Oh My Cod! Will we put them in their Plaice? Grimsby Town (H), League 2, Saturday 10th October @ 15:00

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Oh My Cod! Will we put them in their Plaice? Grimsby Town (H), League 2, Saturday 10th October @ 15:00

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:56 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:55 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:14 am
Oldham have bagged 16 goals across 9 games this season...Saturday might be interesting.
Yeah, but four of those were in the Sherpa Van against Wolves' kids (three of them in the last five minutes) and another three in their opening League Cup game. Which is nice for them and all, and I'd take those goals at the moment, but in their five league games they've scored 7 - one to put them ahead, three equalisers and three "to cut the deficit". The latter six show they're game, but also show the problem: they've notably conceded 13, or 2.6 per game – nobody in the Football League has conceded more. If we can't score against these, I'll start to worry.
Quite - Morcambe in first place have conceded more than us (by 1). So as ever, it'll come down to who scores most on the day. I could envisage them scoring at least one and leaving us looking nervously around for two or maybe three if they were to grab a second...as I say interesting. :-)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Oh My Cod! Will we put them in their Plaice? Grimsby Town (H), League 2, Saturday 10th October @ 15:00

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:32 am

BWFC Analysis has set up a blog (hooray!) for a longer read about why Doyle isn't working.

https://bwfcanalysis.wordpress.com/2020 ... -analysis/

In short: (1) he's coming too deep partly because (2) we don't get enough men forward fast enough, and teams drop back in numbers.

It’s a fascinating read, which I enjoyed last night in bed afore nodding off. And that might explain what happened next.

Considering I play football, watch football, write about football and think about football an awful lot, it’s a bit odd that I almost never dream about it. But last night I did. And I was playing for Wanderers. I’m not sure who I was, but I was definitely one of the midfielders. I’d guess either Sarce or Crawford.

Because we were trying to break, and I was looking backwards, where Brandon Comley – who was actually, in the impeccable logic of dreams, comedian and Chase quizzer Paul Sinha – had received the ball on the edge of our box, with a good chance to counter. But Comley/Sinha delayed, looked sideways, shuffled and shambled, while the opposition funnelled back around him. I started to scream at the portly funster to release the ball, but by now there were dozens of opponents, and the moment was being lost. As the air turned black with a thousand foes, my desperation turned to abuse, and I screamed at the knowledgable japester that this was worse than a war crime, at which point Ian Evatt stopped the game, insisted I avoided hyperbole and cited Godwin’s Law. Then I woke up.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:07 pm

Are you sure it was a dream?!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:19 pm

Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:32 am
BWFC Analysis has set up a blog (hooray!) for a longer read about why Doyle isn't working.

In short: (1) he's coming too deep partly because (2) we don't get enough men forward fast enough, and teams drop back in numbers.

It’s a fascinating read, which I enjoyed last night in bed afore nodding off. And that might explain what happened next.

Considering I play football, watch football, write about football and think about football an awful lot, it’s a bit odd that I almost never dream about it. But last night I did. And I was playing for Wanderers. I’m not sure who I was, but I was definitely one of the midfielders. I’d guess either Sarce or Crawford.

Because we were trying to break, and I was looking backwards, where Brandon Comley – who was actually, in the impeccable logic of dreams, comedian and Chase quizzer Paul Sinha – had received the ball on the edge of our box, with a good chance to counter. But Comley/Sinha delayed, looked sideways, shuffled and shambled, while the opposition funnelled back around him. I started to scream at the portly funster to release the ball, but by now there were dozens of opponents, and the moment was being lost. As the air turned black with a thousand foes, my desperation turned to abuse, and I screamed at the knowledgable japester that this was worse than a war crime, at which point Ian Evatt stopped the game, insisted I avoided hyperbole and cited Godwin’s Law. Then I woke up.

Aciiiiiiid! As we used to say in '88.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:37 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:19 pm
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:32 am

Aciiiiiiid! As we used to say in '88.