him, and hopefully, us.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:53 am

A buzzing Mark Litherland reports for training.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:59 pm

Can you make that a bit bigger?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:05 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:53 am
A buzzing Mark Litherland reports for training.

:lol:
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:06 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:59 pm

Now where have I heard that before? :oops:
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:14 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:06 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:59 pm

Now where have I heard that before? :oops:
Fck, did I whisper it at you, pissed, too?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:08 am

Long read from The Athletic (£) looking back on FV's first year.

https://theathletic.com/2028840/2020/08 ... ian-evatt/