23rd Jan. 3-0'clock Tranmere away; nuff said

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: 23rd Jan. 3-0'clock Tranmere away; nuff said

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:20 pm

Someone’s stuck it on Twitter. Evatt gets two yellows. He had a chance to shut up. Presumably he now can’t sit in the dug out next game? Which will leave atherton on his own? He had a chance to not be a dick - mans losing it...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:23 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:13 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:07 pm
I mean who are we all replacing Delaney with? Greenidge is quite possibly the worst defender we’ve ever had and Baptiste is a clown at the best of times. Brockbank wouldn’t get a game for any other team in this division. WTF is Taft doing playing for a team we need to finish above? Grandad Gilkes is starting to stink as well. Yet he shows no interest in sorting either position!
His cameo today did him no harm.
He's not great but Delaney simply has to be dropped.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:25 pm

Didn't bother today. Feels like zero progress after a reasonable performance last week. If we keep taking Tranmere down a goal a game, we should be good for a 0-0 second game against then next season. We had more shots than them. Patience running shorter here.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:25 pm

I didn't see it but wasn't surprised. Another backwards step or one of those days?

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:27 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:06 pm
I notice that Taft started for Scunthorpe as they won and kept a clean sheet earlier this afternoon. Is he seriously worse than Delaney and Greenidge?
That just shows how poor Evatt's judgement of players is, for me if we lose on Tues at Mansfield he has to go - its like groundhog day every game, every week same mistakes, same shit tactics, same lethargic start to games, same only start to play when we are two down - Yes the ref was appalling but its still the same shit every week from Evatt & the players. We are going backwards under Evatt the guy is out of his depth.

We have no leaders at the club as I've said for months, yet Evatt continually targets wing backs (he's obsessed), if he knew what he was doing his absolute priority would have been a midfield combative, enforcer, hard man to get these soft as shit players going, we must have the softest, pathetic bunch of players in the football league.

Mr Evatt, please stop winging & moaning about teams being leaked or changing dug outs so that you can moan at a linesman or having a go at the fans for living in the past & please do what you are paid to do - win some football matches, something that you & your soft as shit, choir boy players are clearly incapable of doing. Success for Evatt this season has now become avoiding relegation from League 4, from banging on pre season about promotion to now battling relegation - it doesn't matter what backing he gets from FV and the players he's allowed to bring in, he's clearly incapable of getting a tune out of anyone apart from John Rooney, as I've said previously he's some salesman is Evatt but clearly not a football league manager.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:27 pm

He’s banned anyway now, one game. I think sending Taft out is an error. I’d of quite happily loaned Greenidge out or got him sorted with a job as a covid Marshall or something.

My take from the usual sources is we were shite first half, better second but it took us to 2-0 to wake up. Refs had a shocker and they should have had a man sent off before we did. I suppose my question is was the red the difference? Sounds like Arthur should have scores at least one.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:29 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:20 pm
Someone’s stuck it on Twitter. Evatt gets two yellows. He had a chance to shut up. Presumably he now can’t sit in the dug out next game? Which will leave atherton on his own? He had a chance to not be a dick - mans losing it...
He's a charlatan who is now being found out.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:31 pm

What’s suntan up to these days?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:32 pm

Mark Halsey reckons it was a straight red but we know he's got a soft spot for us. :wink:

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:36 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:31 pm
What’s suntan up to these days?
FV won't get rid of Evatt, they are as wet behind the ears as he is.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:36 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:32 pm
Mark Halsey reckons it was a straight red but we know he's got a soft spot for us. :wink:
Even if it isn't a ref, it's simply the easiest yellow decision ever. But he's not even given a foul. Absolutely bizarre.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:37 pm

Even if it isn't a red* ^^

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:41 pm

I think that's what Evatt was saying when he got the bookings, also included the words "you're finished" allegedly. Could have said, I'm finished. Who knows. I'm sure we'll find out in the coming hours.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:43 pm

Maybe we’d have got the draw if the ref had made the correct decision, but that still wouldn’t have been a great result.

I don’t think it was a terrible performance overall - Delaney essentially cost us the game, but we need to start picking up wins sharpish.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:45 pm

Yeah the hand/arm movements sort of look like they fit that. He’s lost it. Which you have to say is a worry.

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:06 pm

Sadly I don't think it's going to get better anytime soon - we play Mansfield on Tuesday who have won their last 5 in the league. We then face a run of Leyton Orient (9th), Salford (5th) and Morecambe (6th).

We now have fewer wins than Scunthorpe after they beat Grimsby 3-0 earlier today. We really are in the doldrums and I have very little faith that Evatt is the man to get us back to winning ways. I've been firmly in the 'give him time' camp all season not being a fan of chopping and changing managers, but now I'm not sure we can afford to give him much more time...

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:30 pm

brommers95 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:06 pm
Sadly I don't think it's going to get better anytime soon - we play Mansfield on Tuesday who have won their last 5 in the league. We then face a run of Leyton Orient (9th), Salford (5th) and Morecambe (6th).

We now have fewer wins than Scunthorpe after they beat Grimsby 3-0 earlier today. We really are in the doldrums and I have very little faith that Evatt is the man to get us back to winning ways. I've been firmly in the 'give him time' camp all season not being a fan of chopping and changing managers, but now I'm not sure we can afford to give him much more time...
We go in as underdogs. Maybe they'll work as a team and grind out the result.

Last time we went in like this was Salford at home. We had one of the best performances this season.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:46 pm

Mansfield appear to be a good example of what a decent coach can get out of decent players. They've never looked back since appointing Clough.

I'm rapidly losing any faith I had left in Evatt.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:50 pm

Bizarrely, I think in general we've played better against some of the better teams. Two losses and a loss to Salford and I'll think this "long term plan" we're following has come from Qanon.

Losing to Salford needs to be an instant dismissal offence.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:53 pm

We just keep shipping goals, and he doesn’t seem to have any semblance of a plan to sort it, more happy concentrating on wing backs v full backs and creating chances for Doyle. He thought we could go the season with a young keeper who had played a few games at Chorley. He still hasn’t signed a proper replacement! He pines for Kioso back, who’s a good player but he won’t resolve the bloody obvious problems at centre half and keeper. I’m worried he’s the new Owen Coyle and we are sleepwalking towards relegation.