Growing a pair at the UniBol. Man(up)sfield at home. Tuesday 3rd Nov 7pm.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Growing a pair at the UniBol. Man(up)sfield at home. Tuesday 3rd Nov 7pm.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:51 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:51 pm
Why do our wingbacks, when we have the ball in the last third, float inside instead of keeping the pitch wide?
It’s annoying isn’t it?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:52 pm

Nice one Sarcevic. Always the likeliest. Nice little chipped assist from Crawford too.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:54 pm

Well, that was shit! Not the complete humiliation they deserved thanks to Crawford and Sarcevic in the end.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Why do our wingbacks, when we have the ball in the last third, float inside instead of keeping the pitch wide?
It’s annoying isn’t it?
Weird. And it makes us so much easier to defend against.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:55 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:54 pm
Well, that was shit! Not the complete humiliation they deserved thanks to Crawford and Sarcevic in the end.
Another assist, aye...

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:56 pm

An undeserved equaliser but I'll take it.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:57 pm

I dunno what to think. Once again I had him sacked. Good combination by two of the players who are good enough. Papered over the rather obvious cracks and this club is in serious fecking trouble. I’m not sure if taking the hit now might have been good in the long term...I can’t see anything other than a relegation battle.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:59 pm

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:59 pm

Some real quality for the goal but lacking for the rest of the night. We're stuck with most of these players and I can't see Evatt, or anyone else for that matter, getting a decent tune out of em.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:01 pm

Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:55 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:54 pm
Another assist, aye...
Think he's joint top L2 on assists at the moment.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:02 pm

When people complain about Crawford and ask why he plays, that's why. Nobody else on that pitch tonight sees and executes that pass. He's been generally crap for large parts of games, but he creates goals.

The shape and structure were there tonight. What we lacked was attitude, character and quality. Evatt made the tactical changes and gave the lads the platform they needed, but there were too many players going through the motions. Kioso, Gordon, White...I could go on.

Darcy led by example. Not the best display, but he put his all in.

I don't like Evatt and I think he's make big errors, but I don't blame him for tonight. It's the players who aren't going for the 50/50s, aren't pressing with the intent needed, aren't making 10 yard passes. People can argue that they're not playing for the manager, but for me that's a cop out for the players. They've been here for 11 league games now - it's not enough time for a manager to alienate players and lose a dressing room if the players have anything about them.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:04 pm

He can go for me,

He's making the game difficult. They're trying to impose his system and when it doesn't work they don't know what to do. No plan B. Where've I heard that before?

These players are making simple things look difficult. They aren't making opportunities as he wants them to have the ball and move it. Thing is, they're doing this once in every 10 attacks. The other 9 are ending up with teams on the high press getting the ball when we ultimately lose possession.

Kioso was on the right all game and was ineffective. Why not give the old wing a swap? The left side was wide open and Gordon was shite on it all night, where's Hickman? Why not throw him on the right and Kioso on the left.

It's so obvious he has no game-changing tactics. It's shit or bust.

Tom White staying on is also a glaring example.

So pissed off with this club. It's like they just want to find more ways to make us suffer. Top to bottom again it looks hopeless.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:05 pm

The system just isn’t working. I’d like a nice compact 4-3-3. We need to play a much simpler game. Get some width high up the pitch. Overlapping full backs. The wing backs aren’t good enough to beat their man which means we have no real width.

Get Sarcevic playing the attacking midfield role behind a striker because he’s clearly very good there. And looks like he can score a goal.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:07 pm

I think we most of the team disappeared on around 20 minutes. I think the system/shape went at the same time, mostly.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:07 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:02 pm
When people complain about Crawford and ask why he plays, that's why. Nobody else on that pitch tonight sees and executes that pass. He's been generally crap for large parts of games, but he creates goals.
One opportunity in a game? He's had the lion's share tonight. We could have put these to the sword had he been 5% better. Everything is going through him in the dead ball situation and he's been dreadful.

Making up for it isn't good enough. I'd rather someone who creates more than 1 decent effort all game.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:10 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:07 pm
GhostoftheBok wrote:
One opportunity in a game? He's had the lion's share tonight. We could have put these to the sword had he been 5% better. Everything is going through him in the dead ball situation and he's been dreadful.

Making up for it isn't good enough. I'd rather someone who creates more than 1 decent effort all game.
He's still top in L2 for assists, so there must be some right shite out there.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:10 pm

Goes tonight for me. We're beyond piss take now.
Businesswoman of the year.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:10 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:59 pm
Some real quality for the goal but lacking for the rest of the night. We're stuck with most of these players and I can't see Evatt, or anyone else for that matter, getting a decent tune out of em.
Interesting...
Players who I think are good enough and just need a proper coaching staff:
Doyle, Sarce, Delf, Santos, Baptiste (fit enough?), Delaney, Kioso, Hickman (again nowhere to be seen), Brocky, Jones, Tutt, Comley.
Unsure:
Miller, Ipsgrove, Senior, Greenidge, Taft, White
Want binning off:
Gordon, Mascoll, Gnouha, Crellin

I think there’s a 433 in there coached properly. There’s two positions that we haven’t got league footballers for - keeper and left back. Limp through till Jan and sort those out. But I’m worried that Phoenix/Evatt are too arrogant.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:11 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:07 pm

At the minute the options are Crawford, who messes up a lot and creates a couple of chances per game or someone else who messes up just as much but lacks the ability to make those chances. I am not at all happy with him, but Evatt is playing him for a reason. Nobody else in the squad is going to create in open play from the middle.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:14 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
They've been here for 11 league games now - it's not enough time for a manager to alienate players and lose a dressing room if the players have anything about them.

We're in the very early stages of his tenure, but he's already publicly called into question the character of every one of them, and told his only goalkeeper to "man up" in a post-match interview. That won't exactly have endeared them to him, even if he might not have been wrong to say it.