What's the collective noun for a group of wheelchair bound detectives? Newport County at home. 26th Sep 2020 3.00pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: What's the collective noun for a group of wheelchair bound detectives? Newport County at home. 26th Sep 2020 3.00pm

Post by DJBlu » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:57 pm

Anything positive comes out of Evatts mouth is going to fall on deaf ears.

Santos cannot start again as he's not a defender. He's a food bank Yoan Zouma.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Re: What's the collective noun for a group of wheelchair bound detectives? Newport County at home. 26th Sep 2020 3.00pm

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:59 pm

We can't defend and we have no idea how to create in the final third.

Teams will happily sit in front of us whilst we slowly pass it about and then hit us on the break when we cock it up. If the lads can't play quick ball then this will be 10 games lost on the bounce and Evatt talking about how he's only being sacked because of the losing mentality of the chairs in the stadium producing negative vibrations in the cosmic field.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:00 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:53 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:41 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:39 pm
Doyle must be wondering what the feck he's signed up to.

Fox in the box being asked to play target man.
He’s not doing nearly enough whatever he is.
Harsh that I think. Doyle, White, Delf and Taft the only ones who shouldn't be down the job centre.
I don’t think any of them did nearly enough. Not for me. White possibly. Looks the only footballer in the side. It’s beyond worrying now.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:01 pm

Evattts looks like all the bad bits of freedman Lee and Coyle morphed into one.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:01 pm

I just don't see any positives. We're creating nowt up top, hopeless in possession and utterly appalling at the back. A few more weeks of that and we'd have to rip it all up and start again.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:03 pm

We look like a very weak side. Our best player to me is Doyle but nothing is coming up to him. Our midfield is weak, slow, predictable and easy to defend against. No penetrating passes, not picking up the runs of our forward players, focused on possession and not penetration. Are they playing to instructions? The defense.. well what can I say? ball watching, reactive instead of reading the play, dreadful positioning when marking.

Forget promotion. Start looking at what's happening to our relegation rivals.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:03 pm

To be fecking Frank I’d rip it all up regardless, whatever “it” actually is. There is not one part of our play that looks football league.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:06 pm

Santos is the worst footballer I've ever seen play organised football. Like with a ref.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:12 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:06 pm
Santos is the worst footballer I've ever seen play organised football. Like with a ref.
He wouldn't get any better without a ref.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:14 pm

Can we furlough him?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:15 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:03 pm
We look like a very weak side. Our best player to me is Doyle but nothing is coming up to him. Our midfield is weak, slow, predictable and easy to defend against. No penetrating passes, not picking up the runs of our forward players, focused on possession and not penetration. Are they playing to instructions? The defense.. well what can I say? ball watching, reactive instead of reading the play, dreadful positioning when marking.

You really couldn't tell Doyle was our best player. He's done fcuk all (with fcuk all service).

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:16 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:14 pm
Can we furlough him?
If that doesn't pay all his wages, we're getting robbed.

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:17 pm

I need to find something better to do with my Saturday afternoons

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:22 pm

Evatt's system relies on the idea of "rotating midfielders", whereby the mids move and flow between positions and that confuses defenders as they try to pick up marking patterns. That makes space that can be passed through.

The trouble is, it requires speed of movement and every player in the midfield needs to be able to pick a pass. White was okay at that for non-league, but he's not doing it in league football at the minute. Comley is a destroyer. Our only clever passer is Crawford and nobody is reading him at the minute. Add in that he's not playing amazing football and that the movement in front of him is garbage and it's a bad mix. We go wide and look for the cross every time and it's so slow that two men can close the ball when we do.

It's hopeless at the moment. We have gone backwards in terms of our bravery playing through the middle. We need players to break lines and it's just not happening. That has the forwards dropping back 40 yards to try and dribble past 5 men, which in turn means when we do get it forward there's often nobody to find in the box.

Woeful.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:23 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:15 pm
irie Cee Bee wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:03 pm

You really couldn't tell Doyle was our best player. He's done fcuk all (with fcuk all service).
Tells you how poor we are that the best player I see on the pitch doesn't get the ball.. Seriously though, he makes the runs, aggressive when he gets it looking to do something, even though he is crowded out by defenders who see him as the only threat. If he had a decent player playing off him, he will score many.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:28 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:23 pm
Tells you how poor we are that the best player I see on the pitch doesn't get the ball.. Seriously though, he makes the runs, aggressive when he gets it looking to do something, even though he is crowded out by defenders who see him as the only threat. If he had a decent player playing off him, he will score many.
He makes the run off the shoulder, but he does it when there are 4 men between him and ball carrier. We need more players making runs and showing for passed in the final third, but we are really lazy at times. We also don't track back when we lose the ball. The number of times we give up overloads on the counter and then out players come jogging back a few seconds later.

It's just not good enough.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:55 pm

I was certainly not impressed by any of our midfield players. They seem to play at half pace throughout the game and not showing for the ball. When we get throws its like nobody wants the ball. When we lose it, nobody presses the passer who has all day to pick out his aggressive runners who reach our final third in no time, so unlike us with our dainty passing. Our passing in the final third when we get there after eternity is dreadful. In fact, the only player who seems always to want to make a penetrating pass forward out of midfield is Santos of all the persons. Horrors!!

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:11 pm

Honestly, the whole teams looks like they're there against their will at the minute. Every run looks laboured.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:29 pm

The bottom line is we’ve signed a bunch of lower league and non league players thrown them together and expected them to magically play football out from the back. We’ve bought into Evatt being able to do this because he did it at Barrow. But football doesn’t work like this. We are not good enough to play like this. We can keep trying but at what point do you say it’s not working?

We can not afford to keep losing games. So I’d say we need to play a more traditional 4-3-3 sit a bit deeper, take Santos out and hit the channels as an outlet. We need 11 grafters. Not players who hide.

It’s basic graft and effort needed. We aren’t good enough to play through teams. Full stop.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:29 pm
The bottom line is we’ve signed a bunch of lower league and non league players thrown them together and expected them to magically play football out from the back.
This is the point I made to people on twitter and elsewhere who said we'd piss the league.

How many of our players would definitely be at league teams now if we hadn't picked them up?

Doyle, Sarce, Crawford, Delf, Taft and Jones. White would probably have been kept on at Barrow. Crellin would be in Blackpool's reserves. Who else? Maybe someone would have given Baptiste a final year for his experience.