The athletics/running thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:51 pm

A good trot up round Brangy with BP last night. Bizarre - I could've sworn it was all flat round by where he lives. Seems like it when I'm driving round there anyway :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:48 pm

This year's one and only 10K medal run completed on Saturday. Missed my target by one second, which I'll blame squarely on people who put themselves in the wrong time group. It's the time you expect to come in at, not the time you dream of coming in at if you were two stone lighter and bothered to train. Really pisses me off that people do that, and I know it shouldn't :D

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:19 pm

Well done.where was it?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:55 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:19 pm
Well done.where was it?
Tatton Park. There's one a month if you fancy one? Yer mate came 2nd BTW.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:28 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:48 pm
This year's one and only 10K medal run completed on Saturday. Missed my target by one second, which I'll blame squarely on people who put themselves in the wrong time group. It's the time you expect to come in at, not the time you dream of coming in at if you were two stone lighter and bothered to train. Really pisses me off that people do that, and I know it shouldn't :D
Nicely done Bruce. Think you’re about the only one of us who has actually trained regularly and improved this year. (Apart from Gte who’s just a machine).

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:34 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:28 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Nicely done Bruce. Think you’re about the only one of us who has actually trained regularly and improved this year. (Apart from Gte who’s just a machine).
Cheers GG, Managed to stay injury free this year, luckily. I guess that not being one of these finely-honed types with hamstrings like piano wire has its benefits. Another slice of stollen, I think. :)

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:53 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Well in Bruce. Still a PB or was that the one second difference?

I'm with you re folk starting in the wrong position. Bugs me no end at the start of park run and I can see Lever End and a couple of Kenyans, and then big Brenda from accounts goes and stands next to them twiddling with her headphones.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:28 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:53 pm

Well in Bruce. Still a PB or was that the one second difference?
Cheers Harry. Nah, three minutes outside of my PB but nine minutes quicker than Blackburn this time last year. :)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:55 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:34 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:28 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Cheers GG, Managed to stay injury free this year, luckily. I guess that not being one of these finely-honed types with hamstrings like piano wire has its benefits. Another slice of stollen, I think. :)
Just for the injury prevention properties obviously.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:31 pm

Blimey. You should've seen BP in his jazzy new pumps tonight. He was off like a startled snipe :)

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:50 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:31 pm
Blimey. You should've seen BP in his jazzy new pumps tonight. He was off like a startled snipe :)

That’s because my feet were still burning from Monday’s 10k and I couldn’t wait to get back and cool the buggers down!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:56 pm

Ran 10k tonight. Second time in a month and also the second time in about 18 months :oops: May not be able to walk tomorrow but knocked a couple of minutes off the first ones in ages insanely slow time. Walloped down half a pizza and a Mars icecream afterwards though so fairly sure the weight loss will sadly be minimal.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:19 pm

Good going GG. I've stopped completely. Sore hip and complete lack of enjoyment or motivation.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:22 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:19 pm
Good going GG. I've stopped completely. Sore hip and complete lack of enjoyment or motivation.
Ahhh shame. How long have you had the sore hip? I have no enjoyment or motivation. Running is definitely not my thing but if I take the dog and go with a friend for a chat it’s definitely easier then getting out on my own. Perhaps the mojo will come back when park run and clubs are back properly?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:54 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Yet still quicker than me. c*nt!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:28 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Your mate Penders, should be motivation enough to show what happens once you stop running permanently.

If you're living in a hovel 6 months from now with bleached blonde hair, dont say you weren't warned! :D
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:38 pm

When I said I wouldn’t be walking tomorrow I thought just muscle ache but woke up and man it hurts to move. A friend has suggested It’s IT band symptoms, it’s a pain in the outside of my right knee. Hobbled round two school runs and a dog walk today in quite a bit of pain. My own fault probably for not warming up.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:43 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:38 pm
A friend has suggested It’s IT band symptoms, it’s a pain in the outside of my right knee.
Hate to break it to you GG, it's also old age. There's very few folk around that can get away without stretching, warm ups and cool downs. There's even fewer that can that have entered into their 5th decade.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:04 pm

And day 2 is always worse than the day after :twisted:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:19 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:43 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:38 pm
A friend has suggested It’s IT band symptoms, it’s a pain in the outside of my right knee.
Hate to break it to you GG, it's also old age. There's very few folk around that can get away without stretching, warm ups and cool downs. There's even fewer that can that have entered into their 5th decade.
Was about to get all indignant about your 5th decade remark when I realised you were right! :oops: :cry:

And cheers AT, kids and dogs can walk themselves tomorrow then if that’s the case. Mrs Burnden paddock will smash me In the Fitbit work week hustle despite my 30k plus step day Monday. Only 17k hobbled today here.