Cam v Croal a Punting Challenge: League 2, Cambridge v Bolton (A) Saturday October 24 14:00

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Cam v Croal a Punting Challenge: League 2, Cambridge v Bolton (A) Saturday October 24 14:00

Post by Dujon » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:54 pm

This is a real test for our players and I.E.'s air castles. We'll find out in due course, of course. In the interim what thinks you? They've only shipped four goals so far this season which does not bode well for our attack, such as it is.
Me? I'd be over the moon with one point.

Off you go, the whistle has been blown.
Last edited by Dujon on Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: Cam v Croal a Punting Challenge: League 2, Cambridge v Bolton (A) Sunday October 25 15:00

Post by DJBlu » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:04 pm

We are underdogs, nothing expected so they might have a chance to stop worrying. Sarcevic has already started the battle call in his comments yesterday after the game.

The luck from yesterday's game looks to have given the team a real boost. Evatt was literally bouncing in his interview. Keep it up through the week, drop Baptiste off in Birmingham, bench Crawford and we might be on for a good game.

Us v the world.

Come on Bolton!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Cam v Croal a Punting Challenge: League 2, Cambridge v Bolton (A) Sunday October 25 15:00

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:08 pm

I think there should be a prize of "an internet pint" for anyone successfully naming the line-up before it's announced on Saturday.

They seem to be the diagonal opposite of us at the moment - W5, D1, L1 scoring better than 2 goals a game and conceding one every other game. If we play like last night, we're fooked.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:54 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:08 pm
I think there should be a prize of "an internet pint" for anyone successfully naming the line-up before it's announced on Saturday.
I'll start;

Flying Goalies
Baptiste (Capt) - wherever he feels like.
Brockbank - up top
Gnu - left wing
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:59 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
I used to run a thing like that on here back in the Megson days. We'd all be buggert now.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:23 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:59 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
I used to run a thing like that on here back in the Megson days. We'd all be buggert now.

I'd struggle to name 11 players in our current squad, less still the starting XI. Does that lad Whatmore still get a game?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:08 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:23 pm

I'd struggle to name 11 players in our current squad, less still the starting XI. Does that lad Whatmore still get a game?
I'm so glad it's not just me, Domingos. 🙂

I have the squad list printed off and next to the laptop for games, with those in the team marked off with a tick, and those on the bench with a X.

I've still no idea as to where half of them play, but then seemingly neither have they :?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:11 pm

Our last few games it's felt like a decent side would really put us to the sword. There's none more decent than this lot at the moment but I wonder if Sarcs late goal is a turning point?

No way we're keeping a clean sheet.

4-2 win :oyea:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:02 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:08 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:23 pm

I'm so glad it's not just me, Domingos. 🙂

I have the squad list printed off and next to the laptop for games, with those in the team marked off with a tick, and those on the bench with a X.

I've still no idea as to where half of them play, but then seemingly neither have they :?
And all that research I did for you over summer :D

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:25 pm

Of the teams (4) that have worse goals conceded than us, 2 of them are only worse because they got tanked 5-0 by Cambridge.

This could be very, very ugly.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:00 am

I obviously haven't seen them play this season, but I can see that 38 year old Wes Hoolahan appears to be a mainstay of their team. It's a sign of the times that even at that age I'm pretty worried about the ability of our defenders to cope with that tricky little bugger.

If we're going with two deep lying midfielders again I might even be tempted to play Brockbank as one of them, to give a bit more defensive solidity.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:35 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:25 pm
Of the teams (4) that have worse goals conceded than us, 2 of them are only worse because they got tanked 5-0 by Cambridge.

This could be very, very ugly.
And we know how good our defense is. Ominous.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:49 pm

Ian Evatt from today's press conference:
"Nathan Delfouneso is back. Congratulations to him and his missus, they’ve had a little boy which is great news, with no complications, which is excellent, so he’s back available. Tom White has trained today and is back available. Lloyd Isgrove is very close to being back available. Shaun Miller is very close to being back available. All of a sudden, we’re getting people back and we look like we’ve got a strong squad. It’s positive news on the injury front."
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:55 pm

Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:02 pm

That page is always open during a game. Thank you :D

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:09 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:55 pm

Good old fashioned "pen pics"!

Meanwhile, this from Evatt's presser:

“Nathan Delfouneso is back. Congratulations to him and his missus, they’ve had a little boy which is great news, with no complications, which is excellent, so he’s back available. Tom White has trained today and is back available. Lloyd Isgrove is very close to being back available. Shaun Miller is very close to being back available. All of a sudden, we’re getting people back and we look like we’ve got a strong squad. It’s positive news on the injury front."

White would open up an interesting choice if he does flick to 4-2-3-1 - which Iles has suggested might be an option to match up Cambridge (as we did with Colchester). White could sit with Tutte or Comley. But that would put Sarce at 10...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:32 pm

Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:09 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:55 pm

Good old fashioned "pen pics"!

Meanwhile, this from Evatt's presser:

“Nathan Delfouneso is back. Congratulations to him and his missus, they’ve had a little boy which is great news, with no complications, which is excellent, so he’s back available. Tom White has trained today and is back available. Lloyd Isgrove is very close to being back available. Shaun Miller is very close to being back available. All of a sudden, we’re getting people back and we look like we’ve got a strong squad. It’s positive news on the injury front."

White would open up an interesting choice if he does flick to 4-2-3-1 - which Iles has suggested might be an option to match up Cambridge (as we did with Colchester). White could sit with Tutte or Comley. But that would put Sarce at 10...
That's thrown the cat amongst the "internet-pint-for-naming-the-team" pigeon!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:58 pm

Evatt: "Saturday is a good opportunity to show what we're about." Oh fk, spanking-to-nil guaranteed now.

[Every time I say his name, I start singing "Evatt fallen in love with someone you shouldn't have fallen in love with?"]
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:25 pm

Is the ko Sunday Australian time as per the thread title ?
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Cam v Croal a Punting Challenge: League 2, Cambridge v Bolton (A) Saturday October 25 14:00

Post by Dujon » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:09 am

Ah, thanks, knobpolisher. A very elementary error on my part. :oops:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Cam v Croal a Punting Challenge: League 2, Cambridge v Bolton (A) Saturday October 25 14:00

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:38 am

We might be better off waiting until Sunday. I'm thinking of hiding behind the couch.