Vale of tiers: Port Vale (H), Division Four, Sat 6 Dec @ 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Vale of tiers: Port Vale (H), Division Four, Sat 6 Dec @ 3pm

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:38 pm

The point I'm making Insano, is Crawford is a popular target. Despite what we've just seen, people still picking out Crawford as today's problem? There were much bigger problems today than Crawford.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:45 pm

If I could pick a decent player to reincarnate I’d love to see Karl Henry in this side.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:46 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:38 pm
The point I'm making Insano, is Crawford is a popular target. Despite what we've just seen, people still picking out Crawford as today's problem? There were much bigger problems today than Crawford.
Agreed and I’ll target him- he shows glimpses but not enough. We were two nil down before he touched the ball!

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:48 pm

I often think blaming a defeat on a lack of passion is the easy and wrong answer. I still think its a lack of confidence, rather than passion specifically, which is at the heart of the issue, but we conceded six goals today and didn't pick up a single booking. There's no doubt we need to inject some shithousery into the mix.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:52 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:46 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Agreed and I’ll target him- he shows glimpses but not enough. We were two nil down before he touched the ball!
That'll be why we were 2-0 down, then. :roll:

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:53 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
We dominated for 30 minutes in the 1st half. Most of the joy was the ball from right to left towards Gethin. When Crawford was involved the move broke down. If we're saying Darcy isn't strong enough then he needs to be included. We can't have players on the pitch to protect others just incase they have 1 decent pass. We score again in that 30 minutes and we get something out of the game.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:57 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Worthy, Crawford is talented and should be the best midfielder in the league by some distance but he is only playing at 50% for some reason, he is capable of so much more (IMO), personally I don't think that he's happy at BWFC but I could be wrong - but in this league you need to fight & scrap 1st play later & for me Crawford isn't that type of player, for us to get the best out of Crawford he needs a minder and unfortunately apart from Doyle I don't think we have any other players who I would say are 'rum' or who would get in any sort of physical confrontation - and every successful team in any league professional or amateur needs a few 'handy' players.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:00 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:53 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
We dominated for 30 minutes in the 1st half. Most of the joy was the ball from right to left towards Gethin. When Crawford was involved the move broke down. If we're saying Darcy isn't strong enough then he needs to be included. We can't have players on the pitch to protect others just incase they have 1 decent pass. We score again in that 30 minutes and we get something out of the game.
I said we probably need to try someone other than Crawford.

He did nothing of note on the pitch today. He didn't have the complete fcuking howler some of our players had today. Kioso, Baptiste, Santos all had howlers, Thomason was poor defensively, Sarce did diddly defensively even though they ripped us a new one down his side of the pitch.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:02 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:52 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
I was agreeing with you 🤣
He’s a soft target in the comments because he has the ability to play better.
I’ll wager his lack of consistency is why he’s on our books. If we can try to avoid shipping 3 or more goals A bit more regularly he can go ‘missing’ in games and still be a Match winner.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:06 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:57 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Worthy, Crawford is talented and should be the best midfielder in the league by some distance but he is only playing at 50% for some reason, he is capable of so much more (IMO), personally I don't think that he's happy at BWFC but I could be wrong - but in this league you need to fight & scrap 1st play later & for me Crawford isn't that type of player, for us to get the best out of Crawford he needs a minder and unfortunately apart from Doyle I don't think we have any other players who I would say are 'rum' or who would get in any sort of physical confrontation - and every successful team in any league professional or amateur needs a few 'handy' players.
I agree he's not playing great. I suggested we need to try someone else. Dunno what else I can say. :-)

I questioned why when some of our players were way more awful than Crawford today, that Crawford was getting the stick. :-)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:08 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:02 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:52 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
I was agreeing with you 🤣
He’s a soft target in the comments because he has the ability to play better.
I’ll wager his lack of consistency is why he’s on our books. If we can try to avoid shipping 3 or more goals A bit more regularly he can go ‘missing’ in games and still be a Match winner.
O I c. :oops: Mighta gone into /rant... :oops:

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:09 pm

They did a right job on us. They knew we had a weakness down the right hand side and crowded that area to take advantage of it. It's no coincidence Jones had so much space to run into early on.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:09 pm

We suffered for Sarcevics poor game and Tuttes absence more than Crawford’s flitting in and out of the game today. But tactically Arthur Askey has Evatts number today - space behind the wing backs and force Santos into the error.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:10 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:06 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:57 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
I agree he's not playing great. I suggested we need to try someone else. Dunno what else I can say. :-)

I questioned why when some of our players were way more awful than Crawford today, that Crawford was getting the stick. :-)
Probably because with the talent he has he's better than our other midfielders & he should be influencing games in League 2, but he's not showing that much, he should be dictating games and he's not (he's hardly even interested IMO) that may be why he's getting more stick than the others.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:17 pm

Do you think at some point we will give someone a dicking? Feels like we get turned over about 3 or 4 times a Season and never get the chance to give it someone else? ? Surely our luck has to change at some point?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:37 pm

Does this mean Evatt is "streaky"?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:36 pm

They're in for training tomorrow to explain themselves apparently.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:44 pm

I read that as he was too angry to dress them down now - pretty sensible. I doubt they will be up Rivi with bricks in the rucksack. Think Evatts spot on post match.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:53 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Iles gave him a 3 in match ratings with ‘nowhere to be found’ as a comment and that’s been the problem all season. I’d agree that there were worse individual performances today but it’s the fact he’s not really been present for much of the season. He’s been carried.

Whereas Sarcevic who had a poor game today has scored some important goals and does in fairness usually put a hell of a shift in.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:05 pm

Crawford was hardly to blame for today's performance, or lack thereof. But he's been almost completely anonymous all season. He needs to be dropped.

A player of his pedigree should be, as others have mentioned, among the very best in this league. What's he accomplished this season? When have any of us been able, even during our better games, to honestly say he's been performing above and beyond? He's not been incisive, he's not been creative, he's not been clinical.

This isn't a view held purely on today's game, it's a season-long thing. He's been performing well below par.