Making HMS YouKnowWhat ship-shape: Winter 20/21 transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Making HMS YouKnowWhat ship-shape: Winter 20/21 transfer thread

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:52 am

Some Evatt quotes on the topics above in today’s Ilesy piece
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... er-window/

Wants four more. Likely to be loans to get us through the season - some younger, some older.

Remember loans can be made permanent if it goes well. See Andy Walker. But sometimes they’re just a short-term boost and well worth it for that. See Jack Wilshere.

And of course the incorrigible optimist still thinks we can get promoted. TBH aim glad about that. With life as it is right now it’s be a bad time to give up on possibilities.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:31 pm

Looks like the ITKer was ITK. You never know either could be try before you buy with squad and wage caps biting next season.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:41 pm

According to my son-in-law who is a massive Lincoln fan this is what he text me back when I asked about Elbouzadi;

"Joined your lot on loan hasn't he? Cracking little player, plays out wide. Been playing and scoring for us in the Papa Johns trophy but we've brought in a lad from Man city on loan so that's why Zack is going out"

At least we'll be getting a loan player who is match fit and raring to go and who could make an immediate impact as opposed to a loan player who isn't fit and would need time to get up to speed. Some might say he can't be that good if Lincoln brought a loan player in to replace him but they are pushing for a second successive promotion and this time to the Championship so if the City lad is better than what they've got I don't blame them. Elbouzedi mIght be on a long contract but if Lincoln gained promotion to the Championship he might not be good enough for that level and Lincoln could release/sell him. There's many variables in the game of football right now so lets at least give the lad a chance.
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:38 pm

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2021/januar ... oan-swoop/
Bolton Wanderers have bolstered their squad by landing Lincoln City’s Zack Elbouzedi and Ben Jackson from Huddersfield Town on loan until the end of the season.

Elbouzedi, 22, is an Irish winger who joined Lincoln City in January 2020 from Waterford.

He started his career at West Brom where he came through their youth system, before playing in Scotland for Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Elgin City.

He has also represented the Republic of Ireland at every youth level from under 15s through to under 21s and has played in six games for The Imps this season, netting two goals.

Stockport-born Jackson is a pacy left-sided defender who joined the Huddersfield Town Academy at the age of 14 in 2005.

The 19-year-old has recently had loan spells with Darlington and hometown club Stockport County, and has made three appearances for The Terriers this season.

Wanderers Manager Ian Evatt told bwfc.co.uk: “Zack is a player who I have monitored for a good length of time. Lincoln are currently flying at the moment and have some very good players in his position. As a result of their form, Zack has struggled for game time. He’s a player with electric pace, is a match winner and gives us more options in the forward area of the pitch.

“Ben has been doing well at Huddersfield and has already played in the Championship this season. He can play in a number of positions but left back is primarily his role, which gives us competition for Declan and others. He’s very quick and good with the ball.

“We are excited to have them both.”

Elbouzedi added: “Everybody knows the size of this club and I’m delighted to be here. Hopefully, I can come here, play some games and help the club to progress.

”I’m 22 now and I just want to play regular football. I’m really eager to get going for Bolton Wanderers.”

Jackson commented: “I’m at an age now where I want to be playing senior football on a regular basis. To be able to come to such a massive club in a good league and getting some games is very important to me. I’m excited to get out on the pitch and get some games.”
loanees.jpg
loanees.jpg (103.35 KiB) Viewed 1732 times
This season, Jackson has played 57 minutes in the Championship (subbed off), 77 minutes in the FA Cup, a full game in the League Cup. Another 24 (14 as sub) in Division Five for Stockport last year. He's contracted until 2022 with Huddersfield holding a year's option so he's a short-term option - presumably as back-up to the more experienced Declan John.

Elbouzedi has made 7 league appearances and 3 in cups since Lincoln signed him on a "long-term" deal in Dec 2019; although unconfirmed, this might well run out in summer (Transfermarkt thinks so) so this could very easily be something longer, especially if the Imps go up.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:10 pm

We've been downgraded from Massive Club to Big Club, judging by the entrance interview quotes from Elbo (as his Twitter handle calls him)
The unquantifiable and essentially meaningless "bigness" of your club can fall as well as rise

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:50 pm

All quiet on the goalkeeper front...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:05 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:10 pm
We've been downgraded from Massive Club to Big Club, judging by the entrance interview quotes from Elbo (as his Twitter handle calls him)
The unquantifiable and essentially meaningless "bigness" of your club can fall as well as rise
Following closely on Kioso's heels as lesson #2 that Irish people don't always look how you'd expect them to.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:19 pm

CLUB GRADE UPDATE we're back up to Massive :D

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:59 pm

We've signed Ben Swain at left back!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:13 am

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:59 pm
Can he play in goal, too?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:46 am

What happened to Bright Amoateng?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:53 am

Prufrock wrote:
'You don't deserve to live'.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:19 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:53 am
Prufrock wrote:
Missed the quotation marks around this at first :lol:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:23 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:19 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:53 am
Prufrock wrote:
Missed the quotation marks around this at first :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WZ9epECifo

Its one of my all time favourite scenes. The disgust on Jamie's face as he tries to decide on a suitable admonishment before delivering that line...

Absolute bloody genius!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:58 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:46 am
What happened to Bright Amoateng?
Plays in whatever we call our youth team. I’m not even sure if they are in a league!

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:21 pm

I presume LIam Gordon is now back with us after his month-long loan with Dagenham & Redbridge. Haven't heard anything about them extending the loan so there's another one we need to get shipped out asap

EDIT

Oh no he's staying at Dag & Red for the rest of the season...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:04 pm

Suspect this is one move that may get made permanent- lad wants to play football and I suspect moving north in a pandemic has took its toll.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:57 am

Evatt on Taft
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... orpe-loan/
He has been unfortunate. He started the season when the team wasn’t doing very well and suffered for that.

He came back and had Covid issues because of his partner. Then another family member got it so he had to self-isolate twice in two weeks. When you miss that amount of training in a short space of time you are playing catch-up. Ryan Delaney had been doing well, Reiss Greenidge has stepped in, and he has found himself down the pecking order.

But he is a great character, a good lad, and he has gone to Scunthorpe to get regular games, get up to speed and then he will come back in the summer where we can reassess where he is at.

It’s the nature of the beast in football that if you are not getting games then you have to go out and find them. George felt it was beneficial to him, I thought the same, and he has managed to get himself another League Two club where he can progress and get himself fit. As I said, we’ll reassess in the summer.
Evatt on formations
Whether we play a three or a four from here on in will depend on opposition. At Cheltenham, for example, we played three at the back, others we can use a four. We recruited in the summer to play a back three so we do have more numbers in that position and we also have Harry Brockbank, who can play centre-half as well as full-back.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:44 am

Taft quotes make sense. There’s so much more to this season than any other.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:57 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:44 am
Taft quotes make sense. There’s so much more to this season than any other.
It kind of makes sense, but Delaney has been shaky lately and Greenidge doesn't look remotely close to being a league footballer, so I would have thought if Evatt rated Taft at all he'd at least be making the bench.