All change at Crewe....

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Re: All change at Crewe....

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:16 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:10 pm
CrazyHorse wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:08 pm
Sack the c*nt.
For losing 3-2 to a team from the division above us when all their goals came from individual errors? Probably not.
Fully aware he's going nowhere. Possibly got the safest job in world football.

Sack the c*nt.
Businesswoman of the year.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:22 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:16 pm
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:10 pm
CrazyHorse wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:08 pm
Sack the c*nt.
For losing 3-2 to a team from the division above us when all their goals came from individual errors? Probably not.
Fully aware he's going nowhere. Possibly got the safest job in world football.

Sack the c*nt.
As consistent a message from CH as "Stop the c(o)unt"! 😁
But one I agree with.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:24 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:55 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:54 pm
Find myself hoping Crellin gets injured. Couple of months out and we can bring in emergency keeper loan. Either that or the team coach runs the prick over.
No.
I'm.sure Dibs doesn't mean the lad harm. You do wonder if a months enforced break might be what his career needs right now though.
I mean, just lie and say he's injured if you must, but get him.out of the firing line.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:26 pm

I’d do that exactly. Say he’s injured for 2 months and get a loan in.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:26 pm

And if they play him till January (probably losing most weeks) he’ll get sacked anyway.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:27 pm

Next question is, what will a high profile mistake live on sky against local upstart rivals do to him psychologically?
It simply must not be allowed to happen, but if it does there should be immediate sackings. I have nothing but sympathy for Crellin now, only anger at those who created this situation. Especially that coward Phoenix 'hiding in his office', to quote Our Keef.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:28 pm

I mean I’m not sure we deserved a win today but against a team who hasn’t scored for 5 hours we could quite easily have picked up an undeserved win, had our keeper not handed them two goals! Sometimes all you need is a scabby win for the tide to turn, but if your keeper is as bad as ours you have no chance !

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:34 pm

I think we actually have most of the personnel to form a decent League 2 side, but the weak links are really, really weak.

I've had my say on Crellin, but honestly, I can't see that Alexander could possibly be any worse at this point. Phoenix/Evatt have cocked up the goalkeeping situation horrifically and now need to rectify it as fast as possible.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:34 pm

There's not much else to post that hasn't already been posted previous match threads. We're a Toyota patched up with parts from a third hand Austin Allegro - our body should be reliable but our weak points are so significant we keep breaking down.

I'd drop Crellin for Gilks, for his benefit and ours, and I'd start Tutte ahead of White. I don't know what we do about left wing-back with Brockbank out injured, but could we play Hickman there?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:35 pm

The Crellin situation is now extremely problematic. Tuesday night's Sherpa Van game is the perfect chance to "rest" him but Evatt needs to decide whether to blood Alexander or turn to Gilks.

Gordon makes me despair, while the fact Evatt rates him above Mascoll makes me worry. (I suspect Mascoll may be the better player – he can't be worse – but less reliable in attitude.)

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:38 pm

I think we have to assume Alexander would be worse. He’s 2/3 years younger and not as experienced. I’d rather OUR young goalkeeper wasn’t thrown to the lions. I couldn’t give a toss about Fleetwoods.

Gilkes is one of two coaches Evatt has, and he hasn’t played a game for over a year. Plus he coaches Crellin. I think either he has to pay on Friday or they are effectively signing the obituary on Crellins football career -we are on Sky and there will be memes galore. Plus Evatt is running out of hiding places now for this form, we are relegation candidates as it stands. The defence and keeper are shocking and to me it all stems from the keeper. If you don’t sort that you need to score 3 or 4 to win the game.
Last edited by officer_dibble on Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:39 pm

I can’t even be arsed getting into non-league footballs Liam Gordon. Mascoll must be abysmal.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:40 pm

I think we have to go with experience.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:02 pm

Crellin has to be the worst keeper ever to play professional football.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:14 pm

Jesus, 2 wins out of 15 under Evatt. He has to be under some pressure?

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:16 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:14 pm
Jesus, 2 wins out of 15 under Evatt. He has to be under some pressure?
Ordinarily, in a run like that, you'd be able to point to games where we were unlucky to have lost. I can't think of one. I can only think of games we were bloody lucky not to have lost.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:32 pm

Evatt on Crellin:

“What I said before to Billy after the Cambridge game, we got a response out of him. Sometimes with young players, they are going to be inconsistent. They are not the finished article. Billy is a fantastic kid with a great attitude. He is going to be a top keeper but right now we’re being punished for everything. He will keep working. He has our blessing and our backing. We will keep working with him, with others, to get them up to the standards that some of them are setting for themselves.”

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:57 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:32 pm
Evatt on Crellin:

“What I said before to Billy after the Cambridge game, we got a response out of him. Sometimes with young players, they are going to be inconsistent. They are not the finished article. Billy is a fantastic kid with a great attitude. He is going to be a top keeper but right now we’re being punished for everything. He will keep working. He has our blessing and our backing. We will keep working with him, with others, to get them up to the standards that some of them are setting for themselves.”

I think that's a diplomatic way of saying he's going to drop him, isn't it?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:32 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:57 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:32 pm
Evatt on Crellin:

I think that's a diplomatic way of saying he's going to drop him, isn't it?
The commentator called it when Crellin had smashed the ball out of play for the 3rd or 4th time, "Evatt hasn't even shouted at him again, he's just looking at the ground"

I think the Camel's back has been broken. He's not even a poor man's Remi Matthews. Thing is, he'll probably leave this club and become a success somewhere else.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:36 pm

As a side note anyone else think we could get Hickman in by pushing Kioso in the middle and having Fonz on the left replacing Gordon?

Or am I being mental?