We three kings of Orient (A)re. Saturday 31 @ 15:00

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Re: We three kings of Orient (A)re. Saturday 31 @ 15:00

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:05 pm

Kioso and Darcy both have a bit about them. They make runs off the ball, they constantly show for it, they track back and they are positive. On an utterly shite afternoon I'll take any positives. Neither had a great game, but I rated them for their attitudes.

I know a lot on here like Delaney, but I'm not having it at the moment. He makes Santos look pacy and graceful. Every time he starts trying to dribble it's like he's trying to run during an earthquake. If we were playing a deep line and all he had to do was head balls and hack is clear then he'd still only just be a league player, but he's an utter liability now. If he has another level he needs to find it fast.

Arthur up front isn't a league footballer. Seems like a good, honest runner....but he's crap.

Crellin....Jesus wept. I have been telling myself that all his failings might be made up for by him being a good shot stopper. Yeah...no.

Evatt has to have a good look at himself. Not a self-help book "search for your inner god", but an actual "Am I doing enough here?" cold sweat self examination. As bad as some of these players are there is no excuse for a manager putting out a side that disorganised and then sending them out at half time without tightening it up. Orient took their foot off the gas after an hour, otherwise that score could have been anything. We made them look like a top league outfit at times. That's on the manager.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:08 pm

I can't see any remote shred of positivity. I think we are seriously fecked. The 'bottoming out' I thought we had gone through hasn't happened yet.
Anyway, have a nice evening folks!

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:09 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:55 pm
One of those games where everyone was poor. If this can be our outlier for the next 6 games then I'm not worrying.

I challenge anyone on here to change a winning formula. To get that response from the game on Tuesday is pathetic.

Players need to take responsibility when they play like that as the effort from the start was abysmal.
Not sure I agree here. Evatt himself has said several times that he needs to change the side to match the opposition. I thought he dropped an absolute bollock not having someone in against McAnuff today. We played as though we were the better side and they played us off the park.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:13 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:08 pm
I can't see any remote shred of positivity. I think we are seriously fecked. The 'bottoming out' I thought we had gone through hasn't happened yet.
I've said before I think this is a relegation-fighting squad with a smattering of decent talent to lift it up a bit. Given that that talent is either out injured or not showing up the bottoming out could be very, very bad.

If Delf's hamstring has gone we are in serious trouble.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:14 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:08 pm
I agree. Our best hope seems to be that Evatt learns on the job and stumbles on a formula to keep us up. We need to keep our noses above the bottom four in case the season stops short again.

Alternatively we sack him this month and get a league two Sam allardyce in. They will need to be able to sign some players and I would suggest Tobias Phoenix has no say in that. No algorithm for character.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:32 pm

I said after the last game that our biggest issue going into this game was giving up space in and around the D due to poor tactical understanding in the midfield. Three of their goals came from that today. The fact that Evatt didn't see that, against a team that contains McAnuff, is deeply worrying. Sometimes a team can perform badly in terms of results and you can be impressed with the coaching, because you see the right things from the manager and it's the players letting him down. That game was as much bad management as it was players making errors, which they did a lot.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:35 pm

I saw no positives. Santos, Darcy and Captain Sarc probably the "best" of a very bad bunch. I really dont know what to say. We were very poor. Have to find out from Evatt what's going on. We seem to have made progress, only for the next game to be even worse than our previous worse. Didn't like how Kioso behaved near the end when he did not get back the ball after making a run. Threw up his hand as if to say, to hell with this, these guys don't know how to play and sulked off. Anyway that the least of our problems now. Our forwards are now all injured; we have U21 keepers who need about 6 more years of development; Defenders who are told to play a certain way who can't, with the opposition very much aware of that, and so apply pressure, and a midfield which will be very ineffective when an ineffective Crawford plays with no one to replace him in that position as we have recruited a bench full of left sided defenders.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:39 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:35 pm
Didn't like how Kioso behaved near the end when he did not get back the ball after making a run. Threw up his hand as if to say, to hell with this, these guys don't know how to play and sulked off.
I actually did like that. Crawford was the one I took issue with. Kioso created a goal scoring chance there and Crawford bottled the pass. Peter went mental and Crawford's reaction was tojust stroll off because he'd already given up. He didn't sulk off, he was livid.

Give me the kid who is furious because he's still playing for pride over the experienced player who didn't care by that point.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:42 pm

I’m having “I could have subbed every one of them at half time” in post match interview bingo.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:48 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:42 pm
I’m having “I could have subbed every one of them at half time” in post match interview bingo.
Not "I hereby resign, effective immediately"?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:26 pm

I'm having "That wasn't a team of mine out there today". Err I think you'll find it was, Sunshine.
May the bridges I burn light your way

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:28 pm

Tranmere sack their manager and they're above us. Good omen ?
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:52 pm

knobpolisher wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:28 pm
Tranmere sack their manager and they're above us. Good omen ?
No press conference yet as far as I'm aware either. Maybe Shazza's preparing a statement?
May the bridges I burn light your way

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:00 pm

So we've gone from we can see his ideas to get rid because the team didn't turn up or do what he asked?

I give up with this shit. Too many people expecting miracles and instant results.

We're never going to go anywhere as we have too many fans who think we're this great football team that should walk over the opponents.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:13 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:00 pm
So we've gone from we can see his ideas to get rid because the team didn't turn up or do what he asked?

I give up with this shit. Too many people expecting miracles and instant results.

We're never going to go anywhere as we have too many fans who think we're this great football team that should walk over the opponents.
Football is a results business. And we’ve just been outclassed in every position by Leyton Orient. There are no signs that we are getting better. The players don’t look like they want to play for Evatt.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:18 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:00 pm

I would have had no problems with a loss but that was woeful. One step forward, two back.

Mansfield at home Tuesday - guess what - they are winless. Big game.

Another relegation kills this club.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:54 pm

Sack the c*nt.
Businesswoman of the year.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:58 pm

I like Evatt and I really want him to succeed, and he's apologised for that performance today but we all know that he will continue to play the same abysmal under performing players i.e. Crellin & Baptiste. He's mentioned being toothless up front post match but is that really surprising - WTF why did we sign so many CB's & WB's but only one out & out striker, this is down to you Evatt & Phoenix, the recruitment strategy was abysmal / shocking and is the reason being this truly awful start to the season. Santos, Baptiste,Taft, Greenidge, Gordon, Mascoll, Kioso, Hickman, Jones, why bring in so many defenders but only sign one true out & out striker in Doyle (I'm ignoring Miller as I don't know what type of striker he is or if he will ever play).

We have 4 or 5 decent league 2 players but the rest are very average at best - Crellin should be in the Bolton Boys Federation, he's just not a professional level goalkeeper he's a boy caught in the headlights & Baptiste should be playing walking geriatric football he's like a 60 year old grandad....but Evatt will I've no doubt keep playing them.

Our recruitment started off great with Doyle, Sarce & Fonz but then went down hill with every signing and has been amateur & i'll judged at best, the squad is so un balanced - and I'm still really, really amazed that we brought in Gordon & Mascoll for the LWB slot but Evatt plays Brockbank in that role (and I have never known a manager to have 2 x LWB on the bench) its laughable, and why no striker on the bench today but yet again 2 x LWBs. why not have Amoateng on the bench today ?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:01 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:58 pm
I like Evatt and I really want him to succeed, and he's apologised for that performance today but we all know that he will continue to play the same abysmal under performing players i.e. Crellin & Baptiste. He's mentioned being toothless up front post match but is that really surprising - WTF why did we sign so many CB's & WB's but only one out & out striker, this is down to you Evatt & Phoenix, the recruitment strategy was abysmal / shocking and is the reason being this truly awful start to the season. Santos, Baptiste,Taft, Greenidge, Gordon, Mascoll, Kioso, Hickman, Jones, why bring in so many defenders but only sign one true out & out striker in Doyle (I'm ignoring Miller as I don't know what type of striker he is or if he will ever play).

We have 4 or 5 decent league 2 players but the rest are very average at best - Crellin should be in the Bolton Boys Federation, he's just not a professional level goalkeeper he's a boy caught in the headlights & Baptiste should be playing walking geriatric football he's like a 60 year old grandad....but Evatt will I've no doubt keep playing them.

Our recruitment started off great with Doyle, Sarce & Fonz but then went down hill with every signing and has been amateur & i'll judged at best, the squad is so un balanced - and I'm still really, really amazed that we brought in Gordon & Mascoll for the LWB slot but Evatt plays Brockbank in that role (and I have never known a manager to have 2 x LWB on the bench) its laughable, and why no striker on the bench today but yet again 2 x LWBs. why not have Amoateng on the bench today ?
Excellent post.

I thought Crellin could still redeem himself but I was wrong. Right now, he's just not up to this standard and needs taking out of the firing line. We've problems all over the park but I'd fix this first.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:09 pm

I started off with text commentary on Bolton News........and then watched two six nations rugby matches on TV when their third goal went in. Enough's enough.... .
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?