We've all come a long way: Crawley (H) Sat 2 Jan @ 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: We've all come a long way: Crawley (H) Sat 2 Jan @ 3pm

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:56 pm

He’s actually played well (for him) but he’s god awful.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:57 pm

Reis looks like what he is - someone with some talent but not enough of it to bother a serious league. I'd like see Taft again at LCB.

Another loss. More hair pulled out. Some promise, but still so so much to improve on.
Last edited by Dave Sutton's barnet on Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:57 pm

Evatt out out out out out out out out.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:58 pm

Beaten ourselves again. Doyle’s at be wondering what the hell he has signed up for.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:56 pm
Get rid of Greenidge. One of the worst excuses for a useless thick lump I’ve ever seen. Thick as mince. Big lumbering slow and useless shit.
😂😂

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:59 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:54 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:52 pm
:oyea:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:49 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:48 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:45 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:44 pm
What this shows is we are good enough. The problem lies not in the players.....
Nor the system as it's not changed either.
Brockbank more or less a right winger since the goal. Which is why everything has gone down that side. Either the players have just freed themselves from the system holding them back or just can’t be bothered at 0-0. Either way problem is not a lack of quality at all. Not in the players....
Or the system is more fluid than the players often show.

But you stick to your guns, lad.
Well that’s a problem then isn’t it? If what you are doing is failing you change it. Yet we are doing the same thing game by game. And when desperate we look a better side. Perhaps it suggests the issues and points to them very clearly.
What the total arse are you talking about?

In the second half, Brocky has overload down the right. Greenidge has just overloaded down the left. The system can work. But, as I say, you don't want to see that.

It's mainly the lack of wingbacks for me. The criticism of the manager is probably not changing the system when you don't have those players.

Greenidge (until the very end), Thomason, Doyle and Tutte all played well for me. We have to sort that tempo out.

Their keeper motm by miles.

I've seen us worse. That was much better than e.g. Tranmere or Port Vale.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:00 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:57 pm
Evatt out out out out out out out out.
BWFC_Insane out out out out out out.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:01 pm

What a difference a goal makes.

Would be a much better complexion if we had scored. Had enough shots nearing the end of the match.

Seemed like it took the opposition scoring for us to actually get going. We shouldn't have to be one nil down for us to start attacking the opposition at pace.

We're going to end up finishing bottom half of the table if this isn't sorted out. Looks like play offs is wishful thinking at the moment.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:02 pm

I just expect defeats now, and am pleasantly surprised by the occasional point or three. Evatt is safe for the season judging by Sharon's comments. He'll muddle us through in mid table I expect, but I see nothing in him at all other than a misplaced surfeit of self confidence.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:03 pm

Hickman exclusion from the squad is bizzare
I get why a Greenidge played and it sort of worked but he’s just a really poor footballer
Players only turned it on when we went one down.
Sarcevic and Thomason miles better than they showed for most of the game...get Lee signed up ASAP.
Isgrove is too flitty to play wing back.
Doyle’s a one man army.
Delf needs to dump his wag.

I don’t see us finishing top half without serious new blood. And I’m far from convinced Evatt knows what we need to play to another more direct style.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:04 pm

Did we play a lot better or did they just get deeper trying to protect their lead?

I see we haven't got out of the habit yet of winning back possession when the opponents have come out of their shell, and by passing sideways and really slowly to each other, the opposition trot back into position behind the ball.

Infuriating
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:07 pm

Can you imagine if Parky, Megson or Freedman served up even a tenth of the shite Evatt is? Just a tenth. This is embarrassingly appalling. The worst wanker since Coyle. Talks absolute bullshit. Sends out a team clearly not having a clue how to play. He’s the luckiest manager in history to still be in a job. I don’t think anyone would have been afforded the chances he’s had. Game after game he’s given yet another chance to sort out himself and again and again and again he fails. Imagine this with fans in the stadium? If any even bothered turning up for the bloat turgid pointless football I can remember.

I’d not give him a penny to spend. An utter wanker who is taking the piss. Just resign and take your pseudo psychological Scientology bollocks with you.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:08 pm

I’d let Darcy leave as well, he’s had his career halted here. How he couldn’t get on the pitch I am not sure - no subs again by Evatt.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:18 pm

Is that our 3rd successive home defeat & that's in Div 4. Why do we only ever start to play with some tempo & passion when we go behind ? & also Sarcevic is not Captain material for me and Evatt is a dud.

As I said at HT I seriously don't see any week to week progress by this team under Evatt, I'm absolutely sick of BWFC they spoil every weekend as they have done so for the past many years - there is absolutely zero sign of any progress ON or OFF the pitch under FV & Evatt.

Happy New Year.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:18 pm

Tough loss. We gave it a good go after they scored. No one to blame for their goal. Some neat penetrative play. Mom - their Keeper. Good games for Greenidge, Tutte, Thomason and Brockbank. Without Kioso and a LWB, the system struggles to be effective.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:19 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:07 pm
Can you imagine if Parky, Megson or Freedman served up even a tenth of the shite Evatt is? Just a tenth. This is embarrassingly appalling. The worst wanker since Coyle. Talks absolute bullshit. Sends out a team clearly not having a clue how to play. He’s the luckiest manager in history to still be in a job. I don’t think anyone would have been afforded the chances he’s had. Game after game he’s given yet another chance to sort out himself and again and again and again he fails. Imagine this with fans in the stadium? If any even bothered turning up for the bloat turgid pointless football I can remember.

I’d not give him a penny to spend. An utter wanker who is taking the piss. Just resign and take your pseudo psychological Scientology bollocks with you.
U ok hun? x
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

McD
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by McD » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:20 pm

Sure we upped the tempo after the goal, but they sat back and played protection - hence the impression we were all over them.
Looking at the body language throughout the 90+ minutes, they do not have a clear game plan provided to them, or if they were provided with one, they ignored "team play" and acted as individuals "on the same side".
It speaks volumes when Doyle consistently has to go and get the ball to create a drive forward, when he should be the target man in and around the box.
This is a management issue that again and again and again has not been addressed .
IE will be with us until the end of the season and I sincerely hope he proves himself with some signings that are his choice and his alone. And finally, to take responsibility, as with responsibility comes accountability - No more blaming anything or anybody, the inevitable "buck" stops with him
Sorry to sound negative, but we have just lost to a team that played better than us in most departments and that team, is Crawley Town - I mean, Crawley Town for flips sake!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:22 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:18 pm
Without Kioso and a LWB, the system struggles to be effective.
Quietly, calmly, and without reaching for hyperbole, ICB makes the truest point of the day.

And lest this be seen as a U-turn, I'm still very far from convinced any other formation would do better *With *These *Players.

And yet, 24 shots.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:26 pm

Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:22 pm
irie Cee Bee wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:18 pm
Without Kioso and a LWB, the system struggles to be effective.
Quietly, calmly, and without reaching for hyperbole, ICB makes the truest point of the day.

And lest this be seen as a U-turn, I'm still very far from convinced any other formation would do better *With *These *Players.

And yet, 24 shots.
Agreed. Isgrove was poor today, and Jones just isn't a wing-back - certainly not on the left.

I'd be tempted to try a back three of Brockbank-Santos-Jones, right to left. Jones strikes me as being a pretty good defender at this level, and we know he's comfortable enough to stride out with the ball.

Kioso at RWB is fine. A LWB has to be the ultimate priority this month.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:07 pm
You're just descending into the irrational spiral of hate towards the man.

Dare I say we had 24 shots and 7 on target, but for a goalkeeper on a mission we probably would have beaten them.

Today alone you have mentioned,

4-4-2. 4-3-3. Hit it long. We need more width. It's not the players nor the system, the players must have released themselves from the system? The display was abysmal. Pace in the corners. Back three.

The guy has no chance as you don't agree with anything he's doing and you're jumping on every moment it goes awry. Again you arrive after our decent start, berate everything and then continue to blame the man in the seat. He's always fighting a losing battle as you don't see anything he does as a success.

The man has how many coaches available? Who bought the players? These you won't accept as excuses as you say he shouldn't get a penny.

If all you want is for manager after manager then you might as well sign up to twitter and go vent with the others.